Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Five Prime

2022-2023 IUBB Roster Projection

1 minute ago, JimmerNoe said:

Just want to make sure I’m not crazy, if you give me one more year of Trayce, Race, XJ, and add Hood-Schifino I don’t really mind too much if we lose Geronimo. It would suck, but in a “what could have been” way. Truly no idea what becomes of him, he has looked promising in spurts but also really rough at times.

Give me one year of proven All-Big 10 posts vs 2 years of (possibly, maybe) JG starting for the first time in his career and trying to replace that production in bulk minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's actually a possibility of 3 years of JG technically given the extra year for covid.

It's actually a possibility of 3 years of JG technically given the extra year for covid.

Fair enough, but if he makes the leap that people are hoping and is replacing the production of those two guys next year, or even close to be honest, I would think there’s no way he isn’t gone after 3 or 4. Again, that’s totally possible but I think if someone says you get two all big ten posts, an all big ten point guard and a five star wing next year it doesn’t matter the cost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

We are still looking for at least two more to either transfer, go pro, or graduate. I think Parker, one more big guy and one PG

If you had to pick, what's your opinion?

Parker, Rob, Duncomb/Race?

24 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

We are still looking for at least two more to either transfer, go pro, or graduate. I think Parker, one more big guy and one PG

Had 16 scholarships committed at end of year for 22-23. Lander and Durr get it to 14. Hoping its Stewart and Kopp also. Race can leave too if it costs us JG. Please stay TJD!

Edited by OldBuddy67

1 minute ago, hoosierdogg said:

Duncomb hardly saw the floor this year, would be surprised if he returns.

Really curious why some think he will just leave. He stayed committed even after the coaching change. I know college basketball is instant gratification or kids enter the portal but I remember the Duncomb who ate Furst's lunch in their head to head matchup and think with added weight and strength he will turn into something. What am i missing?

18 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

I don't think Geronimo necessarily leaves if Race stays. Geronimo's form on his 3-point shot is good. If he becomes a 36%-40% shooter from 3-point range instead of 31% as he was this year, Geronio, TJD and Race Thompson can play together.

Just now, Chris007 said:

Yeah that was a mess all the way around. Coaches wanted to redshirt him, the family said no, then we only played him like 20 minutes all season. I don't think he was good enough to play but I would have told the family it's either redshirt or go somewhere else. 

Family said what?  Who the freak is running this place?  :) 

I know some will say I am just excusing him leaving, but I have never been high on Duncomb.

Not really a fan of below the rim players who are awkward and lack strength. Just never saw him as a big ten player and couldn't believe he was ranked as high as he was watching his tapes.

I'm sure i'll be wrong though and he will be a superstar wherever he goes

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Mins played-- Kopp 880, JG 430

Total turnovers- Kopp 32, JG 31

JG is a walking turnover, currently. 

Geronimo averaged 2.9 per 40 minutes... What other great athletic guys have we had that averaged that many as Sophomores.... Victor averaged 3.2 as a sophomore and Troy Williams averaged 3.2. Sometimes you gotta take the good with the bad. That's a part of the growth for Geronimo. 

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Geronimo averaged 2.9 per 40 minutes... What other great athletic guys have we had that averaged that many as Sophomores.... Victor averaged 3.2 as a sophomore and Troy Williams averaged 3.2. Sometimes you gotta take the good with the bad. That's a part of the growth for Geronimo. 

I believe his shooting will improve immensely, I agree. He has not shown the ability to play on the perimeter.. what so ever. Much more to it then his 3pt %.