Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

1 hour ago, Josh said:

You have a 2 hour bedtime routine?  And a wife who won't swap nights for you?

30 minutes bathtime

30 minutes of unstructured non electronic playtime 

15 minutes of reading time. 

Plus another 15 mixed in for changing into PJs, brushing teeth and final potty attempt.  

Then sitting with her for a few minutes and one last monster check  

I checked my phone when I closed her door and I think there were 2 minutes left in the game.  Nighttime isn’t just putting the kid in bed and closing the door   

And no my wife wasn’t able to switch me and honestly I wouldn’t have even if she hadn’t had something to do   She had done it the night before and deserved her time  

24 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

30 minutes bathtime

Plus another 15 mixed in for changing into PJs, brushing teeth and final potty attempt.  

I checked my phone when I closed her door and I think there were 2 minutes left in the game.  Nighttime isn’t just putting the kid in bed and closing the door   

And no my wife wasn’t able to switch me and honestly I wouldn’t have even if she hadn’t had something to do   She had done it the night before and deserved her time  

Man that's quite structured.  

I trade with my wife all the time.  Sometimes I do two days in a row and then she does.  Or I take her day in trade for...something lol.

My point is you make time for things you want to do/watch.

27 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

30 minutes bathtime

This routine makes me question my plan with my daughters on game night. It was, here are some firecrackers and a lighter. Go outside and I'll see you in 2 hours.

56 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

30 minutes bathtime

DVR?  If I can't make a game real time, I find I can watch it in about 50 minutes.

12 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

DVR?  If I can't make a game real time, I find I can watch it in about 50 minutes.

I’ve tried that in the past I can’t resist checking scores. I used to have sling but I hated it because there was always a few minutes delay.   

On 1/7/2022 at 11:53 PM, HoosierHoopster said:

Went back and watched it again, among other things

- Rob and X were on the floor together when they stretched the lead out big to end the game, they again played very well together, and Rob again was excellent on D, forcing TO's, tying it up/held balls, he is clearly playing well.

- Geronimo should be getting some love, he also played some really good D and is showing better ball movement, had several good plays.

- Parker was missing (we know he can shoot) but was scrappy as hell. He picked up some fouls, but helped the D and also moved the ball well.

- Galloway... what's not to like

Whoops wrong thread.

Edited by HoosierX

4 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Wow, spoke with a relative yesterday who was in town for a late holiday visit. They didn’t catch the O$U game, missed the PSU game, and won’t be watching the Minny game today. They’ve gone to the record the game and decide if they should watch it later tactic.

This person is an IU alum that attended just about every game while on campus. The reason? “I’m not going to waste my time when they play like that.”

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Fair weather fan if you ask me

Fair weather fan if you ask me

Everyone can have an opinion.

They attended games during some lean years, watched through the good and bad, drove hours and hours to attend games before the pandemic. The last person I’d think would stop watching. I guess everyone has a breaking point.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

They attended games during some lean years, watched through the good and bad, drove hours and hours to attend games before the pandemic. The last person I’d think would stop watching. I guess everyone has a breaking point.

Not me, I will watch win or lose

Wow, spoke with a relative yesterday who was in town for a late holiday visit. They didn’t catch the O$U game, missed the PSU game, and won’t be watching the Minny game today. They’ve gone to the record the game and decide if they should watch it later tactic.

This person is an IU alum that attended just about every game while on campus. The reason? “I’m not going to waste my time when they play like that.”

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
So only watch when they win? That is the definition of a Bandwagon fan. I want to be elite again, but I will still watch every game. My Dad liked Illinois(wasn't a huge fan like I am of IU). He told me when I became a Hoosier fan to support them through thick and thin. I supported them through the glory years of Bob Knight and I will now.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I record most games and watch them later as well, not because of apathy but because I have 3 kids between elementary and middle school so our calendar is packed. 
But what I can't imagine doing is recording the game and then only watching it if we win. I avoid the score and then watch it later that day. Can't imagine spending 2 hours to watch a game that I already know the outcome of. 
I do the same

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Not me, I will watch win or lose

Caveat - Unless we hire Sampson(esqes) again. I totally checked out the first time, and hope to never go Pimp mode ever again.  

So only watch when they win? That is the definition of a Bandwagon fan. I want to be elite again, but I will still watch every game. My Dad liked Illinois(wasn't a huge fan like I am of IU). He told me when I became a Hoosier fan to support them through thick and thin. I supported them through the glory years of Bob Knight and I will now.

I’m not sure they’ve even gone back to watch the wins.

19 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Yep. Wife found cheap tickets for both the OSU and Minny games. I had no interest in making the 2.5 hour trip. Maybe if we become really good again but then tickets won’t be so cheap.