Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

PIZZA

I don't have a wood fire oven, but I have had good success with a cast iron in the oven as high as it will go (500-550) or in my Weber with HOT coals. Pre-heat the cast iron for 30-45 minutes before building the pizza so the skillet is nice and not. Makes for a nice crispy crust. Just throwing out there in case someone wants to try it themselves!

11 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Speaking of pizza... It's about impossible to beat Mother Bears... So that's where I'm at for lunch. WIN. 

"One bite, everybody knows the rules." Yes, Portnoy and Barstool were at Mother Bear's about 15 months ago. Portnoy was extremely gracious to IU, loves him some Miller Kopp, and called Mother Bear's "fancy Domino's." Gave it a very generous 6.1.

Sorry fellow Hoosiers, when the crust is doughy there's not much hope for a Portnoy rave review. 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

"One bite, everybody knows the rules." Yes, Portnoy and Barstool were at Mother Bear's about 15 months ago. Portnoy was extremely gracious to IU, loves him some Miller Kopp, and called Mother Bear's "fancy Domino's." Gave it a very generous 6.1.

Sorry fellow Hoosiers, when the crust is doughy there's not much hope for a Portnoy rave review. 

I always preferred Pizza Express during my time on Campus. But that was the late 90s so maybe times have changed. 

16 hours ago, Naturalhoosier said:

I always preferred Pizza Express during my time on Campus. But that was the late 90s so maybe times have changed. 

Bloomington has several options for decent and relatively inexpensive pizza but no really good pizza or at least none that I ever had. 

On 8/17/2022 at 5:33 AM, hoosierbgh said:

Bloomington has several options for decent and relatively inexpensive pizza but no really good pizza or at least none that I ever had. 

Sacrilege, lol.

I’ve spent good time in Chicago, NYC, DC and Atlanta, Bloomington holds its own just fine.

I’ve been stuck in the Land of No Good Pizza, a/k/a Houston, for 20 years now, Pizza Purgatory. I’d kill for some Mother Bears right now.

3 hours ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Sacrilege, lol.

I’ve spent good time in Chicago, NYC, DC and Atlanta, Bloomington holds its own just fine.

I’ve been stuck in the Land of No Good Pizza, a/k/a Houston, for 20 years now, Pizza Purgatory. I’d kill for some Mother Bears right now.

I'll take your word for the lack of good pizza in Houston. Whenever I visit Texas, pizza is about the last type of food I'm interested in. Still, I'd trade every pizza place in Bloomington for a Pappacitos and I'd throw in half of the ones in Indy as well for a Pappadeaux. 

7 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

Avers is my personal favorite with a side of Pizza Express breaksticks 

Anyone tried this place…

I can’t believe they went there. Butch’s has good stuff but their pizza couldn’t be more generic. 

10 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

I can’t believe they went there. Butch’s has good stuff but their pizza couldn’t be more generic. 

RIP Butch’s. Hated to see it go!

10 hours ago, southsidehoosier said:

Avers is my personal favorite with a side of Pizza Express breaksticks 

Anyone tried this place…

Avers North is five minutes from my office, and offer take and bake! Love Avers, and the newer Avers Public House is great as well!

39 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Didn’t know it went under. That’s too bad. They had some good catering. 

They were my "hot dog and chili" favorites. I guess the owner closed in July, didn't announce it was permanent until mid-August.  One more local place down :(  

1 hour ago, southsidehoosier said:

I haven’t been over to the public house yet but want to hit them up for their lunch buffet soon 

They’ve unfortunately done away with the buffet, but have pizza flights now (awards, meat, and veggie, 4 pieces in each one). It’s a totally different menu than the others, w pasta and sandwiches