Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Five Prime

2022-2023 IUBB Roster Projection

1 hour ago, str8baller said:

My thoughts, too. He was starting to step out and shoot it a little. If he can tighten up his handle a little and get respectable from 3, he could play on the perimeter in a big line up. 

Additionally , almost all of Races makes from 3 we’re on the back half of the season. Think he was 12/30. So if he can continue that, we could play bigger and still not clog the lane.  

JG should be able to play the 3 or 4 in college though. 

The thought was that Stewart and Kopp continued to start was possibly because Woodson had promised them starting positions to come/stay at Indiana.

I don't know how you could promise that and not tell JG he would be getting 30 minutes/game next year.  Personally, I'm not a fan of promising guys anything in terms of playing time because things change, but if my choice was to stick my neck out of Stewart, Kopp, or JG, it's a pretty easy choice.

4 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

I don't think it will be as bad once the extra year for players due to covid is gone.  It's still my opinion that was a big mistake and has put a lot of programs into number crunches which further intensifies the portal.

I’m acquainted with a coach at a small, non-D1 college. He and his cohort have been telling class of ‘22 kids for a year that they should take the best offer they have.

The carousel will stop with a lot of good HS seniors needing to take a grad year or play at a level down or whatever as the spots that are available get absorbed by extra Covid year players.

I think there’s an element of it that’s self-serving when the coaches say it — not that they’re selfish or wrong, but a small % of guys WILL get a high-major offer still. And yet it really is a numbers game, and some guys that would’ve redshirted at, e.g., Evansville, will play D2 because a transfer takes the grant.

9 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Literally? No; that would leave Race still in.

And, a starting five of Race, Jordan, Tamar, Trey and JHS is pretty strong. That's not including a returning guard or a high-level portal player like Sparks.

Our cultural establishment is well underway. Our use of players that can guard at least three positions is coming to fruition. Our talent level will be high, and is only getting better.

I guess I don't get the love for Galloway and why we would want him starting.  He has no outside shot and turns the ball over a lot.  I think he is best suited coming off the bench and providing a spark.

I guess I don't get the love for Galloway and why we would want him starting.  He has no outside shot and turns the ball over a lot.  I think he is best suited coming off the bench and providing a spark.

I love his intensity, defensive awareness, his athleticism, his willingness to play team ball, his ability to drive the ball, but his shooting inability is going to hurt him and us so much if he can’t become a threat that at worst deserves to be guarded. If you can sag off a guard it kills offensive spacing.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I love his intensity, defensive awareness, his athleticism, his willingness to play team ball, his ability to drive the ball, but his shooting inability is going to hurt him and us so much if he can’t become a threat that at worst deserves to be guarded. If you can sag off a guard it kills offensive spacing.

You're absolutely right but at the same time the ball moves much better when he's in the game, so it's a give and take. But man IMO, if he could develop a consistent outside shot, he could be one of the best players in the BIG.

4 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Just my opinion, but in the case that Race and Trayce both stayed you would see JG move to the 3.

I actually like that lineup if it can develop. One good thing, we could and should control the defensive glass and possibly increase our offensive rebounding 

Would like us to look at a few shooters and a few 'bigs' amongst these transfer portal players:

PG Moses Flowers - Hartford 6'3" 185 lb. SOPH; 14.1 ppg, 6.3 RPG, 1.9 APG and 36.1 3pt%

SG Noah Freidel - S. Dakota St 6'4" 200 lb. SOPH; 14.2 ppg and 39.6 3pt%

SG Paul Bruns - North Dakota 6'3" 180 lb. FR; 14.8 ppg, 5.8 RPG and 36.9 3pt%

SG Joe Bamisile - George Washington 6'5" 195 SOPH; 16.3 ppg 5 RPG and 35.1 3pt%

SG Quincy Andeson - Minnesota State 6'4" 210 lb. JR; 17.1 ppg, 3.7 RPG, 5.6 APG and 39.4 3pt%

SF Joe Reece - Bowling Green 6'9" 215 lb. JR; 11.3 ppg, 44.4 3pt%

SF Jalen Bridges - West Virginia 6'7" 225 lb. SOPH; 8.4 ppg, 4.8 RPG and 36.9 3PT%

PF Payton Sparks - Ball State 6'9" 240 lb. FR; 13.5 ppg, 8.5 RPG

PF Kendal Coleman - Northwestern State 6'8" 230 lb. FR; 15.4 ppg, 10.1 RPG

PF Isaih Moore - Southern Mississippi 6'10" 210 lb. JR; 13.1 ppg, 7.1 RPG and 30.9 3pt%

C Fardaws Aimaq - Utah Valley State 6'11" 250 lb. JR: 18.9 ppg, 13.6 RPG and 43.5 3pt%

C Neal Quinn - Lafayette 7'0" 260 lb. JR; 14.7 ppg, 7.4 RPG, 4.0 APG and 36.9 3pt%

As far as Seniors in the Portal, if we go for one and done's (don't like):

SF Miryne Thomas - Ball State 6'8" 200 lb. SR: 11.3 ppg, 4.9 RPG, 1.9 APG and 40.9 3pt%

SF Jaiden Delaire - Stanford 6'9" 215 lb. SR; 10.1 ppg, 4.0 RPG and 32.6 3pt%

SF Hayden Brown - Citadel 6'5" 225 lb. SR; 18.8 ppg, 9.5 RPG, 2.3 APG and 28.6 3pt%

SF Jayden Martinez - New Hampshire 6'7" 215 lb. SR: 14.98 ppg, 5.5 RPG, 1.5 APG and 41.8 3pt%

SF Jeameril Wilson - Lehigh 6'7" 200 lb. SR: 11.2 ppg, 5.3 RPG, 2.1 APG and 43.2 3pt%

SG Andrew Funk - Bucknell 6'3" 175 lb. SR: 17.6 ppg, 3.6 RPG, and 3.1 APG and 36.3 3pt%

SG Keondre Kennedy - UMBC 6'6" 180 lb. SR: 14.8 ppg, 5.1 RPG and 2.2 APG and 41.5 3pt%

SG Ethan Wright - Princeton 6'4" 190 lb. SR: 14.7 ppg, 6.9 RPG, and 1.9 APG and 39.5 3pt%

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Such a great post.

Galloway‘s got everything except for one extremely important thing!

11 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Such a great post.

Galloway‘s got everything except for one extremely important thing!

Which I think will really improve this offseason. I think we will see him be a confident 3pt shooter next offseason. But I might have said that last offseason too. 

28 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Which I think will really improve this offseason. I think we will see him be a confident 3pt shooter next offseason. But I might have said that last offseason too. 

Problem is, being a confident 3pt shooter next offseason doesn't help us much during the season. Let's hope he bumps his confidence timeline up to, say, November-ish. :-)

1 minute ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Problem is, being a confident 3pt shooter next offseason doesn't help us much during the season. Let's hope he bumps his confidence timeline up to, say, November-ish. :-)

Yeah that was a mistake but after reading it I thought I would just keep it

Well if my guesses are right and looking at it again...

Starters

Xavier Johnson

Tamar Bates

Jalen Hood-Schifino

Jordan Geronimo

Michael Durr

Bench: Galloway, Leal, Lander, Banks, Gunn, Phinisee, Duncomb

TJD, Race, Kopp, Stewart leaving. Leaves with 1 open scholly. Could 1 of or all of Durr, Duncomb and Lander leaving. 

48 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Starters

Xavier Johnson

Tamar Bates

Jalen Hood-Schifino

Jordan Geronimo

Michael Durr

TJD, Race, Kopp, Stewart leaving. Leaves with 1 open scholly. Could 1 of or all of Durr, Duncomb and Lander leaving. 

At first I was in the thought that maybe 4 guys would leave. I'm starting to think 5 or maybe even 6 guys leave. We will see. I don't think that's a bad thing. 

Not sure if posted but like this simple tweet from JG -

Season ended a little too early but nonetheless it was a great season. So proud of my team and happy to break barriers with my brothers. Now the real work starts!! #GBG #Offseason 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

But what happened…much like his senior year, he gets undercut and hurts his wrist/hand area….I don’t think that can be undersold. His hand/wrist were probably never completely healthy the rest of the way. Hopefully he takes some time off and really rehabs that(which he will) and who knows. I’m not saying he’ll shoot 45% from 3, but I could see him get it up to 36-37% which would be respectable.

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Starters

Xavier Johnson

Tamar Bates

Jalen Hood-Schifino

Jordan Geronimo

Michael Durr

The thought of Durr starting is pretty scary.