Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Penn State - 01/02/22 @ 4:00 on BTN

2 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Lander is so bad he can’t get minutes on a team desperate for guard play. 

From what I watched earlier in the season, I have a very hard time believing he’s actually that bad. I think it’s more likely his performance in practice is dictating his PT and I’ve never agreed with that approach. I’ve seen players that look great in practice and fold during the game, and I’ve seen players that are lackluster in practice but go to a different level when it matters. For instance, my best games always occurred in the postseason. My effort wasn’t any different, I just happened to play better under pressure. 

Now, that may not be the case and maybe Lander really isn’t very good. I’m just saying I’d like for Woodson to give him some minutes and see what happens. 

2 minutes ago, Bigred3588 said:

From what I watched earlier in the season, I have a very hard time believing he’s actually that bad. I think it’s more likely his performance in practice is dictating his PT and I’ve never agreed with that approach. I’ve seen players that look great in practice and fold during the game, and I’ve seen players that are lackluster in practice but go to a different level when it matters. For instance, my best games always occurred in the postseason. My effort wasn’t any different, I just happened to play better under pressure. 

Now, that may not be the case and maybe Lander really isn’t very good. I’m just saying I’d like for Woodson to give him some minutes and see what happens. 

Fair enough—I agree that Lander likely hasn’t looked good in practices.

The problem is he also hasn’t looked good in games.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Fair enough—I agree that Lander likely hasn’t looked good in practices.

The problem is he also hasn’t looked good in games.

Neither does most of the rest of this team but it rarely affects anyone else’s minutes. Woody has terrible rotations so I have little faith in his lineup decisions. 

49 minutes ago, Bigred3588 said:

Someone needs to sit him down and have a frank discussion.

”Trayce, you’re currently projected as a mid to late second round pick. Every time you take a game off, you’re one step closer to riding a bus around Croatia for the next 10 years.”

Hopefully, the assistants collectively can help get his attention!

The margin for error for these Hoosiers is incredibly small as seen today against a mediocre Penn St team. Not sure Woodson has the luxury of throwing Lander out there to see what happens. Hoping for Lander contributions in 2021-22 season is a fools-errand in my mind barring an injury

31 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Parker Stewart played 32 minutes and scored 2 points. He’s just not gonna be a good B1G guard

Said this from the first game I saw. He’s a one trick pony that can’t guard a loaf of bread at Dollar General. Big Ten is going to expose him sadly. 

54 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I feel like Geronimo needs 20+ minutes per game.

That would raise the talent level in the lineup considerably.

If I had my way we’d start Trayce, Race, X, Rob, and Jordan, or at least those five would get the most minutes.

At least then we’d have a real identity for what we’re good at—physical defense.

That line up couldn’t shoot a tennis ball inside the ocean. We have two shooters as it is and it’s really limiting the potential for this team. 

8 minutes ago, Trish said:

That line up couldn’t shoot a tennis ball inside the ocean. We have two shooters as it is and it’s really limiting the potential for this team. 

Giving heavy minutes to two guys who can’t create a shot isn’t helping the shooting any. Defenses aren’t coming off them. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

He’s been at IU for 5 years. Maybe he comes back for a 6th year but he may be ready to move on with his life. 

Ali Patberg is in her 7th year of college. She asked coach Moren if she could come back.

16 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Anthony Leal played 5 minutes while Stewart played 32. What exactly did Stewart do that Leal couldn't?

Again, split their time. Both should be closer to 20/20.

If Kopp and Stewart are contributing offensively, their minutes should be significantly decreased 

I think CMW is doing as much as he can with this team given how he wants to play. We constantly over estimate our level of talent relative to other teams. What I'm not going to do is be critical of the kids in a forum. I'll leave pointing out what they can or cannot do to the coaches. They win or lose as a team. From his recruiting targets it's pretty easy to see what CMW wants. Before we judge him too harshly, let's wait to see what he puts on the floor going forward. Nobody wants to lose. Not the coaching staff and certainly not the players.

2 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

IF, massive IF, we start doing somethings above average we could be middle of the pack in the Big 1.o. That 10-3 record is against a really weak schedule.

We give up wide open looks, our wings are slow and over help, we don’t rebound, we don’t play hard, we don’t play smart, we don’t run offense, we don’t get good looks for our good shooters, our bad shooters take contested shots, our good shooters try to do things they’re not good. Other than that we’re kind of solid.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Well said sir.

1 minute ago, cthomas said:

I think CMW is doing as much as he can with this team given how he wants to play. We constantly over estimate our level of talent relative to other teams. What I'm not going to do is be critical of the kids in a forum. I'll leave pointing out what they can or cannot do to the coaches. They win or lose as a team. From his recruiting targets it's pretty easy to see what CMW wants. Before we judge him too harshly, let's wait to see what he puts on the floor going forward. Nobody wants to lose. Not the coaching staff and certainly not the players.

Exactly!  We have at least 60-70% of Archie Millers roster with the rest made up from programs that weren’t winning.  

To me, CMW needs to change things up and get into certain players *****!  Let’s see how things improve going forward