Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Five Prime

2022-2023 IUBB Roster Projection

20 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

One thing that will matter in all of this is if Kenya Hunter is still here or not. If he leaves then players might leave also. 

I think Kenya leaves ONLY if he gets a "good" HC job. 

And while I respect your opinion a lot, I'm not sure X and Parker would be automatic departures, even if Kenya goes. They only have 1 year left to play. I think one or both would stick around. Just my 2¢

1 minute ago, DWB said:

I think Kenya leaves ONLY if he gets a "good" HC job. 

And while I respect your opinion a lot, I'm not sure X and Parker would be automatic departures, even if Kenya goes. They only have 1 year left to play. I think one or both would stick around. Just my 2¢

If Duquesne opens up and they want Kenya he is probably gone.  That’s his alma mater 

4 hours ago, craigyv88 said:

Can anyone clarify the specifics on if a player’s scholarship counts against the limit of 13 if they use their free Covid year?  I’ve heard that it counts, I’ve heard that it doesn’t, and I’ve also heard it counts but only if the player transfers to a new school and uses the extra year there (i.e Joey Brunk at OSU / Al Durham at Providence).  I have no idea which is true at this point, and I suppose how that works could  have an impact on next year’s roster.  I believe we have six seniors plus TJD who I'm assuming won't play a fourth year, and with only having a 3-man 2022 class signed there will be room for some of those guys to stick around regardless of their scholarship counting.  Just trying to get a feel for if the super senior source is unlimited or not. 

It's the 3rd option that I bolded. Last season's seniors who stayed with their team don't count against the 13 scholarship limit for this season only. Super seniors that transferred count against their new teams' scholarship limit.

4 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

It did not count last year. It counts this year, and going forward.

13 max scholly players.

No players lost eligibility last season but they do this season. Whether or not the seniors of last season who can play because of that this season count against the scholarship limit applies to this season.

I can easily see Rob and Kopp leave, purely because they already have "real life" (means like our lives) Swag. Next I can see Trace moving on also to go "do what he's gotta do". Personally i want them all 3 back, but that is just not the way I see it happening. These are the 3 that I think have punched their man card for their next steps in life, and I am proud of/ for all three of them.  

17 minutes ago, tkbbn said:

I could possibly see Rob staying as he is starting to improve and have some fun. Maybe solidify his career at IU a little with another year. Im sure the last couple of years is not what he envisioned his college career being.

I hope he does!  

I can easily see Rob and Kopp leave, purely because they already have "real life" (means like our lives) Swag. Next I can see Trace moving on also to go "do what he's gotta do". Personally i want them all 3 back, but that is just not the way I see it happening. These are the 3 that I think have punched their man card for their next steps in life, and I am proud of/ for all three of them.  

WTF? Haha

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

Especially since he's a Junior in normal classification and he would have to sit a year.

He’s a senior. This is his 4th year playing college basketball. 

On 1/10/2022 at 6:26 AM, Honkyman said:

I can't imagine Race would return for a 6th year at IU. At some point, people want to get on with their lives. He can make money playing in Europe.  

Have to keep in mind that he did graduate high school early so he that redshirt year age-wise he was still a high school senior.  His redshirt freshman year he only played 9 games because of injury, his sophomore year he was a role player and the season was cut short because of covid, and his junior year was played without fans in the stands.  Even this year is likely to see some stop and start because of covid.  Next season could not only see him being the featured inside scorer for the first time but also with the ability to make some decent NIL money.

On 1/10/2022 at 8:15 AM, LamarCheeks said:

Maybe he will be back, but I don't see it. This already is his fifth year. As far as an extra year helping him sneak into the NBA draft -- if he comes back, he'd be 24 by the time of the 2023 draft. With only two rounds, those picks are precious -- unless he comes back and puts up 25 points and 15 rebounds a game, I don't see an NBA team drafting a 24-year-old. 

Will he be 24 by then?  He did graduate early so unless his family did the keep a year back thing for athletics, wouldn't he be 23?

Edit:  found his birthdate -- June 4th, 1999.  Might have just missed the cutoff date for school so he would have just turned 24 by the NBA draft.

He will be back and don’t forget Durr has 1 more year of eligibility.  He won’t be TJD caliber; however, I do think he can possibly contribute 8-10 points per game, rebounding and defense is where he would need to get better.

I don’t see it with Durr, sorry!

TJD’s only other options are the portal or Europe

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

On 1/10/2022 at 3:58 PM, IUFAN1976 said:

Totally forgot about him!  He has a nice touch from 10-15 from what I’ve seen so far!

The kid has played a grand total of 11 minutes and taken three shots.  Are you attending practices??

10 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Parker?  This is only the third season that he's played.  I know he's sat two seasons.

Yeah as I said I didn't realize what year he was but next year would be his 5th season. I know he also has his music career so he might want to head in that direction.