Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Lineup Changes?

18 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

FWIW, Trey Galloway -- while likely never being a great shooter -- will be respectable when all is said and done.

I saw a significantly different shot form from him since he's been back from the injury. Went back and looked at OSU, MN, & IA box scores and he's shooting 43% from deep. If he can keep that up, that will exceed my expectations.

And I think he's making better shot selections from deep too. He'll always be a "get to the basket" kind of player, but if he can shoot 40%+ from deep it makes him a threat that defenses have to respect

33 minutes ago, DWB said:

I saw a significantly different shot form from him since he's been back from the injury. Went back and looked at OSU, MN, & IA box scores and he's shooting 43% from deep. If he can keep that up, that will exceed my expectations.

And I think he's making better shot selections from deep too. He'll always be a "get to the basket" kind of player, but if he can shoot 40%+ from deep it makes him a threat that defenses have to respect

I like to see him start over Kopp.

36 minutes ago, DWB said:

He’s shooting 40% from 3 in those three games, and he’s taken a whopping 5 shots.  

23 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

He’s shooting 40% from 3 in those three games, and he’s taken a whopping 5 shots.  

Oops...you're right. I had him down for 2 shots in the OSU game (he didn't take). But I'll take 40% any day, even if it's only 5 shots. Certainly better than Race's 3 pt %.

5 minutes ago, IU - Kaulie said:

I would still like to see what we would look like if went with a small lineup.  It depends on the team we are playing and matchups because you can’t do that against every opponent but I still would like to see what that looks like in a CMW system.

The Iowa game would have been a good opportunity for that. However, I think having Race or Trayce on the court at all times is a good strategy. Adjusting so you're not making the same boneheaded mistakes throughout the game is also an effective strategy.

This will be unpopular I’m sure but since that doesn’t bother me I would still like to see what something like this looks like (opponent/matchup dependent).

TJD 

Leal 

Trey

Miller/Parker

X/Rob

2 hours ago, IU - Kaulie said:

This will be unpopular I’m sure but since that doesn’t bother me I would still like to see what something like this looks like (opponent/matchup dependent).

TJD 

Leal 

Trey

Miller/Parker

X/Rob

Not unpopular with me at all...

6 hours ago, IU - Kaulie said:

TJD 

Leal 

Trey

Miller/Parker

X/Rob

Where is Race?

Why not this:

TJD

Race

Trey

Parker

Rob

Like I mentioned in another post, X will be down on the bench next to Lander and Lander get more minutes than him

50 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Where is Race?

Why not this:

TJD

Race

Trey

Parker

Rob

Like I mentioned in another post, X will be down on the bench next to Lander and Lander get more minutes than him

It’s tough because Race is one of our best players but he doesn’t fit a CMW offense. He is on the perimeter too much where he shouldn’t be shooting jumpers.

In a perfect world JG would be the 4 man because he has the skill set for this offense but he isn’t there yet.  He is too turnover prone and gets absolutely lost on defense which is holding him back from playing more and rightfully so in my opinion.

With this lineup the ball and player movement would be high along with having another shooter on the floor.  On defense, Leal proved last year he isn’t afraid to battle a little bit inside.  Again, it depends on the opponent and matchups.  

This is just for fun.  I know we will never see it but it’s the lineup I would like to see.

9 hours ago, IU - Kaulie said:

TJD 

Leal 

Trey

Miller/Parker

X/Rob

Put it in the simulator and find out

13 hours ago, IU - Kaulie said:

It’s tough because Race is one of our best players but he doesn’t fit a CMW offense. He is on the perimeter too much where he shouldn’t be shooting jumpers.

In a perfect world JG would be the 4 man because he has the skill set for this offense but he isn’t there yet.  He is too turnover prone and gets absolutely lost on defense which is holding him back from playing more and rightfully so in my opinion.

With this lineup the ball and player movement would be high along with having another shooter on the floor.  On defense, Leal proved last year he isn’t afraid to battle a little bit inside.  Again, it depends on the opponent and matchups.  

This is just for fun.  I know we will never see it but it’s the lineup I would like to see.

I agree, CMW offense isn’t structured to fit his current lineup and your lineup with the current players makes sense but I would be concerned with rebounding.  Kopp is not a good rebounder at all and the other players are guards. You are correct, Geronimo will be the one guy on this roster that’s the best player to play the 4. Because we have holdovers from the previous coaching staff, the roster construction was limited.  I believe help is on the way.

Brumdog45 has been simulating each game, imputing current player rotations. It has been spot on with choosing winners except for it had the OSU game as a push as he runs it 10 times

his simulator is 5-0-1, hasn’t missed - so very close to being dead on with us being 3-3 under current rotations.

while we are not allowed to question the staffs rotations, those that have are projecting MUCH better results. While the computer simulation is not real life results, it is correct a lot, and it says “change the lineup Woody!!!”

It says we have the horses, just need the jockey to make the right moves, we’re talking significant improvement, changes proposed are projecting us winning 80% of our bigten games.

26 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Brumdog45 has been simulating each game, imputing current player rotations. It has been spot on with choosing winners except for it had the OSU game as a push as he runs it 10 times

his simulator is 5-0-1, hasn’t missed - so very close to being dead on with us being 3-3 under current rotations.

while we are not allowed to question the staffs rotations, those that have are projecting MUCH better results. While the computer simulation is not real life results, it is correct a lot, and it says “change the lineup Woody!!!”

It says we have the horses, just need the jockey to make the right moves, we’re talking significant improvement, changes proposed are projecting us winning 80% of our bigten games.

So what are the rotations?

9 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

So what are the rotations?

This simulation has us at 8-2 record in bigten games simulated:

9 man rotation.

(4-5)  TJD 34, Race 34, Geronimo 12 - Geronimo always playing the 4, Race slides to the 5 for 3 minutes each half while TJD sits.

(2-3)  Stewart 25, Kopp 25, Bates 15, Leal 15 

(1)  Galloway 30, Johnson 10

46 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

This simulation has us at 8-2 record in bigten games simulated:

9 man rotation.

(4-5)  TJD 34, Race 34, Geronimo 12 - Geronimo always playing the 4, Race slides to the 5 for 3 minutes each half while TJD sits.

(2-3)  Stewart 25, Kopp 25, Bates 15, Leal 15 

(1)  Galloway 30, Johnson 10

I actually like it!  What would our record be if you swapped Phinesee for X? 

I’m actually surprised CMW and staff hasn’t went to that rotation!  To me, it makes sense.  I also noticed no Durr, he’ll have to play some time because he’s a 7 footer, although he doesn’t play like one

29 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I actually like it!  What would our record be if you swapped Phinesee for X? 

I’m actually surprised CMW and staff hasn’t went to that rotation!  To me, it makes sense.  I also noticed no Durr, he’ll have to play some time because he’s a 7 footer, although he doesn’t play like one

Removing Phinisee and Durr is the foundation to improvement as is Galloway running point

On 1/15/2022 at 12:33 PM, IU - Kaulie said:

TJD 

Leal 

Trey

Miller/Parker

X/Rob

Just for conversation sake, how does this lineup differ from your favorite 2021-22 'all-the-hotties-on-the-floor-at-the-same-time' lineup? And if your 'all hottie' lineup turns out to be a little different from this offering, could we please put your 'all hottie' lineup in the simulator too, just to be sure we dot all the i's and cross all the t's? This is pretty important business.

21 minutes ago, chicagoHOOSIER said:

Just for conversation sake, how does this lineup differ from your favorite 2021-22 'all-the-hotties-on-the-floor-at-the-same-time' lineup? And if your 'all hottie' lineup turns out to be a little different from this offering, could we please put your 'all hottie' lineup in the simulator too, just to be sure we dot all the i's and cross all the t's? This is pretty important business.

I told her to have Brum add it in. Why not? I was told I was crazy for not having X, Phin or Lander in the lineup because there was no “PG” but the algorithm loves them NOT being in the lineup.

We will never know in reality if it is that monumentally better like it appears which is a shame

16 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

I told her to have Brum add it in. Why not? I was told I was crazy for not having X, Phin or Lander in the lineup because there was no “PG” but the algorithm loves them NOT being in the lineup.

We will never know in reality sure which is a shame

Hahaha it makes for some very interesting outside-of-the-box considerations, and without shaking things up completely it would be difficult to discover revolutionary concepts that might actually work. The food for thought is much appreciated. I did want to riff on Kaulie a little in the hope of a good natured laugh because the opportunity seemed there for the taking hehe. Thx for asking Brum to run it. Can't wait to see what we learn from this. Maybe we are on to something really big this time.