Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Five Prime

2022-2023 IUBB Roster Projection

2 hours ago, iubb said:

Indiana guard Khristian Lander has entered the transfer portal, sources told ESPN. Former five-star recruit didn't carve out a consistent role in two seasons with the Hoosiers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish him luck.Good kid, just not physical enough for this league.

Lander leaving puts us at 12 schollys. 

We have Gunn, JHS and Banks coming in. 

So that means AT LEAST two more will be exiting -- obviously more if we hit the transfer portal. 

My guess is Trayce, Race, Durr and Stewart will depart. I don't really want Kopp back, but would have no guess as to what his or the staff's plans are. 

Tough to figure when nobody actually has used up their eligibility. 

I want 2 of these 3 back. X, Race, TJD. Ready to move on from Stewart, Kopp. I like both as Hoosiers, just don’t think they are good enough. Would like to have 1 of Durr/Duncomb stay as a back up big. Mixed feelings on Phin. I was never a huge fan when we recruited him. Good dude, always looks like he’s on verge of being better, but then never happens. I think Leal makes for a perfect 10-13 guy. Hope he can contribute as a shooting guard as an upperclassmen.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

CMW will have more to say about who is on the roster next year than the guys currently on the team. He knows what he wants the team to look like and how he wants to play. The team wasn't that last season. It was make shift at best. I love the kids we have, but we need more talent. There will be changes in that direction, both on the staff and the players.

7 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Got a text late last night -- "Entire team at Kilroys."  Me thinks it was one last hurrah for the boys.  Changes comming.  

It probably was. We know at least three players are gone. They’ve been together everyday since last June. That being said let’s not overreact as a fan base (not saying you are) when we will lose probably 4-6 guys. Just the era we are in right now in college basketball. 

51 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Lander leaving puts us at 12 schollys. 

We have Gunn, JHS and Banks coming in. 

So that means AT LEAST two more will be exiting -- obviously more if we hit the transfer portal. 

My guess is Trayce, Race, Durr and Stewart will depart. I don't really want Kopp back, but would have no guess as to what his or the staff's plans are. 

Tough to figure when nobody actually has used up their eligibility. 

I still am not sure with Kopp and Durr. Don’t they have to sit out a year if they transfer again? I know Race may not have to since this would be his first time. 

7 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

It probably was. We know at least three players are gone. They’ve been together everyday since last June. That being said let’s not overreact as a fan base (not saying you are) when we will lose probably 4-6 guys. Just the era we are in right now in college basketball. 

Not over reacting at all.  I think it's time to move on from some players I really like -- Race, TJD, Phin for example -- and start building for the future.  

39 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Not over reacting at all.  I think it's time to move on from some players I really like -- Race, TJD, Phin for example -- and start building for the future.  

I know that. I was referring to the talking heads on Twitter on the overreacting lol. BTown Banners is the best place to talk IU hoops. 

I agree. If Trayce returns I'm all for it. But overall I want Woodson to pick some guys out of the portal. 

45 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Why would we want to “move on” from our two best players?

12 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Because it could result in one of your best young players moving on because of playing time behind those 2 older guys 

I would still much prefer another year of Trayce and Race over two years of Geronimo. We’re talking about a guy who played 11.6 mpg and averaged 3.4 ppg in conference play. Folks are projecting big improvements for him, but they said the same thing during last offseason. And even if he does have a big jump, chances are Geronimo will never be as good as Trayce is now. Those two come back and we’ll have a great chance of making the tournament and, if we have better guard play, being a much more competitive team in the conference. That keeps the momentum going for recruiting. They leave and we’ll likely take a step back next season. I’m rolling with Trayce/Race any day of the week. If that costs the team Geronimo, oh well. I’m taking the known entities. We’re a better team next year with those two on it. 

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I would still much prefer another year of Trayce and Race over two years of Geronimo. We’re talking about a guy who played 11.6 mpg and averaged 3.4 ppg in conference play. Folks are projecting big improvements for him, but they said the same thing during last offseason. And even if he does have a big jump, chances are Geronimo will never be as good as Trayce is now. Those two come back and we’ll have a great chance of making the tournament and, if we have better guard play, being a much more competitive team in the conference. That keeps the momentum going for recruiting. They leave and we’ll likely take a step back next season. I’m rolling with Trayce/Race any day of the week. If that costs the team Geronimo, oh well. I’m taking the known entities. We’re a better team next year with those two on it. 

No guess on who is going to stay or go.  I would love to see of the two you mentioned Race return though.  

5 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

We’re a better team with all three.  But I don’t see the scenario with Trayce coming back.  Have no idea about Race.

JG led the team in rebounds per minute and was fourth in points per minutes.  That’s pretty damn good for a sophomore.