Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs #13/12 Ohio State - 01/06/22 @ 7:00 on FS1

I still have FS1 on and am chuckling -- they're actually having to kill time until  the Wisky-Iowa game. 

How many friggin' times have we missed the first few minutes of our games because the previous game ran long. 

The Hawkeyes and Badgers should thank us for kicking Brutus' a$$, 

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

Didn’t get to see it all because of FS1!!

Was this a “home” win, Galloway returning with energy win, or has something finally clicked?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

We outplayed them.  Really wouldn't have been this close if we hit our threes -- and we were getting great looks.

6 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Hate to have coulda shoulda wouldas -- but I can't help but wonder what we'd have done against 'Cuse, Wisky and PSU with a healthy Galloway. He didn't pile up a bunch of stats, but he was game-changer tonight. 

He was starting to assert himself as the most important guy off the bench right when he got hurt. Glad to see his time off didn’t stunt that growth. 

Between him leal bates and Geronimo we are a little small but have a nice bench developing. Thought Phin played good D down the stretch too. 

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Didn’t get to see it all because of FS1!!

Was this a “home” win, Galloway returning with energy win, or has something finally clicked?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

30-40% home win and O$U being crap away from home, 40-50% Trey doing basketball things, 10-20% things clicking, but they could wake up tomorrow and forget the positives on offense and be standing in cement vs Minnesoda.

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

We will see lots of Bates still.

I have no doubt Bates will figure it out and get it going.  The time he is missed is showing up but he is fine (just not as FIIIINE as Trey :)

1 minute ago, LIHoosier said:

30-40% home win and O$U being crap away from home, 40-50% Trey doing basketball things, 10-20% things clicking, but they could wake up tomorrow and forget the positives on offense and be standing in cement vs Minnesoda.

Plus TJD decided to play beast mode unlike Penn State game.

I don't normally post in the game thread win or lose, but since I posted earlier, I was getting notifications and wanted to put my 2 cents in.

Tonight showed 2 things to me.
1) They are capable of winning against every team in the B1G. They have to bring that energy every game. They don't and it is frustrating to watch.

2) we missed TG's effort and play the opening 3 games of the Conference and against Syracuse. We may be undefeated with him. Hopefully he was the missing key.

P.S. although I'm concerned about our 3pt shooting, I'm more concerned about everyone but PS. He has proven he can shoot the 3 at the high rate.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Just now, Whoozhers said:

Why wasn’t a foul called on the OSU player that put Trey into the goal padding?
I don’t understand that.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

End of the game. They wanted to get out of there. Didn’t want to spoil TJD’s dunk and Treys assist. 

10 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

But defense is the constant.