Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs #13/12 Ohio State - 01/06/22 @ 7:00 on FS1

4 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

This is just not factual. They hit one ridiculous three and many wide-open, take time to phone home and tell your parents how awesome you're playing, threes. Our defense against PSU, specifically with on ball screens and over helping, was terrible.

Cool story. Hitting .500 at an open gym session would be impressive enough, not going to get in a pissing match with you about the quality of looks of all 22 3's they took. Pick your nits elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, iu eyedoc said:

Cool story. Hitting .500 at an open gym session would be impressive enough, not going to get in a pissing match with you about the quality of looks of all 22 3's they took. Pick your nits elsewhere.

Hitting .500 at an open gym sesh for a shooter would be impressive? P Stew was hitting close to .500 in live games. I'd sure hope shooters in college would be hitting well above .500 in open gym.

52 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

I have been to all of the non-student games this year, last night was the largest crowd of the 5 games. There were still some empty seats in the lower level (very few) and the upper level across from my seats was probably half to 2/3s full. I will say the crowd was very hesitant at the start of the game, but as the night went on the volume dramatically increase. There were moments that it felt like the roof was just about to blow off (All of those threes that rimmed out at the end of all those runs), but it just wasn't in the cards. I would have to say that was the loudest non-student game I have been too.

Attendance numbers confirm this. All the previous non-student games were announced at 12,000+ while last night was announced at 14,000+. 20-111-2012 and 2012-2013 not withstanding when every game against everyone was packed to the rafters and the non-student games sold out or came very close, 14,000 or so has been pretty typical for the weeknight holiday Big Ten games with no students (weekend Big Ten games without students have been slightly higher). 

- The staff had me worried with the start of the game, we were standing around on offense and it took until the 12 minute mark to get going. We finally got Parker off some staggers, that was nice to see. Miller Kopp putting the ball on the court and hitting a couple floaters was surprising. 

- TJD, first team All-American. I've changed my mind, he will be an NBA draft pick this year. A second round draft pick, late 1st if he somehow learns to stretch the floor.

- Trey is the Hoosier we need. Indiana kid, he gets it. We play better with him despite his flaws. 

- Defense was incredible. We're making strides in that.

- Johnson is about equal with Josh Newkirk, I'm not a fan of that. 

- Tough to swallow that we could be undefeated right now.. 

1 minute ago, Trish said:

- The staff had me worried with the start of the game, we were standing around on offense and it took until the 12 minute mark to get going. We finally got Parker off some staggers, that was nice to see. Miller Kopp putting the ball on the court and hitting a couple floaters was surprising. 

- TJD, first team All-American. I've changed my mind, he will be an NBA draft pick this year. A second round draft pick, late 1st if he somehow learns to stretch the floor.

- Trey is the Hoosier we need. Indiana kid, he gets it. We play better with him despite his flaws. 

- Defense was incredible. We're making strides in that.

- Johnson is about equal with Josh Newkirk, I'm not a fan of that. 

- Tough to swallow that we could be undefeated right now.. 

Xavier Johnson is so, so much better than Josh Newkirk. 

When X doesn't play well, it's often because he is too intense/aggressive. When Newkirk didn't play well he was sleepwalking.

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Xavier Johnson is so, so much better than Josh Newkirk. 

When X doesn't play well, it's often because he is too intense/aggressive. When Newkirk didn't play well he was sleepwalking.

Johnson is a better defender, I'll give him that. But I really don't ever want to see another Pitt PG transfer on this team again. At least Rob is finally coming around to playing stable. 

6 minutes ago, IU-DL said:

I had courtside seats last night thanks to my attorney and have some incredible videos; slow-motion. Any idea on the best way to publish a video on here?

Interested! If you're on mobile, start a new post, click "choose files", then "choose from library", pick what you want to share, then click the little plus sign in the top right of each file. If on desktop, basically the same steps, but you need to get the videos from phone to computer first.

24 minutes ago, IU-DL said:

Watching the bench reactions is outstanding. If you guys think that Lander is somehow depressed on the bench? Nope. He seems pretty freakin happy for team success.

Also, those are some extraordinary seats ya rat bastard.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Watching the bench reactions is outstanding. If you guys think that Lander is somehow depressed on the bench? Nope. He seems pretty freakin happy for team success.

Also, those are some extraordinary seats ya rat bastard.

Man...they didn't come through in slow motion. That sucks....no need to watch 2-second clips. If anyone wants to see them in slow-mo, DM me and I'll text them to you.