Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

It just blows my mind how we can have a top 10 women's team but our men's team is constantly spinning its wheels. The women have played three top 10 teams this season; they've beaten one and lost to the other two by single digits (one of which was the defending national champion with the same starting five as last season). That's the kind of stuff our men's program should be doing, but isn't, even though it has countless advantages when it comes to history and fan support. 

I haven't watched any IU basketball since the Marshall game.  The apathy set in when we hired Mike Woodson after convincing myself we were going to land Stevens.  

Shame on me for thinking we were going to finally try and be a big boy in college basketball.

For all the Quad 1 vs. Quad 2 talk - who tf cares?  Why bother unless you're on the selection committee, and at this rate you can go ahead and plan that spring vacation that overlaps with March Madness since you won't have to worry about missing IU being in the field of 68.

19-13 after the BTT.

4 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

I haven't watched any IU basketball since the Marshall game.  The apathy set in when we hired Mike Woodson after convincing myself we were going to land Stevens.  

Shame on me for thinking we were going to finally try and be a big boy in college basketball.

For all the Quad 1 vs. Quad 2 talk - who tf cares?  Why bother unless you're on the selection committee, and at this rate you can go ahead and plan that spring vacation that overlaps with March Madness since you won't have to worry about missing IU being in the field of 68.

19-13 after the BTT.

I care to talk about the Q1 and Q2 talk and will continue to do so throughout the year. 

13 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

19-13 after the BTT.

This board doesn’t just vent after losses, we also discuss solutions and basketball analytics.

Venting when we’re not playing well? Sure. Disparaging other threads that discuss what it would take to get into the tourney (which is exactly what NET is)? Not cool IMO.

Also, I find it just a little ironic that so many are taking the time to post in a thread titled “apathy.”

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

This board doesn’t just vent after losses, we also discuss solutions and basketball analytics.

Venting when we’re not playing well? Sure. Disparaging other threads that discuss what it would take to get into the tourney (which is exactly what NET is)? Not cool IMO.

Also, I find it just a little ironic that so many are taking the time to post in a thread titled “apathy.”

Well, if it isn't the grand marshal of the "Mike Woodson is a grand slam hire" parade.  Really nailed that one.

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

We all still care, to an extent. Just not as much as we used to, and that's what sucks. I used to never miss IU games, and would throw a hissy fit if I had to miss one for any reason (especially for something lame like a wedding or a family get-together). It's just not a priority anymore. I really, really want it to be. Indiana can be a cold, dark and lonely place in the winter months, and when IU is losing, it can get downright depressing. Factor in the Corona Bros cancelling games at a moment's notice, and it's just not a fun place to be. I like to think a thread like this can put into words what others have been thinking for awhile. Don't really want to see it turn into a "I'm a better fan than you" back and forth. 

Just now, TheWatShot said:

We all still care, to an extent. Just not as much as we used to, and that's what sucks. I used to never miss IU games, and would throw a hissy fit if I had to miss one for any reason (especially for something lame like a wedding or a family get-together). It's just not a priority anymore. I really, really want it to be. Indiana can be a cold, dark and lonely place in the winter months, and when IU is losing, it can get downright depressing. Factor in the Corona Bros cancelling games at a moment's notice, and it's just not a fun place to be. I like to think a thread like this can put into words what others have been thinking for awhile. Don't really want to see it turn into a "I'm a better fan than you" back and forth. 

Completely fair!

You know it’s really sad. I don’t believe we’ll ever sniff what we did with Knight at this point. We’re passed the point of no return and probably were some years ago. programs are becoming what we used to be. I guess that’s just life, can’t be dominant forever. I used to be a such a diehard fan, would constantly rewatch games and keep up with stats. I miss games regularly now, and rarely have the motivation to even watch highlights when we win. I can honestly say I’m a happier person doing this though. It’s a bitter pill to swallow but now that I did I think it’s for the best. Not that anyone cares about my opinion but I don’t think I’m alone. Oh well

Woody just hasn’t been a good in-game coach this season. I agree with everything that Ryan says here except that there’s “no question” that Woody has us moving in the right direction. The on-court product looks almost exactly like it did last year. Our players still don’t play with consistent effort. Recruiting hasn’t been great so far. It’s been better than Archie’s recent years, but it still needs to improve. We’re likely going to have a massive TJD-size hole in our lineup next year and we don’t have anyone to fill it at this point.

I judge my apathy on how mad I get when we lose games. I expected todays loss. The only thing I’m mad about is that our program is where it’s at. But even that doesn’t make me nearly as angry as it did 2-3 years ago.

I was not sold on Woodson . I was hopeful he could recruit like crazy and be a above average coach. We will see. But I was surprised he called out a couple players by name in his press conference after the game . Is anybody else surprised by him naming Davis and Johnson in post game?

Woody just hasn’t been a good in-game coach this season. I agree with everything that Ryan says here except that there’s “no question” that Woody has us moving in the right direction. The on-court product looks almost exactly like it did last year. Our players still don’t play with consistent effort. Recruiting hasn’t been great so far. It’s been better than Archie’s recent years, but it still needs to improve. We’re likely going to have a massive TJD-size hole in our lineup next year and we don’t have anyone to fill it at this point.
I judge my apathy on how mad I get when we lose games. I expected todays loss. The only thing I’m mad about is that our program is where it’s at. But even that doesn’t make me nearly as angry as it did 2-3 years ago.
You can tell he has been in the NBA the way he uses his rotations. He really needs a go to player that can come off the bench and score which is something that this team just doesn't have. Bates has that potential but at this point he is not ready for that. You can move Stewart or Kopp to the bench but neither have shown that they can go out and get their own shot. X can get to the rim but is only focused on trying to draw a foul then just going up strong. Get this team a Lou Williams type player who can come off the bench and I think that would make this team and rotations work

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

At this point, I don't think it does.  Too many botched hires and for too long an administration that didn't want basketball to be as big of a focus.

They absolutely had to get this one right, and instead hired a subpar NBA coach that wouldn't (or atleast shouldn't) have been considered if he didn't play here.

Woodson hasn’t been a head coach since 2013, damn near 10 years ago. He also has never coached this poor of skilled players before. Highly agree he would’ve never been hired if he didn’t play here. 

Maybe he turns it around,  but our next man up is Dane Fife! This offense is very bad and once we lose TJD next year this team is going to be… ugh. 

Good grief. Disappointing to lose to PSU for sure, they’re not very good, and i thought the Wisconsin game would have us ready for this one, but hello? It’s a B1G road game, early in the season, after the Christmas holiday, and following a missed game due to Covid and we have questions now about Woodson?? Seriously? Yeah, it’s way, way early for that. Let’s see how the team responds. For that matter let’s see how Woodson does past year 1. Good grief 

8 minutes ago, Josh said:

Man you turds who insisted on giving Archie Miller 4 years that are now bailing after 13 games with a new coach are reckless.

Another year of Archie could’ve led us to a better coach this April. 

We’ll never know! 

43 minutes ago, Crazy about IU said:

I was not sold on Woodson . I was hopeful he could recruit like crazy and be a above average coach. We will see. But I was surprised he called out a couple players by name in his press conference after the game . Is anybody else surprised by him naming Davis and Johnson in post game?

The good thing about Woodson is that he speaks his mind, something no coach has recently here has done.

We’ll see how the players and recruits like that in the future!