Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Five Prime

2022-2023 IUBB Roster Projection

49 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

JG said after one of the games late in the season that his ball handling wasn’t good enough, and his lateral movement wasn’t where it needed to be to play the 3.

I would agree on the ball handling. The lateral quickness part is ridiculous if compared to a guy like Kopp. He has sufficient lateral quickness to guard on the perimeter. 

His mental lapses on defense, especially off the ball, are what kept him out games. That should improve with another year under Woody. 

1 hour ago, cthomas said:

I certainly understand the argument. But have we seen the ceiling with that frontcourt? I'm not smart enough to know. I do think we are better with X coming back. I thought he grew more than anyone else during the course of the season. The personnel decisions are way above my pay grade. I'm just not sure, as much as I like our players, that most of them coming back gets IU to the next level in the conference. Some combination of the best of what we have and an influx of better talent seems to be the best way forward. Tough choices all around.

I don’t think we’ve seen our seeing with that frontcourt. Not even close, imho. We had bad perimeter play and nonexistent shooting this year but still made the tournament with them. Put a couple of knockdown shooters around them and I think they’d really take off. 

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I don’t think we’ve seen our seeing with that frontcourt. Not even close, imho. We had bad perimeter play and nonexistent shooting this year but still made the tournament with them. Put a couple of knockdown shooters around them and I think they’d really take off. 

In that case Race has to be a consistent threat from 3. I think CMW wants four guys who can score from out on the court. My concern with Race and Trayce coming back is that we end up being the same team we were this year. If I understand correctly, the offense CMW wants to run doesn't include two bigs in the lane. I just think that to move into the top of the conference we need to be a different type of team than we have been. But, what do I know.

3 minutes ago, cthomas said:

In that case Race has to be a consistent threat from 3. I think CMW wants four guys who can score from out on the court. My concern with Race and Trayce coming back is that we end up being the same team we were this year. If I understand correctly, the offense CMW wants to run doesn't include two bigs in the lane. I just think that to move into the top of the conference we need to be a different type of team than we have been. But, what do I know.

If they stay, I wouldn’t mind seeing TJD in more driving situations. He did well with that because most of the 5’s are slower than he is. TJD did well on the move, and would like to see him with more movement.

6 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

If they stay, I wouldn’t mind seeing TJD in more driving situations. He did well with that because most of the 5’s are slower than he is. TJD did well on the move, and would like to see him with more movement.

He was excellent when he made quick decisions too. I liked him forcing defenses to react instead of him reacting to defenses.

4 minutes ago, cbp4iu said:

As fans should we be expecting a rebuild next year or will Woodson bandaid this team together if 6/7 guys are gone.

I think it depends on what we are able to get at the 5, if TJD leaves. We needed at least 3 people to leave and probably if the right 2 more leave we can really improve the roster.

38 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Stewart isn’t returning 

Hate to like a post about a player not returning, but I did.

The wording of his tweet was interesting in that he didn't mention the transfer portal.  My guess is he is done with basketball.  Not sure his heart was in it this year.

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

Hate to like a post about a player not returning, but I did.

The wording of his tweet was interesting in that he didn't mention the transfer portal.  My guess is he is done with basketball.  Not sure his heart was in it this year.

He’s exploring professional options and may look into another year if nothing else works out. 

31 minutes ago, cbp4iu said:

As fans should we be expecting a rebuild next year or will Woodson bandaid this team together if 6/7 guys are gone.

I think you have 

Starters X, JHS Kopp, Geronimo, TJD

Bench Bates, Gallo, Leal, Duncomb, Gunn, Banks plus portal or freshman 

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think you have 

Starters X, JHS Kopp, Geronimo, TJD

Bench Bates, Gallo, Leal, Duncomb, Gunn, Banks plus portal or freshman 

@Chris007 any thoughts on Adou becoming a reality for the '22 class?  In my mind there is almost too much smoke there with the steady engagement from the staff, and we know CMW's love for ballhanders and athleticism.