Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Yep. Wife found cheap tickets for both the OSU and Minny games. I had no interest in making the 2.5 hour trip. Maybe if we become really good again but then tickets won’t be so cheap.

Curious to see what it takes to get some back to making it must watch again.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Curious to see what it takes to get some back to making it must watch again.

I’d say consistent effort. I just got tired of rearranging my calendar just to watch the team go thru the motions. I can take losing. 

It certainly didn’t help that I have had a kid these last few years making it even harder to rearrange my schedule.  

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I’d say consistent effort. I just got tired of rearranging my calendar just to watch the team go thru the motions. I can take losing. 

It certainly didn’t help that I have had a kid these last few years making it even harder to rearrange my schedule.  

45 yrs of watching IU games. 2 daughters who I gave firecrackers to play with during my game time. They ended up with 19 1/2 fingers. All of us doing well and have learned to no eff with each others requested schedules. (the one with 9 1/2 fingers went to purdue for 1 semester). Just sayin.

Edited by Joe_hoopsier

Just now, Joe_hoopsier said:

40 yrs of watching IU games. 2 daughters who I gave firecrackers to play with during my game time. They ended up with 19 1/2 fingers. All of us doing well and have learned to no eff with each others requested schedules. (the one with 9 1/2 fingers went to purdue for 1 semester). Just sayin.

A) Hyperbole (I hope) doesn’t make a good argument. 
B) Judging by your 40 years comment you were doing that in a much more successful era

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

A) Hyperbole (I hope) doesn’t make a good argument. 
B) Judging by your 40 years comment you were doing that in a much more successful era

A) They didn't actually have firecrackers, you caught me there.

B) Success as being a fan is Binary, you either are or you are not. There are no other levels. So yes, Success for my life time.

3 minutes ago, Joe_hoopsier said:

A) They didn't actually have firecrackers, you caught me there.

B) Success as being a fan is Binary, you either are or you are not. There are no other levels. So yes, Success for my life time.

There are most assuredly levels of fandom. I didn’t miss a game from 2004-2010. There are more important things in life than basketball. And the list of things that are more important than bad basketball is even longer 

I have been a fan as long as I can remember in life. I can't fathom giving up watching but it isn't as fun as it once was. However I have enjoyed the last two games. Looking forward to enjoying more lol. Sadly I also have found avoiding game threads on here improves mood a bit even in a loss lol.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, Joe_hoopsier said:

Caveat - Unless we hire Sampson(esqes) again. I totally checked out the first time, and hope to never go Pimp mode ever again.  

Agree there, that was my least favorite IU team to watch.

13 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

I have been a fan as long as I can remember in life. I can't fathom giving up watching but it isn't as fun as it once was. However I have enjoyed the last two games. Looking forward to enjoying more lol. Sadly I also have found avoiding game threads on here improves mood a bit even in a loss lol.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

To me college basketball as a whole is not as fun to watch and it is not because IU is not winning.  Yes, I got to see 3 championships and numerous conference titles but I stayed during the lesser years as well.  For the years my kids were at home I had to miss some games because of their activities which is part of being a parent.  I never didn't watch because of how IU is playing.

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

I’m not sure they’ve even gone back to watch the wins.

Too bad.

We’re 12-3, 3-2, and a very, very good defensive team.

With a bunch of kids that love IU , have embraced the history of the program, and have two program greats coaching them.

Anyone that can’t get behind that maybe hasn’t been inspired since the 92/93 season.

I don't get the handwringing over the substitutions? He phases in the subs, they're not all at once, though they are all on the court together for a short period of time. But it only happens in the first half, not the 2nd half.

He's seeing who has it and who doesn't for a few minutes. Durr rarely plays in the 2nd half, and recently Bates doesn't either, with Geronimo just getting a few minutes. It's mainly Phinisee and now Galloway. 

Too bad.
We’re 12-3, 3-2, and a very, very good defensive team.
With a bunch of kids that love IU , have embraced the history of the program, and have two program greats coaching them.
Anyone that can’t get behind that maybe hasn’t been inspired since the 92/93 season.

I don’t judge them, found it shocking they don’t really watch much anymore. They stuck around for a long time through thick and thin. I guess they lost their inspiration(?)

I don’t judge them, found it shocking they don’t really watch much anymore. They stuck around for a long time through thick and thin. I guess they lost their inspiration(?)

My brother is kinda like this now too. Used to follow recruiting like me, never miss a game. We’d call each other after every game. He watches if he’s home now, but he doesn’t plan for them anymore or follow recruiting. Lots of my patients still talk IUBB nonstop but they’ve just adjusted their expectations.

It’s amazing we’ve held on to much of the fanbase through all the slides. When we have a great season, it’ll be almost like the glory days. The current students are semi excited about Woodson and the program.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I think Crean kept a lot of people watching because he talked a good game and made us feel like better days were ahead. Before he wore out his welcome with us, he was pretty easy to root for, whereas Archie Miller was kind of a ghost. 

12 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

All BS aside, I get it. It's been a long hard road that we may not totally be done with yet. I hope the team can get them interested again.