Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

landrus13

Charlton Warren hired at UNC

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!

A good day for IUFB imo

Agreed, he was a mediocre DBs coach at Georgia and a below average d coordinator here.  I'm confused as to why UNC would want him to be honest.

The only concern is how this will affect recruiting.

3 hours ago, HoosierX said:

I find it interesting that he left to be to co-defensive coordinator at UNC, almost seems like a demotion and I would doubt it's a pay raise. I feel like there was something going on behind the scenes here.

He worked under Gene Chizik back in the day at UNC. This is absolutely a demotion and most likely a hefty paycut. UNC football doesn’t have the funds to pay Gene his salary and keep Warren north of $600k. They aren’t even paying Chizik what Warren stood to make at IU this year.  I also highly doubt UNC would cover his buyout of IUs contract so if I’m forced to offer a guess, IU asked him to look elsewhere and he obliged 

1 hour ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

Now if only Darren Hiller can be hired somewhere else.

It is weird he’s of the few left standing but I keep seeing people come to his defense. Still very little acknowledgment as to why the OL was so bad last year and no indication as to how it’s getting fixed. I don’t like rooting for people to get fired/shown the door but if anyone earned such a fate, it was him

11 hours ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

It is weird he’s of the few left standing but I keep seeing people come to his defense. Still very little acknowledgment as to why the OL was so bad last year and no indication as to how it’s getting fixed. I don’t like rooting for people to get fired/shown the door but if anyone earned such a fate, it was him

It was just bad last year. It hasn't been good under him period.