Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs #13/12 Ohio State - 01/06/22 @ 7:00 on FS1

2 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

They may be tied together but they are two separate assertions. Correct coach is assertion 1 and an all-time great is assertion 2. His first assertion he states/implies as already true and his second assertion will obviously happen in the future.

Goodman replied to his assertion 1 and he responded with the "all said and done" which was related to his assertion 2. I realize this is a silly thing to argue about, but I'm not wrong.

I think you’re overthinking it - all good though lol 

Drove up to the OSU game from SC to see it "live", rather than on the tube.

In the stands I didn't think we played all that well, especially on offense. Defense was good. We still don't set screens on offense at all. I bet we didn't set more than 2-3 all night.

Just got back home to watch the replay on TV, and we looked much better on TV than I thought we did when I was in the stands.

Still can't hit a 3 ball. Only 13% from deep for the game. Horrible, esp at home.

If Galloway doesn't start, I might have to drive back to Bloomington and slap some sense into Woody. Trey was great. Really great. All the little things that don't show up in the box score and makes your team better....like hustle.

Good win guys!

4 minutes ago, DWB said:

In the stands I didn't think we played all that well, especially on offense. Defense was good. We still don't set screens on offense at all. I bet we didn't set more than 2-3 all night.

Just got back home to watch the replay on TV, and we looked much better on TV than I thought we did when I was in the stands.

Still can't hit a 3 ball. Only 13% from deep for the game. Horrible, esp at home.

If Galloway doesn't start, I might have to drive back to Bloomington and slap some sense into Woody. Trey was great. Really great. All the little things that don't show up in the box score and makes your team better....like hustle.

Good win guys!

Well if you start Galloway instead of Kopp or Stewart then you would only have 1 outside shooter.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Well if you start Galloway instead of Kopp or Stewart then you would only have 1 outside shooter.

You're right. But I didn't say he had to replace Kopp or Stewart. I was thinking more about X. But if that isn't an option, then my 2nd choice would be Kopp. TG plays much better defense, and Kopp hasn't been all that great this season from deep. He's what? 33-34%? A missed three usually has a long rebound and almost feels like a turnover.

I'll take Galloway's hustle over Kopp's shooting all season long. Because I think Trey makes the team much better.

But that's just me.

2 minutes ago, DWB said:

You're right. But I didn't say he had to replace Kopp or Stewart. I was thinking more about X. But if that isn't an option, then my 2nd choice would be Kopp. TG plays much better defense, and Kopp hasn't been all that great this season from deep. He's what? 33-34%? A missed three usually has a long rebound and almost feels like a turnover.

I'll take Galloway's hustle over Kopp's shooting all season long. Because I think Trey makes the team much better.

But that's just me.

Kopp is around 37% on the year.  Much better on the road than at home according to ESPN's splits, a little under 47% on the road vs 32% at home.

1 hour ago, JSHoosier said:

Kopp is around 37% on the year.  Much better on the road than at home according to ESPN's splits, a little under 47% on the road vs 32% at home.

Right, Kopp was 40 percent from the arc coming into this game though, but bad all around on 2-Pt FG’s

Hit hit a few timely contested shots and pulled down some key boards. Hope he has a few breakout games but he may just be the guy who at times can someone hit a runner in jptraffic when we really need it.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, DWB said:

Good win guys!

We definitely figure out P Stew and Kopp in the starting lineup along with shooting a better percentage from deep. I like Galloway coming off the bench to provide a spark. What really needs to happen is players playing to their strength and being put in those positions to succeed. Hopefully, we figure that out sooner rather than later.

Would be great if Kopp fulfilled that Sheehey role for us by scoring a bit more than he is now. He’s definitely not as athletic but Kopps pumpfake corner threes into the pull-up 2 pointer remind of Sheehey…especially his big one vs VCU

23 minutes ago, DoctorP said:

Would be great if Kopp fulfilled that Sheehey role for us by scoring a bit more than he is now. He’s definitely not as athletic but Kopps pumpfake corner threes into the pull-up 2 pointer remind of Sheehey…especially his big one vs VCU

Yeah he had a great play from the left corner last night. I am one who thinks he should  be spacing more with the 3-ball, but that play from the left corner was sweet

18 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Phinisee and Galloway are both outstanding weak side help defenders. Kopp is pretty good/underrated too.

Phin takes a lot of grief, but in the right role he is very effective. He tied up Liddell twice last night on exactly what you just described - Trayce rises to block and the post passes to a weak side cutter. 

This is the play people keep talking about as an example of Phin doing good things despite his 1-6 shooting and 0 assists. He got absolutely blown by 1x1 at the top of the arc, didn’t recover and forced Geronimo to come over and save him - causing a bad pass that landed halfway between Liddell and Phin who finally got back

297F1DCB-00A2-4034-B7D3-94F12FFC9350.jpeg

61E6F47D-E1F3-41BC-8A54-62D69FF44644.jpeg