Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Five Prime

2022-2023 IUBB Roster Projection

1 minute ago, MemphisHoosier said:

@Chris007 are you hearing/expecting any of the Juniors/Seniors back next year my friend?

I don’t know for sure but I don’t see TJD, Rob, Race, X, Miller or Parker back. Hopefully I’m wrong & not sure what class everyone is anymore due to COVID.

5 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I don’t know for sure but I don’t see TJD, Rob, Race, X, Miller or Parker back. Hopefully I’m wrong & not sure what class everyone is anymore due to COVID.

Curious to know what solid information you would be basing that statement on and maybe ask you for a predicted degree of accuracy because that is a very substantial prediction to make, and some of us far away in the cheap seats of the peanut gallery depend on you insiders for nuggets of insight into the players and the program. 

38 minutes ago, chicagoHOOSIER said:

Curious to know what solid information you would be basing that statement on and maybe ask you for a predicted degree of accuracy because that is a very substantial prediction to make, and some of us far away in the cheap seats of the peanut gallery depend on you insiders for nuggets of insight into the players and the program. 

Just my thought. Tjd stock prob never going to get higher might as well go. Race be waiting on SSI check gotta go sometime. X was a stop gap time to move on plus what's coming in. Rob well been here long time etc etc time to move on .kopp and parker stick though Parker eating blue plate specials 

7 minutes ago, Indiana muskie said:

Just my thought. Tjd stock prob never going to get higher might as well go. Race be waiting on SSI check gotta go sometime. X was a stop gap time to move on plus what's coming in. Rob well been here long time etc etc time to move on .kopp and parker stick though Parker eating blue plate specials 

Everybody is entitled to an opinion and a forum to voice those opinions, and I come to this message board to hear those opinions just like everybody else does. I have noticed though that often some opinions with not a lot of solid information behind them are sometimes voiced repeatedly by growing numbers of posters, even as the possibility exists that sometimes opinions can become almost fact-like in groups sometimes due to repetition of posts declaring opinions strongly, and one opinion we hear a lot here in decisive tones seems to revolve around a thought process that everybody at IU who can get out, is leaving as fast as they can before next year gets here. It's a popular thought. I understand some of the logic behind guessing things are going to work out that way, and just wonder how much of those opinions are based in thought backed by solid evidence. It seems to me that some if not most or even all of the players available to play for IU again next year could serve themselves well by taking another opportunity to play basketball here next year.

8 hours ago, chicagoHOOSIER said:

I said I don't really know, just going off what I think. I would put it at 50%. That is nothing I've heard but there was a reason we recruited several guys and will get someone in the portal

15 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Addressing the last sentence, everyone on the team has at least 1 more season of eligibility left after this season if they want to use it either at IU or elsewhere.

I think a few of the seniors will come back for their COVID year. Definitely not all, but I do think that just like last year with some players from other programs, they will take some time away and realize 1 more year in college isn't so bad. Not sure who, but I would be surprised if all of X, Miller, Race, Parker, and Rob leave with eligibility remaining. 

16 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Sure things:

1. Leal
  2. Galloway
  3. Geronimo
  4. Gunn
  5. Banks
  6. Duncomb
  7. Hood-Schifino

Likely

8. Lander,

9. Durr

• Portal (1-3)
  • Additional freshman (1)

Less likely

1. TJD
  2. Race
  3. Phinisee
  4. Kopp
  5. Stewart
  6. X

What about Tamar Bates? 

It may not be the player's choice in every case. CMW seems entirely capable of having the hard conversation about what's best for the program. The kids he is recruiting look to me significantly different than the ones currently on the roster for the most part.

40 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

I think a few of the seniors will come back for their COVID year. Definitely not all, but I do think that just like last year with some players from other programs, they will take some time away and realize 1 more year in college isn't so bad. Not sure who, but I would be surprised if all of X, Miller, Race, Parker, and Rob leave with eligibility remaining. 

Keep in mind, Rob and Race get to leave and play somewhere else immediately.