Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Five Prime

2022-2023 IUBB Roster Projection

https://www.cjonline.com/story/sports/college/cat-zone/2022/03/05/bruce-weber-may-have-coached-his-last-home-game-kansas-state-coach/9399839002/

Dreaming of a lineup of...

1. XJ

2. Nijel Pack

3. Tamar Bates

4. Race Thompson

5. TJD

with JHS, JG, and TG coming off the bench. Will dream of it until it doesn't happen!

I love all the Hoosiers, but I can't imagine the duo of Race and Trayce is what Woodson really needs for his system. Ideally with 4 out and 1 in, you have four players who can shoot well from deep and can create off the dribble. All due respect to Race's many talents, those are two things he doesn't do well. Also, if Trayce can't develop any semblance of a jumper he will continue to clog the lane -- making it harder for our guards to create off the dribble. When he screens around the parameter everyone knows there's only one thing he will do next. When Race is on the parameter it's too easy for his defender to sag in the lane. Together they negate the advantage of spreading out a defense to create open driving lanes and open three pointers. 

Again, I love these guys and wish them the best, but their talents aren't very complimentary to what Woodson would like to do. There's a reason IU had the worse offense in the B1G. 

IU has some nice pieces, but as a whole they aren't necessarily compatible. 

The guards are excruciatingly one dimensionly too, which doesn't help. Some arw only comfortable shooting from deep, while some are predictably only adept at driving. No one, with the exception of X sometimes, can score at even two of the three levels.

IUc2016 said:  Dreaming of a lineup of...2. Nijel Pack--

What's with this Nijel Pack reference? I have seen nothing to suggest he is transferring. Did I miss something? I see he was named 1st team Big 12 All Conference so why would he leave KSU? Making All Conference does make me wonder why IU never recruited him. 

2 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

IUc2016 said:  Dreaming of a lineup of...2. Nijel Pack--

What's with this Nijel Pack reference? I have seen nothing to suggest he is transferring. Did I miss something? I see he was named 1st team Big 12 All Conference so why would he leave KSU? Making All Conference does make me wonder why IU never recruited him. 

His coach is about to get fired. 

2 hours ago, ziggyiu said:

I love all the Hoosiers, but I can't imagine the duo of Race and Trayce is what Woodson really needs for his system. Ideally with 4 out and 1 in, you have four players who can shoot well from deep and can create off the dribble. All due respect to Race's many talents, those are two things he doesn't do well. Also, if Trayce can't develop any semblance of a jumper he will continue to clog the lane -- making it harder for our guards to create off the dribble. When he screens around the parameter everyone knows there's only one thing he will do next. When Race is on the parameter it's too easy for his defender to sag in the lane. Together they negate the advantage of spreading out a defense to create open driving lanes and open three pointers. 

Again, I love these guys and wish them the best, but their talents aren't very complimentary to what Woodson would like to do. There's a reason IU had the worse offense in the B1G. 

IU has some nice pieces, but as a whole they aren't necessarily compatible. 

The guards are excruciatingly one dimensionly too, which doesn't help. Some arw only comfortable shooting from deep, while some are predictably only adept at driving. No one, with the exception of X sometimes, can score at even two of the three levels.

I thought the same thing.  If the stay, then they both will have to develop range on their shot and hit them more consistently than they did this year.  Also, I can see only playing one of them at a time.

I can see our starting guards to be X, Tamar Bates, and JHS!  The front court players will depend who stays or gets picked up from the transfer portal 

I don’t understand all of the Tamar Bates love on here? What I saw, he’s a long ways off from being a productive B1G player. Now, I’m not saying that it is impossible that he’ll have a big jump in year 2. I guess what I am saying, he’s got a long ways to go in my book. But hey, been wrong before!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

6 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

I don’t understand all of the Tamar Bates love on here? What I saw, he’s a long ways off from being a productive B1G player. Now, I’m not saying that it is impossible that he’ll have a big jump in year 2. I guess what I am saying, he’s got a long ways to go in my book. But hey, been wrong before!

Being honest, I was pretty disappointed in what I saw from his play. More in like with what I would expect from a top 150 freshman, not a borderline 5*. I think he has plenty of potential to be really good but was pretty poor on defense and just ok on offense. Would love to see him develop under Woodson and make it to the pros. It would go a long way In showing recruits how players progress each year

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Uhh... Wild guess here....

PG- Phinisee

PG- Lander

SG/PG- JHS

SG- Bates

SG- Leal

SG- Gunn

SF/PG- Galloway

PF/SF- Banks

PF- Geronimo

C- Durr

C- Duncomb

Dudes that can come back- Thompson, Kopp, Stewart, TJD, XJ

Guys I think will leave.... Thompson, TJD, XJ, Stewart, Lander, Kopp, Duncomb

Two things:

1. Your wild guess would truly and definitively be the worst case scenario.
  2. Your final roster (taking into account who you think will leave) only has nine scholarship players.

10 hours ago, yogisballin said:

I don’t pay attention to recruiting, so I have no idea what he was supposed to do according to some.  

From my perspective, I’m fairly high on him because he’s the type of player you need in your roster to eventually be successful.  He’s long, fairly athletic and decently skilled. He can get his own shot and handle the rock and then guard multiple positions on the floor at the other end of the court.  

He didn’t do any of those things well this year. But he’sa freshman. Most freshman don’t.  He should be here 3-4 years. He’s has the potential to be type of guys that as a Junior or senior you see on a team like Villanova who plays good, hard nosed basketball and you say “why don’t we have guys like that?”  

Nothing is for certain. You have to have multiple guys like that and hope a few work out. I’d say Galloway, Geronimo and Bates are in that category. The more you have, the better the chance you have at getting a couple Jrs or Seniors who can take you far in the tourney. Outside of UK and Duke, very few teams are driven by stud freshman.  

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

My roster guess next season

1 X

2 Rob

3 JHS

4 Galloway

5 Bates

6 Gunn

7 Leal

8 Banks

9 Geronimo

10 Durr

11 Race

12 Logan

13 either a portal guy or another freshman

I'd say that is probably most likely. Not sure how confident I am in that roster, hopefully the transfer guy is a difference maker on the wing

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Two things:

1. Your wild guess would truly and definitively be the worst case scenario.
  2. Your final roster (taking into account who you think will leave) only has nine scholarship players.

9 leaves room. Guys that could actually come back that I wouldn't expect and it's impossible to say who we get from the transfer portal. I'd say those are the 9 most likely or almost locks.