Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Five Prime

2022-2023 IUBB Roster Projection

48 minutes ago, Trish said:

Johnson

Hood

Trey

Kopp

Jordan 

That's who I have starting. I have Race, Kristian, Logan, TJD, Parker, Rob, and Durr transferring or leaving for other opps. 

Small ball! Do we switch 1-5?

I have high hopes for Geronimo and Gallo but both will need to put in a great off-season to really impact winning as primary options (starters) next season.

4 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I usually look at high school stats to see what kind of jump they made there. It will let you see what kind of jump they're going to make in college. Tamar is going to go from playing 8-10 minutes a game to 20-25 minutes a game so he should make a huge jump IMO. Or I guess we can say he sucked as a freshman so he will suck all 4 years as well. Sounds like you are in the category that no one will make a jump this offseason. Hopefully you are wrong. But I understand a few people here always think that way. 

You can pretend that I said Bates will suck all four years, but I never did. I said: “The players you mentioned would all have to take astronomical leaps during the off-season. Otherwise we’re going to be an undersized team that also lacks shooting. At this point in their college careers they’re JAGs.”

Counting on players like Bates, Galloway, and Geronimo making big enough leaps to replace what we lose in Trayce is a very optimistic hope.  Not every player has a Oladipo or OG-esque jump. Some players like Phinisee jump backwards. Trayce gets discredited by some and under appreciated because he isn’t Superman and has some flaws in his game. He carried us into the tournament. This team needs talent infusions, and everyone seems to agree with that. Call me a Debbie downer or whatever, but if we lose Trayce we’ll need big moves to just get back to the level we were at this season, let alone a higher level. 

54 minutes ago, Trish said:

Johnson

Hood

Trey

Kopp

Jordan 

That's who I have starting. I have Race, Kristian, Logan, TJD, Parker, Rob, and Durr transferring or leaving for other opps. 

I don't think X & JHS would start together. Both want the ball in their hands to make plays. Don't think either of them would want to come off the bench either. Meetings are taking place this week, so we'll see how things go. 

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I don't think X & JHS would start together. Both want the ball in their hands to make plays. Don't think either of them would want to come off the bench either. Meetings are taking place this week, so we'll see how things go. 

Would that mean that JHS might come off the bench if X returns? Are you thinking X, Bates, Gallo, Geronimo, and a 5 starting?

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

Would that mean that JHS might come off the bench if X returns? Are you thinking X, Bates, Gallo, Geronimo, and a 5 starting?

I don't think both will be on the team but that is just my guessing. I have no info on that. If they are both on the team I think JHS is PG, X is SG or they are PG 1 & PG 2. The rest we will hopefully see soon enough

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I don't think both will be on the team but that is just my guessing. I have no info on that. If they are both on the team I think JHS is PG, X is SG or they are PG 1 & PG 2. The rest we will hopefully see soon enough

My guesswork as well, I see JHS as more of a combo guard, and X would start at point/primary ball handler with JHS secondary ball handler if X returns -- I don't know why X wouldn't, he's the sure-fire starting pg on a team that made the tourney and he's bonded to the guys, but again just my guesswork as well. That's not great shooting (JHS has been improving his outside game but it's been an area he needs to develop), need a good shooting wing to go with Geronimo at the 4

37 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

13 guys don’t play.

Anthony Leal will either earn the right to be one of the 8/9 rotation players, or he will be the ultimate good teammate that isn’t getting minutes.

He needs to turn into that sharp shooter who comes off the bench and shoots you back into the game.  

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

No inside info, but some programs have two good ball handlers on the court who can create for themselves and others on the floor at the same time. Next year's team needs X. A senior who can mentor and complement the freshman would be ideal, especially as no one knows how the freshman will perform in college. 

Help me understand why it's a given that Race is gone? He's still very pro-IU all over social media, he would be a legit contender for 1st team B1G next year, he can stay if he wants and transferring really doesn't do much for him. The dude is a worker, he has verbalized his love for Woody and he loves IU. I want him back, but I pretty much wear crimson goggles at all times.

17 minutes ago, IU-DL said:

Help me understand why it's a given that Race is gone? He's still very pro-IU all over social media, he would be a legit contender for 1st team B1G next year, he can stay if he wants and transferring really doesn't do much for him. The dude is a worker, he has verbalized his love for Woody and he loves IU. I want him back, but I pretty much wear crimson goggles at all times.

Where is the legit contender for 1st team Big 1.o next year coming from?

9 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

It would not be surprising to see him go 15 and 10 next year. That would be close to the jump he made from last year to this year. Not sure where that puts him in the all big ten next year

14 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

It would not be surprising to see him go 15 and 10 next year. That would be close to the jump he made from last year to this year. Not sure where that puts him in the all big ten next year

That would be fantastic and welcomed if it's on a winning team. To give a little context, only Cockburn and Harrar averaged 10+ rebounds this past season with only Cockburn averaging 15+. There wasn't a 15 and 10 player the year before. There were a few in the 2019-2020 season. That's pretty lofty expectations.

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

That would be fantastic and welcomed if it's on a winning team. To give a little context, only Cockburn and Harrar averaged 10+ rebounds this past season with only Cockburn averaging 15+. There wasn't a 15 and 10 player the year before. There were a few in the 2019-2020 season. That's pretty lofty expectations.

Almost 12 and 8 this year, add another basket, better free throw shooting, and a couple of TJD's rebounds and you get where I'm at. My problem with that is if he is scoring that much, then we might not be as good as a team. 

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Almost 12 and 8 this year, add another basket, better free throw shooting, and a couple of TJD's rebounds and you get where I'm at. My problem with that is if he is scoring that much, then we might not be as good as a team. 

Plus, we most likely have a very springy Geronimo getting more minutes that might eat into his rebounding numbers too.

48 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I told you I wear crimson goggles. I think Race can be 1st team B1G; it's an opinion, brotha! I love his game; he has not yet hit his ceiling and would be our starting big man. He can defend, rebound, play "big" (some) and shoot mid range. If he develops even more, that's what we'll see and that's why I said what I said.

19 minutes ago, IU-DL said:

I told you I wear crimson goggles. I think Race can be 1st team B1G; it's an opinion, brotha! I love his game; he has not yet hit his ceiling and would be our starting big man. He can defend, rebound, play "big" (some) and shoot mid range. If he develops even more, that's what we'll see and that's why I said what I said.

I like it! Let's put X on there, Bates and Geronimo on at least 3rd team, and our frosh on the freshman team!

48 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

There are more 16/9  and 17/8 guys than 15/10.  I think the sentiment is the same.