Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Signing Day! December 2021

1 hour ago, LIHoosier said:

Does that mean CTA's southern accent is better than Brian Kelly's?

While LSU will probably pick up a few more recruits (they currently only have 13), IU is only two spots behind them on the national recruit rankings (LSU at 18).

18 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

So expect McCullough and maybe Lucas or James to contribute early. Would be nice if Payne arrived early.

Not taking anything away from McCullough but I'd be surprised if he's contributing early. Not that he won't it's just he'll have some competition at the position. When I saw him play I couldn't help but think he'll have to fill out a bit aka bulk up and read the field much better to see the field next year. Just my opinion and I could be wrong and honestly, I hope I am. 

13 hours ago, 8bucks said:

I don’t remember for sure but weren’t we pleased with our class last year too? Not disputing this class at all but it usually takes a year or so before HS kids become really good college players right?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

For me personally I was more pleased about the season IUFB had and a little disappointed in the class based on the year they had.  But that's just me. And I fully agree with you regarding HS kids making the transition to college.  Sometimes you get that freak who can hit the field on day one, but that's rare.

14 hours ago, 8bucks said:

I don’t remember for sure but weren’t we pleased with our class last year too? Not disputing this class at all but it usually takes a year or so before HS kids become really good college players right?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Last year we had just come off two January Bowls, had a ton of National LEO hype but ended up with the 54th rated class in the country and 12th in the BT. Last year I posted a little disappointment that we only landed 1 of the Florida guys we were after as Florida has sent us some really good players. You are correct that positive comments were made as the class did target some of our needs.

This year we completely laid an egg, Allen did not get great press as he did the previous year but we landed the 20th rated class and 4th in the BT. Included in that are 7 defensive guys from Florida most of which had a number of crazy good offers. ….Go figure.

Who knows how each of the two classes turn out. Still to be determined, of course, but on “paper” this is a better class.

The thing to remember about last year's class is that it was tiny. 247's rankings don't like small classes, but when you look at the average rating of signees, it put us around 9th in the B1G and quite a bit higher up nationally (not doing the math there, there's a glitch on the rankings page). Nothing earth-shattering and nowhere near this year, but it does change things a bit.

2020 class was very good. They just didn't have that many scholarships to give out. Plus they took like 10 transfers- Handy, Anderson, Kramer, Carpenter, Carr, Matthews--- pretty big-time contributors. 

1 minute ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

A couple WR's? Interesting. Looks like Cooper is the only commit unsigned at the moment so do we get a surprise? 

We might steal a WR from Georgia who was supposed to go to Western Michigan or someplace like that. This kid can fly.