Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs #13/12 Ohio State - 01/06/22 @ 7:00 on FS1

Phinisee tried to blow us up again but thankful others stepped up. It was like clockwork - Phin checks in, OSU goes on a run. Phin continues to take what the defense begs of him and goes 1-6 in 22 minutes with 0 assists. How the F is that possible?

I thought he had some nice work on the defensive end.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

They’ve only played road games this season? How have they’d played at all those places this season?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

This isn't his first season.  He played 17 games in 20-21 after he had a knee injury early.  He played against us, in fact, last year when we played at Ohio State.

Just finished watching replay.  

1) TJD brings that energy and level of play consistently and this team would be undefeated right now.  I realize it is harder to do on the road but we need him to figure it out.  Incredible performance.

2) Galloway was the difference between a close win or loss and a blowout win.  He is absolutely needed on this team.

3) defense is top in the Big 10

4) we beat a top 15 team while shooting 13% from 3

5) our PGs were serviceable, which is about as good as we can hope for this season.

6) Stewart needs to keep his head up and have a short memory.  We are going to need his shooting on the road in the Big 10.

7) great bounce back by Woody and the staff.  They need to push the buttons to get this energy out of these guys every game.

8 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

They’ve only played road games this season? How have they’d played at all those places this season?

Trying to figure out how a Hoosier fan watches this game, logs into a Hoosier message board, and thinks you know what, I really need to discuss this OSU kids uninformed tweet about the greatness of AH.

I mean WTF.

What hasn't been discussed is that IU shot 83.3% on FT's and had 9 TO's. Fundamental BB is fun to watch.

IU has had a total of 1 game since 2015-16 where they shot 80%+ on FT's and under 10 TO's, 1-11-19 vs Maryland.

This team is growing and when they first learn to walk they will fall a lot, but eventually, they will get coordinated and learn to dance. 

Man what a fun game last night. Not sure if I should start my Friday off with a beer or a cup of coffee.

We spanked the Buckeyes like the babies they are. 

TJD played like an All American

Trey changes everything. His energy makes everyone else play at a higher level. 

We hit free throws, the defense was fantastic and the offense for the most part had some flow to it. 

If we have a lead, give me X, Rob, Trey, Race and TJD to finish out a game.

Let's bring Minny to town for their A$$ Whooping this weekend. 

That was a good team win. Great job Staff, now build on it. 

28 minutes ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

This team is going to be the death of me.

They can't beat crappy Penn State in Happy Valley, and then stomp all over a ranked Ohio State at home.

So, what you're saying is ... "Happy - crappy; State, great?"

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Man what a fun game last night. Not sure if I should start my Friday off with a beer or a cup of coffee.

We spanked the Buckeyes like the babies they are. 

TJD played like an All American

Trey changes everything. His energy makes everyone else play at a higher level. 

We hit free throws, the defense was fantastic and the offense for the most part had some flow to it. 

If we have a lead, give me X, Rob, Trey, Race and TJD to finish out a game.

Let's bring Minny to town for their A$$ Whooping this weekend. 

That was a good team win. Great job Staff, now build on it. 

Eric Curry has bought himself a big ol' Trayce problem.

Trying to figure out how a Hoosier fan watches this game, logs into a Hoosier message board, and thinks you know what, I really need to discuss this OSU kids uninformed tweet about the greatness of AH.
I mean WTF.

What’s difficult to understand about questioning the scope of his experience, Hoosier fan or not? He’s comparing us (yes, shocking that an IU fan that’s followed this crowd from site to site for many many years can question his experience) to the other gyms with COVID crowds and a few lower level Big 1.o gyms. If you’re happy with that then it’s on you.

I replied to a post that included the tweet. I guess you’re expecting everyone to take everything at face value and not question or think. “Group think” doesn’t make for good discussion and, not to get too political, is generally a poor way to walk through life.

59 minutes ago, iu eyedoc said:

What hasn't been discussed is that IU shot 83.3% on FT's and had 9 TO's. Fundamental BB is fun to watch.

FT’s were huge and generally kept us from getting into a hole. Durr hit a couple big ones. So did Leal and X. Important ones to stop O$U from stringing together un answered scores.  

On the TO front, we’ve now done that a couple games. Hopefully that sticks. Even if the 3pt shooting comes back I don’t think we’ll win many B1G games with 16+ TOs like we saw earlier in the year. 

3 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

What’s difficult to understand about questioning the scope of his experience, Hoosier fan or not? He’s comparing us (yes, shocking that an IU fan that’s followed this crowd from site to site for many many years can question his experience) to the other gyms with COVID crowds and a few lower level Big 1.o gyms. If you’re happy with that then it’s on you.

I replied to a post that included the tweet. I guess you’re expecting everyone to take everything at face value and not question or think. “Group think” doesn’t make for good discussion and, not to get too political, is generally a poor way to walk through life.

In my opinion?

You are getting kinda fired up because someone thought it a bit much to be, as you put it, "questioning the scope of (Meechie freakin' Johnson's) experience."

Let's not confuse "lots of people agree and are allowed to say so" with "group think."

After watching the second half again, the frosh (playing in his second season) wing coming off the bench might be the leader we’ve been needing. He was actually communicating getting back on defense in transition, bringing everyone together, and brought the energy. I can’t wait until the day where (almost) everyone who sees the floor brings that level of energy and effort. It’s crazy that there is a noticeable difference between one or two and the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners