Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Five Prime

2022-2023 IUBB Roster Projection

4 minutes ago, Five Prime said:

Geronimo is going to fill Thompsons role next year.  Who will fill TJDs?  Lol, we may have to go small ball next year

I imagine Thompson will be back, he has his covid year right?

yes, I imagine, should TJD leave, we will have to play small as we don’t currently have anyone coming in to replace his size, experience, skill

4 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

yes, I imagine, should TJD leave, we will have to play small as we don’t currently have anyone coming in to replace his size, experience, skill

Race could be the strongest big man in the league next year.

57 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

I can't imagine Race would return for a 6th year at IU. At some point, people want to get on with their lives. He can make money playing in Europe.  

If our boosters want to make it happen he can make more money here. Moving on with his life is legit though.  But from a purely monetary perspective our boosters have the ability to outbid any non NBA league 

1 hour ago, Honkyman said:

I can't imagine Race would return for a 6th year at IU. At some point, people want to get on with their lives. He can make money playing in Europe.  

Race will be back, because he will be the go to guy down low!  It would give him the best option to possibly sneak in the NBA draft somewhere, most likely 2nd round.  

8 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

He will be back and don’t forget Durr has 1 more year of eligibility.  He won’t be TJD caliber; however, I do think he can possibly contribute 8-10 points per game, rebounding and defense is where he would need to get better.

18 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Race will be back, because he will be the go to guy down low!  It would give him the best option to possibly sneak in the NBA draft somewhere, most likely 2nd round.  

Maybe he will be back, but I don't see it. This already is his fifth year. As far as an extra year helping him sneak into the NBA draft -- if he comes back, he'd be 24 by the time of the 2023 draft. With only two rounds, those picks are precious -- unless he comes back and puts up 25 points and 15 rebounds a game, I don't see an NBA team drafting a 24-year-old. 

4 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Maybe he will be back, but I don't see it. This already is his fifth year. As far as an extra year helping him sneak into the NBA draft -- if he comes back, he'd be 24 by the time of the 2023 draft. With only two rounds, those picks are precious -- unless he comes back and puts up 25 points and 15 rebounds a game, I don't see an NBA team drafting a 24-year-old. 

I agree with you, I don't see him coming back, and everything I heard it's known that this is his last year. 

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

If our boosters want to make it happen he can make more money here. Moving on with his life is legit though.  But from a purely monetary perspective our boosters have the ability to outbid any non NBA league 

Like what kind of numbers are you talking about on both sides?

Race could make doctor type money playing overseas. Is that your expectation that our boosters give him here? Is it possible? Sure but very unlikely 

What are our players making in NIL deals? I've heard some of the deals for top end talent at other schools but haven't heard what they are making here. It seems we believe our boosters will fork over money for a competitive salary but I haven't seen evidence of that. Where are the big deals coming from and who is getting them?

3 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

What are our players making in NIL deals? I've heard some of the deals for top end talent at other schools but haven't heard what they are making here. It seems we believe our boosters will fork over money for a competitive salary but I haven't seen evidence of that. Where are the big deals coming from and who is getting them?

I think some on here have exact numbers they could share but it is like anything else - the best make the most and the most by a wide margin. Race is good but not all-america good, he won’t compete for the top dollar like TJD and even TJD likely won’t make doctor money

19 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Like what kind of numbers are you talking about on both sides?

Race could make doctor type money playing overseas. Is that your expectation that our boosters give him here? Is it possible? Sure but very unlikely 

It all depends on what league.  And no my expectation isn’t that our boosters will.  Just that they could.  

37 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I haven't heard anything since before the season but TJD is the only one I've heard that is close to 6 figures. 

2 hours ago, IUFAN1976 said:

He will be back and don’t forget Durr has 1 more year of eligibility.  He won’t be TJD caliber; however, I do think he can possibly contribute 8-10 points per game, rebounding and defense is where he would need to get better.

Don't forget Duncomb will be back as well.

28 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

An intriguing player for sure. 

Would love to know how he's been faring against Race and Trayce in practice.

Those two in the paint would be a great incentive to develop range on the jump shot.