Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Lineup Changes?

5 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Why do people insist on misclassing our younger players?

Lander and Leal are both sophomores, not freshmen. They both were not only on the team last season but they also played in games, albeit sparingly.

Why is it these two who over and over posters refer to as freshmen but not Galloway and Geronimo who are in the same class? Lander makes a little more sense than Leal since he reclassified but this is still his second season in college. I think people refer to them as freshmen to kind of excuse some of the mistakes they make because they'd like to see them get more PT while Galloway and Geronimo already get PT when healthy. Maybe they should get more PT or maybe not but people should at least not misclass them to try to make their weaknesses seem like they're just due to being new to playing in college because they're not.

Because with the free year last year  every name you mentioned is a freshman eligibility wise.  All freshman last year despite playing in games still has 4 years of eligibility remaining 

6 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Lander and Leal are both sophomores, not freshmen. They both were not only on the team last season but they also played in games, albeit sparingly.

Why is it these two who over and over posters refer to as freshmen but not Galloway and Geronimo who are in the same class? Lander makes a little more sense than Leal since he reclassified but this is still his second season in college. I think people refer to them as freshmen to kind of excuse some of the mistakes they make because they'd like to see them get more PT while Galloway and Geronimo already get PT when healthy. Maybe they should get more PT or maybe not but people should at least not misclass them to try to make their weaknesses seem like they're just due to being new to playing in college because they're not.

They are technically freshmen. Last year didn't count for anyone from an eligibility standpoint.

5 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Semantics I believe. IU calls them freshmen because they have four years left due to the pandemic season. Their experience level is that of sophomores.

I'm aware that as far as eligibility they're freshmen. My point is that I've seen only Lander and Leal being referred to as such but not Galloway and Geronimo and it seems to be used as an excuse. They have played a year of college ball and played in games last year, not just redshirted. 

Thompson reclassified and reshirted but I don't remember people using that as an excuse his first couple of years like we see with Lander.

It's typically people calling for one or both of the players to receive more PT that call them freshmen to excuse their "freshmen mistakes" even though they're now sophomores making those same mistakes. 

17 hours ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Bob Knight has done much worse to prove his points, why can’t CMW?

The Uwe and the four freshman tactic didn't work.....it's more myth that it did.  IU went 4-7 the rest of the regular season after that game and missed the tournament.

6 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

The Uwe and the four freshman tactic didn't work.....it's more myth that it did.  IU went 4-7 the rest of the regular season after that game and missed the tournament.

I don't think that I am the only one, but to some of us, it wasn't that it worked as much as it was that we had a staff with the balls to do it. We had swag, even eff you swag. CBK's "self confidence" (hahaha) allowed fans to have swag living in his shadow.

That tactic may not have worked for short term success, but it sent one heck of a message and was part of Hoosier Nation swag (however misguided or not).   

6 hours ago, Joe_hoopsier said:

I don't think that I am the only one, but to some of us, it wasn't that it worked as much as it was that we had a staff with the balls to do it. We had swag, even eff you swag. CBK's "self confidence" (hahaha) allowed fans to have swag living in his shadow.

That tactic may not have worked for short term success, but it sent one heck of a message and was part of Hoosier Nation swag (however misguided or not).   

And what was that message?

18 hours ago, Joe_hoopsier said:

That’s exactly it!  Players need to earn their PT, this sense of entitlement needs to stop with the Coach! 

23 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Who knows if it worked? Most of those freshman and Sophomore were instrumental in the 1987 title run. Impact doesn't have to stop at season's end.

On 1/6/2022 at 11:23 AM, go iu bb said:

The real question is why does it bother you so much lol its just words

15 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

That's a reaeaaalllll stretch.

Absolutely not! You think Steve Alford, Darrell Thomas et el, became a championship team in a vacuum in 1986-87? Sure adding Smart and Garrett after '86 helped, but you don't get to say a lesson in 1985 can't pay dividends in 1987.

WE DON'T KNOW!

I have a question, when was the last time a coach at IU actually done something like this?  Maybe there is a reason why these players have this sense of entitlement and why we haven’t won consistently since 2002.  Maybe the players are running the program instead of the coaches!!!  Hmmmmm

Just saying!!!

30 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I'm almost there. I just don't think Parker and Miller have been playing at a starter like level. I want to see more Geronimo-maybe not as a starter but more minutes. If Galloway keeps playing like he did Thursday put him in. 

With you on Geronimo playing more, he’s earning it, and TG’s return gives us options. 

We need shooters in the starting group and playing major min, but so far we’re still shooting on numbers at the bottom of the conference— Kopp needs to be shooting 3’s.