Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Uspshoosier

(2025)-PF Bryson Tiller

6'8" 190 lb PF attends Pace Academy in Atlanta.  No ratings yet assigned for the '25 class and I didn't see anything for him on  Hudl.  Thru the 9 games reported on MaxPreps he's averaging 11 ppg; 9 rpg; .4 apg; 1.1 stl; 1.7 blk; 2.1 TO  

Rivals

MaxPreps

@brysontiller_11

From Justin Young of Hoop Scene from the Hoop Hall Classic West held last month:  Tiller, the stud of our Elite Preview camp in the fall back in Georgia, could be one of the most impressive players when we get to their senior season of high school hoops. Tiller has all kinds of upside. The more we see him at the national level against national foes, it becomes easier and easier to see him in the truly special category for the class of 2025.

January 2020 commentary:  Bryson Tiller | 6’5” W |Crews MS I Aim High AAU Tiller at a young age possesses prototypical size for a wing and a fundamentally sound overall game. At around 6’5”, he does a great job scoring from the perimeter, uses his size well inside around the basket and has a soft touch on his...

Short clip from last spring as an 8th grader in AAU ball.  #23 in white uniform.

Another March '21 clip.  #23 in black uniform.

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

That Cleveland St offer is no Cleveland St offer. That’s a Dennis Gates offer for his next gig.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Pace defeats Lovett 67-47.  Tiller with 17 pts. and 11 reb.

Impressive kid. High, heigh ceiling. Long. Good athlete. Runs well. Good lateral movement and change of direction. Played the point of their press and was disruptive. Has a nice combination of present skill and easy projectability. Shot looks good. Made his free throws and a 19 footer. Solid handle, Can straight line drive it and finish. Most impressive things were a couple of defensive moments he had. Lovett has a ‘24 PG named Christian Anderson, who’s already committed to Michigan and is apparently Georgia’s leading scorer. Tiller switched on to him multiple times and completely held up. Good footwork for such a young player. Seems like an obvious offer. 

Side note: the Anderson kid committed to UM is TINY. Maybe 5’8” or 5’9”, 135-140lbs, and a really narrow frame. Super quick and has deep, deep range, but that kid is going to have to grow a lot to have any chance to defend. 

10 hours ago, Demo said:

ide note: the Anderson kid committed to UM is TINY. Maybe 5’8” or 5’9”, 135-140lbs, and a really narrow frame. Super quick and has deep, deep range, but that kid is going to have to grow a lot to have any chance to defend

They’ve got a similarly small commit in ‘22. Listed at 5’11” but the scouting from Endless Motor says that’s…generous https://247sports.com/Player/Dug-McDaniel-46079207/

19 minutes ago, lillurk said:

They’ve got a similarly small commit in ‘22. Listed at 5’11” but the scouting from Endless Motor says that’s…generous https://247sports.com/Player/Dug-McDaniel-46079207/

Never watched McDaniel, but read a really good  Point Gurd Eyes write up of him a few months ago. Sounds like Juwan wants to really ratchet up his pace of play.

More details on his weekend games and a couple of revisions from preliminary reports per MaxPreps.

Friday night:  17 pts. on 6-14 FG; 0-1 on 3s; 5-8 FT; 12 reb; 5 asst; 0 stl; 0 blk; 0 TO.

Saturday night:  14 pts. on 4-12 FG; 1-3 on 3s; 5-7 FT; 10 reb; 0 asst; 1 stl; 1 blk; 3 TO.

Thru 14 games he's averaging 12.8 ppg on 44% FG; 30% on 3s; 74% FT; 9.0 rpg; .9 asst; .9 stl; 1.4 blk; 1.6 TO

What a gawdawful game to watch.  Pace Academy (15-4) destroyed, obliterated, annihiliated McNair (2-15) 110-22.  It was 11-0 before McNair ever got the ball across half court.  1st Q it was 39-7; at the half 68-13; after 3Q 91-21.  There was no running clock but they played 6 minute quarters in the 2nd half.  Tiller played a total of 15 min. and scored 10 pts. on 5-6 FG; 2 reb; 0 asst; 1 stl; 2 blk; 0 TO but any stat line in a game like this is pretty meaningless.  Pace has hit the century mark in one previous game this season but most of their games they score 70 or less.

Pace Academy (17-4) over Galloway (11-7) 67-60.  Tiller started out like a house afire scoring 5 points and grabbing 2 reb. in the first 3.5 min., but at that point picked up his second foul and spent the rest of the 1st Q and the first 2 min. of the 2nd on the bench.  When he returned, he was overly passive trying to avoid a 3rd foul and never seemed to regain any rhythm.  He finished the night with 11 pts. on 4-8 FG; 0-1 on 3s; 3-8 FT; 5 reb; 0 asst; 0 stl; 1 blk; 3 TO.

Tiller and his Pace (18-4) teammates hardly broke a sweat defeating Washington (5-11) 65-30.  Tiller only played around 21 min. as the game was effectively over after the 1st Q.  I had him with 4p 2r; 2a; 3s; 2b; 1t.

As I posted in Jakai Newton's thread this game started off with Pace shooting 2 free throws and awarded the ball at mid-court to start the game.  Really weird that 2 random games I decided to watch started off the same way.

Jamie Shaw of On3.com

Prospects in the class of 2025 have three and a half years left of high school. However, when they possess elite upside, it is easy to take note. Atlanta (Ga.) Pace Academy forward Bryson Tiller has already piqued interest as one of the top freshmen in the country.

“My length impacts the game a lot,” Tiller told On3 Sports. “I can shoot from the outside, and I can handle the ball well. I have been working on my ball-handling, which is showing. My shot is also getting quicker, the release. I have heard I play like Kevin Durant. I watch a lot of him, along with Jayson Tatum and Giannis Antetokounmpo. I like how their length impacts the game, and I watch how they use that length to make plays on the defensive and offensive ends of the floor.”

It is hard for college coaches not to notice his talent as well. A few programs have gotten out ahead of the pack and issued early offers to the 6-foot-8 forward. Bryson Tiller talks exclusively with On3 Sports about his recruitment.

Tiller talks offers

“I have offers from Georgia Tech, Tulane, Auburn, Cleveland State, Xavier, and Indiana. I have not visited any of the schools yet.”

Georgia Tech: “I have talked on the phone with them a few times, and we have built a solid connection so far. I need to continue getting to know them better, take a couple of visits, and see how they are overall. They play very hard, and they are a really scrappy team.”

Indiana: “I have a friend who recently committed to Indiana, Jakai Newton. We are teammates on the circuit, and he is a really tough player, so I know what they are looking for to build their team.”

Xavier: “They recently offered me, and I am very appreciative of that, but I have not been able to look too deeply into them yet. I plan to soon, though.”

Auburn: “They offered me in the summer. I went to a camp there, where they offered me. I have a connection with head coach Bruce Pearl, and I think he wants a player who plays really hard, defends well, and is an overall dog on the floor.”

Tiller’s take

“The schools who have offered are the only schools that we are hearing from right now,” Tiller said. “I will be looking for a school that is going to push me to be a better person and a better player. A program who will allow me to do my thing, on the floor, but be structured in what they do.”

On3’s take

Bryson Tiller has long arms and an athletic frame. He runs the floor very well, switching ends at the drop of a hat. He has athletic bloodlines as his dad, Tony Tiller, played cornerback for the Kansas City Chiefs and Atlanta Falcons. The upside is evident here, and Tiller should continue to progress onto the national scene sooner rather than later.