Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Northern Kentucky - 12/22/21 @ 7:00 on BTN

1 minute ago, str8baller said:

That combo is just begging for an 8min scoreless streak every B1G game.

Realistically, Parker or Kopp both aren’t needed in the starting line-up. They’re both liabilities on D and the bench rotation could use the extra shooting. Ideally, Bates would mature enough to be slotted in there. 

Rob, Leal, Kopp, and Geronimo off the bench gives us a solid 9 man rotation, albeit a little small still. 

Oh, I don’t think Rob needs to start there at all. I just think that’s a good backcourt when Woody chooses to deploy it. I’m more than happy with Rob off the bench still. 

4 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

From Osterman - Mike Woodson on Parker Stewart's first-half absence: "I'm not addressing that. That's an in-house matter. I will never address things that go on in my locker room to the fans or to the media."

Too bad its probably a Zoom presser. I'd love to see video of Woodson giving the death stare at whoever asked the question.

Happy with the effort tonight and thought the offense looked good.  Defense was great for the first half but let up some in the second half.  With 10 minutes to go it was 61-34 and it is human nature to let up a little.  I compare it to playing pick ball where you come out and play hard and actually play basketball.  After a couple of hours and you get tired it turns into street ball and a lot of cherry picking.

Just now, rcs29 said:

Haven't read a thing and had to watch on a delay. Am I the only one that at this point would rather see Duncomb in over Durr? I realize we haven't seen a lot from him but I feel I've seen more than enough of Durr.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Durr is a warm big body on D and an ok rebounder. He shouldn’t touch the ball on offense. Duncomb will get abused on D in the B1G and won’t rebound well enough for his position, either. Whatever he gives on offense likely won’t offset his liabilities on the other end. 

We can stagger Race and TJD and fill in Geronimo or even play a little small  to soak up a lot of those bench minutes. Ideally Durr plays 4min or less. God help us if TJD or Race get in foul trouble this season. 

19 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

From Osterman - Mike Woodson on Parker Stewart's first-half absence: "I'm not addressing that. That's an in-house matter. I will never address things that go on in my locker room to the fans or to the media."

This is how a coach should handle it.  It was something that Crean did poorly in that he called out players to the media.

Like it or not, fans/media don't have a right to know about things that are disciplinary unless they are legal, public knowledge.

Happy with the effort tonight and thought the offense looked good.  Defense was great for the first half but let up some in the second half.  With 10 minutes to go it was 61-34 and it is human nature to let up a little.  I compare it to playing pick ball where you come out and play hard and actually play basketball.  After a couple of hours and you get tired it turns into street ball and a lot of cherry picking.

What you are saying is true. What is also true is this team struggles to string two good halves together and it has cost them twice so far this season. It is a real problem now

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Durr is a warm big body on D and an ok rebounder. He shouldn’t touch the ball on offense. Duncomb will get abused on D in the B1G and won’t rebound well enough for his position, either. Whatever he gives on offense likely won’t offset his liabilities on the other end. 

We can stagger Race and TJD and fill in Geronimo or even play a little small  to soak up a lot of those bench minutes. Ideally Durr plays 4min or less. God help us if TJD or Race get in foul trouble this season. 
That's the thing though. Durr's mentality is that of an offensive focal point. When he touches the ball I assume the possession ends with him doing something (whatever that may be). Which is infuriating because he, for some reason, is often double teamed but either doesn't have any awareness or is simply out to get his. The very small sample size I've seen of Duncomb he seems to have decent situational awareness on offense. I agree his defense would probably be an issue but is it a wash at that point. I guess in the grand scheme I agree with you that ideally neither see the court.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Do we need starters anymore tonight? Why is TJD or Race in? Give younger guys the rest of the game 

starters -- 3 turnovers in 129 minutes, bench 10 turnovers in 71 minutes.  Just my opinion, but I thought the bench played plenty and didn't make the most of the time they had.

1 hour ago, DChoosier said:

It looked to me like Kopp hit the three with 3 seconds to go and the clock just running after his shot (ie NKU didn’t even get a chance to heave it).

The clock continues to run after a made shot regardless of time in the first half.  The stoppage is for like under a minute in the second half.

starters -- 3 turnovers in 129 minutes, bench 10 turnovers in 71 minutes.  Just my opinion, but I thought the bench played plenty and didn't make the most of the time they had.

Yeah I thought Woody gave them time and they played poorly so he yanked the bench players.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app