Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Penn State - 01/02/22 @ 4:00 on BTN

1 minute ago, kreigh8 said:

Wish we'd run some sets to get Parker a look. For a team that lacks offense outside of TJD, we don't do much to get our best shooter any looks

Kopp and Parker are probably both 40+% on catch and shoot 3’s. Half the time it looks like happenstance if they get one

1 minute ago, str8baller said:

Kopp and Parker are probably both 40+% on catch and shoot 3’s. Half the time it looks like happenstance if they get one

I'm just wanting to try something different on that end as opposed to whatever we are running right now. I still am not sure there's much a plan outside of throw it to TJD and watch

Part of our piss poor shooting percentages is our piss poor shot selection. Why are our bad shooters taking difficult shots?! Besides we’re not really running much offense outside of dumping it into TJD and standing.

PSU really isn’t taking that much away but we’re doing dumb ****. I guess we can lie to ourselves and say PSU is a good team.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'm just wanting to try something different on that end as opposed to whatever we are running right now. I still am not sure there's much a plan outside of throw it to TJD and watch

Does that include X shooting 11 three's? With no one under the basket to rebound?

Just now, kreigh8 said:

I’m gonna say it…… for all the talk about how good the nba coaches are……. I’m not impressed with Mike Woodson at all offensively. Sure this team is better than last years but so is the roster. Lots of standing around and looking lost at the end of shot clocks. Feel free to kill me. 

Just now, DWB said:

Does that include X shooting 11 three's? With no one under the basket to rebound?

No, not the kind of different I'm looking for. We saw that already against Cuse anyway so not totally off the mark.

Just now, HoosierTrav said:

I’m gonna say it…… for all the talk about how good the nba coaches are……. I’m not impressed with Mike Woodson at all offensively. Sure this team is better than last years but so is the roster. Lots of standing around and looking lost at the end of shot clocks. Feel free to kill me. 

My biggest criticism of Woodson so far is I don't think IU is deep as he'd hope and I don't think we have any business doing the NBA line changes we've seen. TJD and Thompson are sitting for far too long for my taste. Had thought that was a non-conference thing, but generally get the impression that that is how he prefers it. I just don't think we have the personnel to do that effectively. Some may disagree

My biggest criticism of Woodson so far is I don't think IU is deep as he'd hope and I don't think we have any business doing the NBA line changes we've seen. TJD and Thompson are sitting for far too long for my taste. Had thought that was a non-conference thing, but generally get the impression that that is how he prefers it. I just don't think we have the personnel to do that effectively. Some may disagree

Agree with you regarding substitutions. The best teams, year in and year out, have 8 man rotations. 

3 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

The problem’s that Mike Woodson was a mediocre head coach, and most of his head coaching experience was over a decade ago. Career 46% winning percentage in the NBA. It was an out of the box idea, and maybe it’ll work, but expecting a 63 year old mediocre former NBA head coach to take college basketball by storm was always a long shot.