Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

Game Thread: vs. Notre Dame 12/18 - 2:30 pm on FOX

2 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I know the Toiletmakers played out of their minds today, but the difference between us and them is staggering.

It's been that way for about 5 years now, if we're being perfectly honest. We were on even footing with them in Crean's last season, but fell behind them after that and have been lapped several times now. 

6 minutes ago, Whoozhers said:

Does that “feel” like a W?

It sure does. The guys over came a LOT of adversity. Some of it their own doing, some not. There is a lot to take away from a game like this, and I trust the coaching staff will drive it all home.

Last year's team would've folded after the tech on Stewart. (BS call by the way)

8 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

They can have fun this time next year when we're playing Kansas and they're playing Chicago St.

100%. No love lost here, it's about 5 years past time to move on from this event and get back to the big stage where we belong (even with our record our revenue is still ridiculous)

Crazy thing is — as dissatisfying as our play has been at times this season, we’re about 30 seconds from being 11-0.

Effort in only half the time that we showed very little would have is there.

Effort in the majority of that time would have us sitting comfortably in the top #15

Consistent smart effort through the majority of our games would have us feeling really good about this team and the program.

We’re a lower middle of the Big 1.0 team with how we’ve played so far this season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

31 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Crazy thing is — as dissatisfying as our play has been at times this season, we’re about 30 seconds from being 11-0.

Exactly. I mean an L is an L, but the team is a couple broken plays and misques from being undefeated and ranked 

56 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I normally don't have any problems with Matt Painter, but I couldn't help but feel his comments before the games today were a bit of a veiled shot at IU. 

"It would be great for us if we could keep doing this. I think it would be great for everybody. I don't quite understand why it's going away. It doesn't add up. I know Butler wants to keep doing it." 

Seems like a narrative is in progress to make it look like IU was too good for the event and ruined it for everyone else. 

Well we were the ones opting out. I personally liked the CC. It sold out every year, and gave all the fans in the state a nice opportunity to converge in one place. IU's "scheduling conflict due to B10 schedule increase" was a bunch of bull IMO. PU has the same challenge. And it wouldn't keep us from a marquee matchup. We could just remove a chump from our schedule if that was the case. Just my opinion, but I think it's a bad move as it removes an opportunity to play in downtown Indy, where many attended, that normally would or could not drive to Btown.

1 hour ago, DWB said:

It sure does. The guys over came a LOT of adversity. Some of it their own doing, some not. There is a lot to take away from a game like this, and I trust the coaching staff will drive it all home.

Last year's team would've folded after the tech on Stewart. (BS call by the way)

And we were missing Tamar’s 20 mpg. That’s no little thing, he does a lot on both ends

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

I normally don't have any problems with Matt Painter, but I couldn't help but feel his comments before the games today were a bit of a veiled shot at IU. 

"It would be great for us if we could keep doing this. I think it would be great for everybody. I don't quite understand why it's going away. It doesn't add up. I know Butler wants to keep doing it." 

Seems like a narrative is in progress to make it look like IU was too good for the event and ruined it for everyone else. 

Kind of what happened. A lot of people on here have been calling for an end to this event. Like it's too small time for us. I liked it, but what do I know.

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

Painter should get on the horn with U of E or Valpo and keep it going. Pretty sure this comment below was after the Kansas series was announced. I love Woody’s mindset that if we are a blue blood we should act like it. 

771EA3A3-F378-48C3-B97A-D0914D299484.jpeg