Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Minnesota - 1/09/22 @ Noon on BTN

17 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Remember when “we could be going undefeated” heading into the game with purdoodoo? That was fun.

I’d like to be competitive in the next two without reverting back to old ways. We’ll have chances against Iowa to get out and run but Murray could go for 50 against us.

I hope we put it on Nebrasketball and it’s not close. I know, I know winning on the road in the Big 1.o is difficult. Nebrasketball is not good.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Agree, but I'd be happy with even a 1 point win at Nebraska. 

Iowa will be tough to beat at home, I'm not anticipating a win there.

Minnesota gameplan early leaving X WIDE open was working. Glad they gave Phin the same treatment and he made them pay. That was key. Have a feeling X will get that treatment a lot going forward. Reffing wasn’t the homecooking one might expect. Solid overall game despite a bad first five in both halves. Woody may eventually have to tinker with that if trends continue. TJD played under composure. Enjoyable Sunday watch. Parker Stewart missing 2 FTs at the end surprised me.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I like the rotation this game.  Our top 7 guys got 90% of the available minutes. Definitely closer to what I want to see.  

Also always a good sign when TJD isn’t our top scorer and we still win. 

Is it just me or does TJD always get a double double against minny

1 hour ago, yogisballin said:

6 turnovers boys!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Two of those were in the first 5 min of the second half and we looked like we’d revert for a little bit. Whatever Woody has been doing in practice to get the ball handling under control it’s been working. I fear our old ways aren’t too far beneath the surface…yet. 

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

I think we need his spark off the bench. He made a few boneheaded plays when he came in but straightened it out quickly. With Phin and Galloway getting going in the last few games we really need to get Kopp and Bates in the flow. Also, we’re going to need to scheme something up so P Stew isn’t exposed on defense.

Bates is getting closer, he had two shots go in and out!  I say he’ll be there against Iowa and/or Nebraska 

Just read this thread and there are some on here that is bipolar. One minute up and the next you are down and then up again.  I don't like subbing 5 at a time but they do it in the NBA all the time.  The difference is that both teams are doing it in the NBA but not in college.

46 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Remember when “we could be going undefeated” heading into the game with purdoodoo? That was fun.

I’d like to be competitive in the next two without reverting back to old ways. We’ll have chances against Iowa to get out and run but Murray could go for 50 against us.

I hope we put it on Nebrasketball and it’s not close. I know, I know winning on the road in the Big 1.o is difficult. Nebrasketball is not good.

Winning at Iowa will be a huge task but if we pull that off, we have started a nice trend of good basketball!

1 hour ago, FloridaHoosierGirl said:

Honestly a little worried there would be a let down after beating THE.  Glad to get this win!  

I don’t think this coaching staff is going to allow that after the Penn State let down.  This isn’t the last 5 years, this team is different and it is obvious we are starting to get better 

I am not banking on a W at Iowa, but Iowa's strength (almost as always) is its offense, and our D is better and should give Iowa fits. That's probably going to be a game of runs and an all out dog fight. And now that we have Galloway back, adding the spark and downhill game he brings along with extra D, should be a good game win or lose.

I like Galloway off the bench too, but I'd like to see him in the game earlier when the starters struggle to get started (pun intended).  

Same, I really don’t like the complete second unit in together. I believe we can get more creative with that.

Our first handful of offensive possessions we were mostly standing. We started playing better as soon as we started moving. It almost like we forget about this to start halves.

Maybe it would be good to start Galloway over Kopp to get this going then sub Kopp for P Stew when he’s getting beat over and over.

2 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

not that far away from it, and I'd sure like to have had Galloway in those 3 games.

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

I like the rotation this game.  Our top 7 guys got 90% of the available minutes. Definitely closer to what I want to see.  

Also always a good sign when TJD isn’t our top scorer and we still win. 

Is it just me or does TJD always get a double double against minny

4 for 4