Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

I gave much more context earlier but I would say my fandom is at maybe 50% of where it was but could easily return back to fanatic level. 
as someone just posted, to me, I want the players and coaches to care more than me. It’s been maybe 6 years since I’ve believed that to be the case. This season has the potential to change that. I want to see effort and fight every game. These last 2 games have been mostly that. 

9 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

You guys wanna see apathy?

Maryland has their arena what looks like about 25% full, for a conference home game against a ranked team.

And Maryland is a basketball school that regularly makes the tourney 

Don’t understand the financial piece, but, product-wise, the B1G move has been a straight failure. Even after all these years, it just looks and feels wrong. 

26 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

You guys wanna see apathy?

Maryland has their arena what looks like about 25% full, for a conference home game against a ranked team.

And Maryland is a basketball school that regularly makes the tourney 

I have seen a lot of empty seats all around college basketball.

My take is that you now have two guys who know what the IU culture has to be -- Woody and Fife.  They both lived it.  And the both got a little red a$$ in them.  They are moving in the right direction.  

It's clear that Woodson was born for this job.  He's living his dream.  The NBA gigs where his career.  IU is his blood, sweat and tears.  

This team has warts, no question.  But they have them moving in the right direction.  I don't have the stats, but certainly our free throw pct. has to be way up the last few games.  3 pt. pct. should up as well.  Defense is solid and we are now seeing more offensive movement.  Success is contagious.  Galloway provides the spark.  Phin goes off today like he should.  Trace is Trace.  The game becomes fun again.  Wining is fun.  

Some of you are just negative nancys.  I'll admit, after the Wisconin let down and Penn State I was on the ledge.  But beating the phukeyes makes up for a lot.  I'm trying to figure out how to pull off the ultimate IU road trip.  Thursday Jan 20 vs. Purdon't and staying to watch Michigan get kicked on Sunday.  Just win baby.  

I remember starting to watch IU basketball when I was 11. When I was 12 in ‘87 they won it all. I’ll never forget my mom jumping up and down on our coffee table. I rarely missed a game until I went to college. Because of some bad advice from my high school guidance counselor I couldn’t get into IU despite being recruited heavily by Coach Morgan to play baseball. After that, my fandom kinda wavered. I still rooted for IU, but playing in Illinois and Georgia in the mid 90’s I didn’t get to watch them much. After watching Zeller play in high school my interest in IU basketball started to grow again. For several years I was hooked. Now after the last 5 or so years I catch the games when I can, but I don’t lose any sleep if I miss one. I still keep up with everything IU basketball on here and on my score app, but I’m just not as passionate as I once was.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I still have a passion for IU.  I still have my nights planned around game times.  What has changed in my mindset is the expectation.  You can thank Archie Miller for that.  I had high expectations having Romeo Langford coming in, a defensive minded coach that had made a good presence in the NCAA, and we ended up with nothing in 4 years.  Needless to say that the air was let out of my balloon.

This hurts worse because I grew up in the 70's and 80's just outside of Fort Wayne, went to a small 3A high school, and was taught that second place sucks.  When better talented teams would come around, they new they were in for a fight regardless of who was on our squads.

I want that same fear for teams when they roll up against Indiana.  I think it will come back but it may take a couple of consistent years.  First and foremost we need to get the toughness back in Indiana.

14 minutes ago, HoosierCoop said:

I still have a passion for IU.  I still have my nights planned around game times.  What has changed in my mindset is the expectation.  You can thank Archie Miller for that.  I had high expectations having Romeo Langford coming in, a defensive minded coach that had made a good presence in the NCAA, and we ended up with nothing in 4 years.  Needless to say that the air was let out of my balloon.

This hurts worse because I grew up in the 70's and 80's just outside of Fort Wayne, went to a small 3A high school, and was taught that second place sucks.  When better talented teams would come around, they new they were in for a fight regardless of who was on our squads.

I want that same fear for teams when they roll up against Indiana.  I think it will come back but it may take a couple of consistent years.  First and foremost we need to get the toughness back in Indiana.

I agree.  We spend one hell of a lot of time running up and down 67/37 especially when FB and BB overlap.  The Sampson era enraged me, the clappy era wore me down and the Miller era was just a rumor. 

MW has us hopeful again and in my view we are a year ahead of schedule as no one really thought that Scott would pull the trigger when he did.  This year is that play in FB where the defense jumps and you get a free play.  Recruiting is a full year ahead of schedule.

Let's see what happens this season.

37 minutes ago, CS2 said:

I agree.  We spend one hell of a lot of time running up and down 67/37 especially when FB and BB overlap.  The Sampson era enraged me, the clappy era wore me down and the Miller era was just a rumor. 

MW has us hopeful again and in my view we are a year ahead of schedule as no one really thought that Scott would pull the trigger when he did.  This year is that play in FB where the defense jumps and you get a free play.  Recruiting is a full year ahead of schedule.

Let's see what happens this season.

And highway construction/completion will help a lot.

8 hours ago, Golfman25 said:

My take is that you now have two guys who know what the IU culture has to be -- Woody and Fife.  They both lived it.  And the both got a little red a$$ in them.  They are moving in the right direction.  

It's clear that Woodson was born for this job.  He's living his dream.  The NBA gigs where his career.  IU is his blood, sweat and tears.  

This team has warts, no question.  But they have them moving in the right direction.  I don't have the stats, but certainly our free throw pct. has to be way up the last few games.  3 pt. pct. should up as well.  Defense is solid and we are now seeing more offensive movement.  Success is contagious.  Galloway provides the spark.  Phin goes off today like he should.  Trace is Trace.  The game becomes fun again.  Wining is fun.  

Some of you are just negative nancys.  I'll admit, after the Wisconin let down and Penn State I was on the ledge.  But beating the phukeyes makes up for a lot.  I'm trying to figure out how to pull off the ultimate IU road trip.  Thursday Jan 20 vs. Purdon't and staying to watch Michigan get kicked on Sunday.  Just win baby.  

Completely agree on changing the culture of this program. It's long overdue and will take time to get something in place. I'm hopeful the staff can get it done and hoping Woody is still around after the change.

FT% - (10-15) 66.7% vs. Minny, (15-18) 83.3% vs. O$U, (8-12) 66.7% @PSU

3PT% - (9-24) 37.5% vs. Minny, (2-15) 13.3% vs. O$U, (4-17) 23.5% @PSU

Def eFG% - 42.5% vs. Minny, 38.5% vs. O$U, 58.2% @PSU

FT% is up a little over season average ~73% vs. 68.5%

3PT% is down a little over season average ~27% vs. 35%

Def eFG% isn't as good as season average 35.3%

The numbers aren't as good as we've began to play teams with a pulse. I would expect our Def eFG% to continue to climb as we play better competition in the Big 1.o. We need to get our shooters open looks to spread the floor and get that 3PT% up in conference play so Trayce and Race has room to operate down low.

14 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

I need visuals! Maybe meme style?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Best I can do off the top of my head is maybe a song by a pretty great 90's band that sums it up pretty well. Maybe a meme can be found in the official video?

Poor weather fans probably love Stephen Bardo, so maybe some meme quality representation exists in the Stephen Bardo BTN cheering of the Trey Galloway destruction that put Galloway on the shelf for months.

Until then, just for good natured fun and not promoting hate of any kind, here's Garbage with Only Happy When it Rains to rain some awesome misery on your Monday before this Monday is gone forever.