Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs #13/12 Ohio State - 01/06/22 @ 7:00 on FS1

13 minutes ago, IU-DL said:

Man...they didn't come through in slow motion. That sucks....no need to watch 2-second clips. If anyone wants to see them in slow-mo, DM me and I'll text them to you.

If anyone is on desktop and pulls them up on VLC (the goat media player) you can change speed to “slowest” and they come through in silky smooth slow-mo. 

Yup…. This win still feels good today. Watching Trayce dominate a game is pretty awesome stuff.

Trey G box score/stat line doesn’t jump off the page but for all of us watching he was the difference in good ball movement and bad ball movement. He also plays smart team defense. Less overhelping when he was on the court.

ALSO, my critical point. Some team, probably Purdue is going to make us pay for TJD wanting to strong side and weak side block everything by feeding the post and then a cutter opposite side (or more simply rebound putbacks) So long as TJD uses good judgement it’s working but some game it’s going to hurt us.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

^^ Agree, but also as well as we turned our D into O to power through the second half into a very convincing W, we only shot 15 from the Arc, and went 2-15 from the Arc. Not good. Overall we shot 25 of 61 FG's, inside play dominated.

OSU by comparison shot 27 from outside and went 8-27. 

We still need to use our outside game, really need to improve the inside-out play, without it we remain exposed, we can't be shooting threes at the bottom of the conference.

49 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yup…. This win still feels good today. Watching Trayce dominate a game is pretty awesome stuff.

Trey G box score/stat line doesn’t jump off the page but for all of us watching he was the difference in good ball movement and bad ball movement. He also plays smart team defense. Less overhelping when he was on the court.

ALSO, my critical point. Some team, probably Purdue is going to make us pay for TJD wanting to strong side and weak side block everything by feeding the post and then a cutter opposite side (or more simply rebound putbacks) So long as TJD uses good judgement it’s working but some game it’s going to hurt us.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Phinisee and Galloway are both outstanding weak side help defenders. Kopp is pretty good/underrated too.

Phin takes a lot of grief, but in the right role he is very effective. He tied up Liddell twice last night on exactly what you just described - Trayce rises to block and the post passes to a weak side cutter. 

7 minutes ago, Joe_hoopsier said:

You'd think he would have blocked it over to a wide open Rob instead of the OSU player. I mean, how hard could it be right? ..   hahaha

I'm still ride'n high from my performance last night.................... As a fan !  

Swatted Liddell's NPOY hopes right outta there. 

3 hours ago, IU-DL said:

Man...they didn't come through in slow motion. That sucks....no need to watch 2-second clips. If anyone wants to see them in slow-mo, DM me and I'll text them to you.

They were in slow motion for me. I watched on an Android phone.

15 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

To be fair if you want to get into semantics, his response to Goodman doesn’t make sense.

DB662258-05C4-4259-80A5-B048E082B07C.png

I don't know why you say that. Makes perfect sense to me. I can understand what he was meaning/ feeling. I doubt he ever expected to be a novelist, although some will judge him as he was. piss on them. 

Just now, Joe_hoopsier said:

I don't know why you say that. Makes perfect sense to me. I can understand what he was meaning/ feeling. I doubt he ever expected to be a novelist, although some will judge him as he was. piss on them. 

Becuase he was saying that Woodson is the correct coach, and Goodman said it was too early to make that claim.  "When it is all said and done" was a separate comment about him being one of the all-time greats. Goodman didn't respond to that comment.

2 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

Becuase he was saying that Woodson is the correct coach, and Goodman said it was too early to make that claim.  "When it is all said and done" was a separate comment about him being one of the all-time greats. Goodman didn't respond to that comment.

But they’re not separate. It’s a continuation, he says before it’s all said and done he’ll become one of the top college coaches - not all time greats, college coaches, as in it was the right choice for IU

1 minute ago, HoosierHoopster said:

But they’re not separate. It’s a continuation, he says before it’s all said and done he’ll become one of the top college coaches - not all time greats, college coaches, as in it was the right choice for IU

They may be tied together but they are two separate assertions. Correct coach is assertion 1 and an all-time great is assertion 2. His first assertion he states/implies as already true and his second assertion will obviously happen in the future.

Goodman replied to his assertion 1 and he responded with the "all said and done" which was related to his assertion 2. I realize this is a silly thing to argue about, but I'm not wrong.