Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

Game Thread: vs. Notre Dame 12/18 - 2:30 pm on FOX

Parker is such an efficient shooter.  Won’t go off for to s of points much but when he shoots, I think it’s going in.
I feel the same way when Kopp and Leal shoot as well. To an extent with Bates. In the previous 4 years I can't think of 2, maybe not even 1, guy(s) I felt that way about when they shot.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Just now, JSHoosier said:

There's a difference between not taking a W and admitting there's a serious problem that's not being addressed.

Which is what -- effort which some on here claim?  

The #1 area where effort shows in basketball is defense, which we have in spades.  Execution and effort are not the same thing.

Cool.  The banana result today was a win.  Sorry you had to ask if a banana felt like a banana.

We get it. Your over the moon with today’s win.
Doesn’t take much to get you in a skirt and shake your Pom poms.
I’m happy we won, too.
Just aren’t ready to break out the pom poms like you.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

The #1 area where effort shows in basketball is defense, which we have in spades.  Execution and effort are not the same thing.

Blowing a 20 point lead against Wisconsin was because of a lack of effort in the 2nd half.  Losing to Syracuse was because of a lack of effort in the first half.  Yes, effort is a problem with this team; it doesn't matter if they can still blow out Eastern Western Little Sisters of the Deaf Dumb and Blind A&M.  Yes, this team can play good defense when they actually put in effort but they don't do so consistently.

4 minutes ago, Whoozhers said:

We get it. Your over the moon with today’s win.
Doesn’t take much to get you in a skirt and shake your Pom poms.
I’m happy we won, too.
Just aren’t ready to break out the pom poms like you.

We get it.  Your not over the moon with todays win.    You 2 with the back and forth can take it to a pm if you would like but it doesn’t need to be here 

2 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Yes, this team can play good defense when they actually put in effort but they don't do so consistently.

Let's not forget that the team is learning a NEW defensive scheme, with new coaches, with new demands. And oh, by the way new players too. Considering the huge transformation in both defense and offense, I'm not going to rain on their parade just yet. (not saying you are, JSH).

It's a learning curve. I think the team has made great progress from last year. Are we perfect? No. But I see improvement almost every game.

25 minutes ago, DWB said:

Let's not forget that the team is learning a NEW defensive scheme, with new coaches, with new demands. And oh, by the way new players too. Considering the huge transformation in both defense and offense, I'm not going to rain on their parade just yet. (not saying you are, JSH).

It's a learning curve. I think the team has made great progress from last year. Are we perfect? No. But I see improvement almost every game.

Doesn't excuse a lack of effort, there should never be an excuse for that.  Those things could cause miscommunication etc, not mailing it in for entire halves.

38 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

We get it.  Your not over the moon with todays win.    You 2 with the back and forth can take it to a pm if you would like but it doesn’t need to be here 

Noted.

For the record, my problem isn't with any poster.  It's with the catch all 'lack of effort' assumption.  

Blowing a 20 point lead against Wisconsin was because of a lack of effort in the 2nd half.  Losing to Syracuse was because of a lack of effort in the first half.  Yes, effort is a problem with this team; it doesn't matter if they can still blow out Eastern Western Little Sisters of the Deaf Dumb and Blind A&M.  Yes, this team can play good defense when they actually put in effort but they don't do so consistently.

Bingo! Well stated.

3 hours ago, HoosierHoopster said:

And we were missing Tamar’s 20 mpg. That’s no little thing, he does a lot on both ends

Late to the party.

Watched the game on a 4 hour delay 

Why no Bates on the bench?

Thanks in advance.

You mean like the couple of straight line drives after FTA on the other end? Wide open looks on poor rotations? Giving up offensive rebounds? (effort stat)

Our defense has been much better than previous seasons. However, we’ve also faced some pretty poor offensive teams (pretty bad teams overall). The teams with a pulse all scared over 1 PPP against us. We have plenty of issues, consistent smart effort is chief among them.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I agree with you. I will say this..I’ve lost trust in XJ….big time! And I’m getting to where I’m questioning Woody. I tuned in to the beginning of Merrimack in hopes that Woody made a change of the starting 5. Only just to see, it was business as usual. Maybe he knows something I don’t.

I’m so down on this program right now and It’s going to take a major turnaround for me to be as diehard as I’ve always been for the last 38-39 years. In my eyes, the future of IUBB doesn’t have any momentum. And unless something drastically changes, it’s not looking to get much better in the near future.

We need kids that are winners and know how to win! Is there 1 kid on this team and even the ones that have committed next year, that have won a state title?

9 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

I agree with you. I will say this..I’ve lost trust in XJ….big time! And I’m getting to where I’m questioning Woody. I tuned in to the beginning of Merrimack in hopes that Woody made a change of the starting 5. Only just to see, it was business as usual. Maybe he knows something I don’t.

I’m so down on this program right now and It’s going to take a major turnaround for me to be as diehard as I’ve always been for the last 38-39 years. In my eyes, the future of IUBB doesn’t have any momentum. And unless something drastically changes, it’s not looking to get much better in the near future.

We need kids that are winners and know how to win! Is there 1 kid on this team and even the ones that have committed next year, that have won a state title?

Galloway  Duncomb?