Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Minnesota - 1/09/22 @ Noon on BTN

20 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I love the closing lineup of X, Rob, Trey, Race, TJD. When we have a lead, those 5 can shut the door. Bring on Iowa for a late game

I do as well as long as X is under control and he has been trending more that way.

On 1/9/2022 at 2:12 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Through five league games, Indiana is allowing .894 points per possession. That's first in the Big Ten.

This is the opposite of the trend we saw under Miller. With him the defense tended to have good numbers in the non-con and then take a nose dive in-conference. I don't think I ever saw his defense give up that few ppp, though. IIRC it was usually a bit under 1 ppp in the non-con then up to around 1.1 ppp during conference play.

It's nice to actually see a team improve during the season. It's been a while.

11 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Edey would have a legitimate chance at being drafted. Purdue is gonna look a lot different next year, though they should be well off. But Ivey, Williams and Edey could all be gone. They wouldn't have another 10 foot dude to replace Edey which would be very odd for a Purdue team in recent years. 

I thought they had a 10 foot dude coming from Europe?

The Minny game thread seemed to have evolved into a discussion of who would be back on the IU roster next year so I pulled a number of those posts out and put them into a new thread captioned IUBB Roster Projecting 2022-2023.  No one's posts were deleted.  It was all good discussion but with the number of posts that had made regarding next season seemed worthwhile to create a new thread.