Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Uspshoosier

(2025)-PF Bryson Tiller

3 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

To each their own.  Everyone in the industry knew the players deserved a piece of the pie. Thus Nil as the intermediary because the cat was fully out of the bag.  We didn’t need to play the game with the same strategy as Kentucky but we needed to be in the game.  Our program has been a self righteous loser for the most part of 25 years, setting innumerable record program lows. Kentucky wasn’t even close to the only one in the game.  

They were already getting a huge piece of the pie unless you think $50,000 isn't much. With scholarships, .money for housing, free training, free food, free food, free traveling, free medical 

To each their own.  Everyone in the industry knew the players deserved a piece of the pie. Thus Nil as the intermediary because the cat was fully out of the bag.  We didn’t need to play the game with the same strategy as Kentucky but we needed to be in the game.  Our program has been a self righteous loser for the most part of 25 years, setting innumerable record program lows. Kentucky wasn’t even close to the only one in the game.  

I’m sure everyone drives the speed limit, never rolls through that stop sign in the middle of nowhere, and always abides by every law no matter what others around them do.

We didn’t even follow all the rules. Some of our best over the past decade got some spending money or other extras. It’s just we tried to play the holier than thou game and sucked.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

They were already getting a huge piece of the pie unless you think $50,000 isn't much. With scholarships, .money for housing, free training, free food, free food, free traveling, free medical 

Those bagels without cream cheese was absolutely worth the millions schools make off of them. I guess if each player gets ~0.0001% of the pie for being THE reason universities are making bank…

13 hours ago, IU Scott said:

And very high-paying, low effort summer jobs from businesses that were fans of the program.

2 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Those bagels without cream cheese was absolutely worth the millions schools make off of them. emoji23.png I guess if each player gets ~0.0001% of the pie for being THE reason universities are making bank…

You are only looking at football and men's basketball but that money pays for all of the other sports as well 

15 hours ago, IU Scott said:

This sounds like the pitch my Army recruiter used to get me to enlist, except he at least included a 25k signing bonus and a salary too hahaha. 

You are only looking at football and men's basketball but that money pays for all of the other sports as well 

The great thing about the NIL model is the university will still be able to exploit those big time programs with the athletes being able to make money for their NIL. Great concept for all parties. Your coxswain on your second 8 crew will have their degree paid for because the uni is pulling in nine figure/year TV deals for basketball and football. Crazy!

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

The great thing about the NIL model is the university will still be able to exploit those big time programs with the athletes being able to make money for their NIL. Great concept for all parties. Your coxswain on your second 8 crew will have their degree paid for because the uni is pulling in nine figure/year TV deals for basketball and football. Crazy!

If those athletes are being exploited sign me up to be exploited

22 hours ago, IU Scott said:

This argument doesn't hold up now that NIL is permitted and open. The market has already demonstrated that these athletes are worth well more than what the NCAA previously permitted. On a recent podcast, the CBS guys said estimates of Drew Timme's earnings are at $2 million. Sure, he's a multiple AA and possible preseason NPOY,  but it's now impossible to claim that he was receiving a fair deal before NIL.

33 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

This argument doesn't hold up now that NIL is permitted and open. The market has already demonstrated that these athletes are worth well more than what the NCAA previously permitted. On a recent podcast, the CBS guys said estimates of Drew Timme's earnings are at $2 million. Sure, he's a multiple AA and possible preseason NPOY,  but it's now impossible to claim that he was receiving a fair deal before NIL.

I don't think individual players is what brings in the money because it is the name on the front of the jersey. There are very few athletes that make money just because of their name or accomplishments but who they play for.  

I don't think individual players is what brings in the money because it is the name on the front of the jersey. There are very few athletes that make money just because of their name or accomplishments but who they play for.  

Ok. But winning begets more money. Winning coaches get paid more. The best players have the best chance to create a winning atmosphere. So even when you don’t consider NIL, the best players have gigantic value to the university to create that winning atmosphere. The marketplace of worth per individual player has been in place LONG before NIL and the universities were “ballin’ on a budget”.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

All,

The board is easier to read and navigate when a thread is on topic. That way, readers know what they're getting, and where to look for information or discussion. 

So, let's get this thread back to Bryson Tiller, and move the discussion about the state of financial changes in college basketball back to the NIL or TV deal thread.

Thanks

His second game of the season in the Overtime Elite league.

Josh Tec @_joshtec:  

2025 F Bryson Tiller had a productive game in a matchup that pitted him against Cameron Boozer. 13 points, 8 rebounds, 4 blocks. Tiller has a pretty offensive game, but doesn’t mind playing a grittier style either.