Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Minnesota - 1/09/22 @ Noon on BTN

Hate is a strong word, but we agree on something. I am not a fan

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

My only problem with it was basically he had zero offensive threats on the court. Even though they found a few points not sure why you would intentionally do that. It's happened quite a few times

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Southside said:

called for a 10+ win, check. 

called for good games from Galloway and Phin. Check and Check.

I'm happy. Not perfect, but I'm happy. Keep building. Solid win.

And when Bates finally joins the party, watch out!  This team is good but once their bench evolves, we could finally see themselves in the top 25!

6 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

And when Bates finally joins the party, watch out!  This team is good but once their bench evolves, we could finally see themselves in the top 25!

We really merit ranking or a bunch of votes now.

12-3 and 3-2 in conference is pretty solid

21 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Hoping we are not ranked tomorrow, would love to keep the underdog/chip on the shoulder mindset as they head out to play two big road games.

Our turnovers have seen a decline in our last 3 games 
That is a wonderful trend to see

I would love to keep it this low!

Kopp putting the ball on the floor, for more than a dribble or two before a shot, is the next step in cutting down on TOs.

I’m still laughing at TJDs “fastball” pass to Race against O$U. No idea how he ever expected Race to catch that if it didn’t embed itself into his chest.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Hoping we are not ranked tomorrow, would love to keep the underdog/chip on the shoulder mindset as they head out to play two big road games.

We won’t be tomorrow but if we win both games next week, there maybe a chance.  One game at a time, we need to compete and give ourselves a chance to win on the road.

I don’t think we’re there yet. We have a win over a ranked team. That team will probably drop a handful of spots after their last three performances. I would agree if we didn’t play so poor against PSU. Not too far outside of the top 25. A couple of wins this week and I’d say around #18.

3 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Kopp putting the ball on the floor, for more than a dribble or two before a shot, is the next step in cutting down on TOs.

I’m still laughing at TJDs “fastball” pass to Race against O$U. No idea how he ever expected Race to catch that if it didn’t embed itself into his chest.

What about the fastball 5 rows up in the bleachers, lol.  

25 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Also before that, it’s something like

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Just read this thread and there are some on here that is bipolar. One minute up and the next you are down and then up again.  I don't like subbing 5 at a time but they do it in the NBA all the time.  The difference is that both teams are doing it in the NBA but not in college.

Welcome to IU basketball the past 20 years.  :)

Just finished replay.  Phinisee was fantastic, especially on defense. Guard play in general was much better.  We should keep winning games if they play at that level.  Galloway has been a huge spark and should continue to see a lot of minutes.  The refs kind of sucked honestly, especially for a home game.  Minny had like 1 foul in each half at the under 8 timeout.  

Have to find a way to play like this on the road and close out games for wins.  

20 minutes ago, Five Prime said:

Just finished replay.  Phinisee was fantastic, especially on defense. Guard play in general was much better.  We should keep winning games if they play at that level.  Galloway has been a huge spark and should continue to see a lot of minutes.  The refs kind of sucked honestly, especially for a home game.  Minny had like 1 foul in each half at the under 8 timeout.  

Have to find a way to play like this on the road and close out games for wins.  

That’s what I’ve said before, we are one of a few B10 schools that doesn’t get any home cooking.  Purdue is one of the top schools who does.  Go figure!

10 minutes ago, Five Prime said:

One other observation - I hope Bates watches this replay a few times.  If he can get his game to mirror something like a Battle/Willis hybrid he can take this IU team to the next level.  We need someone on the wing to turn into an on ball playmaker.  

He will, hopefully sooner than later

That’s what I’ve said before, we are one of a few B10 schools that doesn’t get any home cooking.  Purdue is one of the top schools who does.  Go figure!

We don’t force our style of play like others. We’re typically not the aggressor. That’s a huge reason we don’t get the benefit of the whistle like others.