Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

It's already starting to set in for me. We have a very lame resumé and we've lost our most significant games. Maybe we still make the NCAA's but I doubt it. Seems like no matter how many times we change coaches, the results just don't improve. This program is broken and I'm not sure how it ever gets fixed. 

When was the last time we had more than one GREAT player at a time? When was the last time we had a GREAT player surrounded by an above average supporting cast?

There are things about the environment around the program and town that could be changed to be more conducive to getting top end talent. We’re stuck in the 80s while the game has passed us by.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

At this point, I don't think it does.  Too many botched hires and for too long an administration that didn't want basketball to be as big of a focus.

They absolutely had to get this one right, and instead hired a subpar NBA coach that wouldn't (or atleast shouldn't) have been considered if he didn't play here.

It has for me too. I read a book during the second half with the game on in the background. Almost every game is a grind. Our players never play with consistent effort. Our style is not aesthetically pleasing in the slightest. It’s way too similar to Archie ball. You can look at our record and say ‘but we’re 10-3,’ but the record is fool’s gold. The only decent team we’ve beat is St. John’s. The warning signs have been there since we blew a giant lead our first game against a crappy EMU team. 

I made it a point to stop investing time and energy into Indiana basketball after Archie’s 3rd season. I got sucked back in when we all got our hopes up about Brad Stevens being a “done deal.” When we hired Woodson, I wasn’t ready to go back into seclusion but I can see all the warning signs of the past 2 coaching eras. I just don’t think we are going to be much better than middle to bottom of the B1G with who we have now. I’m pretty confident in saying that.

5 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

I made it a point to stop investing time and energy into Indiana basketball after Archie’s 3rd season. I got sucked back in when we all got our hopes up about Brad Stevens being a “done deal.” When we hired Woodson, I wasn’t ready to go back into seclusion but I can see all the warning signs of the past 2 coaching eras. I just don’t think we are going to be much better than middle to bottom of the B1G with who we have now. I’m pretty confident in saying that.

Admin wants excitement to keep fans engaged but aren't willing to do what it takes to really change the culture. Keep the money rolling but don't really do much!

33 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

It has for me too. I read a book during the second half with the game on in the background. Almost every game is a grind. Our players never play with consistent effort. Our style is not aesthetically pleasing in the slightest. It’s way too similar to Archie ball. You can look at our record and say ‘but we’re 10-3,’ but the record is fool’s gold. The only decent team we’ve beat is St. John’s. The warning signs have been there since we blew a giant lead our first game against a crappy EMU team. 

St Johns is a decent win but not Notre Dame?   At least Notre Dame beat Kentucky.   St. John’s best win is Monmouth at home 

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

St Johns is a decent win but not Notre Dame?   At least Notre Dame beat Kentucky.   St. John’s best win is Monmouth at home 

I don’t do much looking at the quad rankings but if we’re having to hope for ND wins to make the win a Q2 win, they can’t be that good, no?

Just now, kreigh8 said:

I don’t do much looking at the quad rankings but if we’re having to hope for ND wins to make the win a Q2 win, they can’t be that good, no?

Don’t need to hope for it to be Q2.  If it makes Q2 great but if not then IU just needs to win the Q1 and Q2 games in conference.   They will have plenty of opportunities even with this loss to make up enough wins to make the tourney.  They  will just need to win some of these opportunities 

5 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

You could call Notre Dame decent too I suppose, though I’d be more likely to call neither decent. ‘Best win’ may have been more appropriate. My point was just that 10-3 looks pretty good until you realize we haven’t beat any good teams. 

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

Don’t need to hope for it to be Q2.  If it makes Q2 great but if not then IU just needs to win the Q1 and Q2 games in conference.   They will have plenty of opportunities even with this loss to make up enough wins to make the tourney.  They  will just need to win some of these opportunities 

Obviously jaded by today’s defeat but I’m not hopeful. Mentally defeated after today and I’m not seeing where the improvement can/will come from. Needed today’s win. Penn St giving us all we could handle doesn’t give me much hope for the rest of the conference opponents.

Someone talk me off the ledge lol

55 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

When was the last time we had more than one GREAT player at a time? When was the last time we had a GREAT player surrounded by an above average supporting cast?

There are things about the environment around the program and town that could be changed to be more conducive to getting top end talent. We’re stuck in the 80s while the game has passed us by.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Oladipo and Zeller with Wat, short guy and crew. But they had Crean as coach…vs a 2-3 zone. Lmao

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

You could call Notre Dame decent too I suppose, though I’d be more likely to call neither decent. ‘Best win’ may have been more appropriate. My point was just that 10-3 looks pretty good until you realize we haven’t beat any good teams. 

Depends on definition of good win.   If both those end up Q2 wins at end of the year they can still help resume without being considered a good win by people.  For me I would consider those good wins even if those teams are not tourney teams.   Every resume needs win like those.  The more concerning thing would be Louisiana is IU’s 3rd best win right now (136 I think). When that’s your 3rd best win then you got work to do  

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

We’ll have opportunities but I don’t see it with this team. I think we end up bottom half of the B1G. 

6 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

Obviously jaded by today’s defeat but I’m not hopeful. Mentally defeated after today and I’m not seeing where the improvement can/will come from. Needed today’s win. Penn St giving us all we could handle doesn’t give me much hope for the rest of the conference opponents.

Turnovers improved, so we’ve got that going for us. Which is nice

3 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

No need to talk of the ledge but even if IU would of won today IU still has a ton of work to do.    Winning or losing this game against Penn St isn’t going to make or break this year.  Too many opportunities left for that.   This game makes the last 11 out 12 games between these 2 teams not decided until the last minute of the game.  IU in the past has been fortunate enough to come out on top but not in this case.   this game was just a lost opportunity at a road Q2 win and they failed.   Move on to the next one 

7 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

At least you aren’t an idiot like myself who spent $1500 on IU Purdue tickets….. I was up close for the crossroads classic and I can say with absolute certainty that they are better than us by at least 15-20 points. 

50 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Admin wants excitement to keep fans engaged but aren't willing to do what it takes to really change the culture. Keep the money rolling but don't really do much!

Not just basketball that’s every sport at IU