Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Signing Day! December 2021

2 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Not IU related, but the #1 rated player in the country on Rivals just flipped from FSU to Jackson State. Deion not exactly angling for the alma mater job.

Edit: the first bit of info on the kid on 247 sounds like you're just reading a Deion scouting report - "A generational type of talent. Legitimately CB1 and WR1 for the class of 2022. Makes everything he does look extremely easy. Smooth. Explosive. Competitive. At times it seems like he’s almost a human cheat code as he’s always making the highlight reel play at the right time."

Crap. Jordyn Williams will have to compete with someone, oh no! 

28 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

When else can he sign? Is this a multi-day event or mean he has to wait until spring?

I assume he wants to know the OC schemes and who the heck will be throwing him the ball.

Absolutely, also worth noting/remembering McCulley was his QB in high school at Lawrence North, so depending on the vibe he gets on McCulley's future as starting QB that might have some influence on if he stays committed or re-opens.  Who knows, total speculation on my part.  Hopefully the staff can sell him and keep him on board.

27 minutes ago, craigyv88 said:

Absolutely, also worth noting/remembering McCulley was his QB in high school at Lawrence North, so depending on the vibe he gets on McCulley's future as starting QB that might have some influence on if he stays committed or re-opens.  Who knows, total speculation on my part.  Hopefully the staff can sell him and keep him on board.

Don't necessarily know that McCulley is a huge factor. He might be a factor. Don't forget though, he's very good friends with CJ Gunn. 

1 minute ago, DChoosier said:

As we all know the talent in Texas is crazy.

Saw a picture of Lynch signing with fellow teammates and his high school senior class had an Army commit, 2 guys signed with Texas, a Clemson commit and Lynch signed with IU.

They're top 5 in the country. I bet they don't play a kid that wouldn't be able to be a contributor at a D3 school. 

Unreal signing day for IU. I will happily admit to being wrong to think things might implode. Great job by the staff to keep things together (hope we still get Cooper). Really excited about the DL signings and transfers. Perhaps we will have a DL that can pressure  the QB.

According to 247 sports, at this moment, the top 7 Big Ten recruiting classes are all in the East Division (yes, IU/MD/Rutgers are above IA/Wiscy/NE, etc) while the bottom 7 teams are in the West.  #parity  

Edit: with the James signing we are now up to 19th nationally. 
The 3 schools right above us are Arkansas, Clemson, Tennessee.

The 3 schools right below us are MSU, Ole Miss, LSU.

Quite a difference from the years when we were around Troy and Akron.

4 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Dustin Dopirak --

Per IU release, 16 of the 25 signees will be mid-year enrollees. That includes the eight transfers as you'd expect, but also Nick James, Jaylin Lucas, Dasan McCullough, Ryan Miller, James Monds III, Carter Smith, Venson Sneed and Kaiden Turner.

Gahhhhh this is huge. A true Freshman coming in January is hardly a true freshman by the time August rolls around.

17 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Gahhhhh this is huge. A true Freshman coming in January is hardly a true freshman by the time August rolls around.

So expect McCullough and maybe Lucas or James to contribute early. Would be nice if Payne arrived early.

18 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

So expect McCullough and maybe Lucas or James to contribute early. Would be nice if Payne arrived early.

Is it fair to assume that among the recruits, rather than the transfers, Payne is probably the biggest short-term need? 

1 hour ago, Lebowski said:

Not to pee in everyone's cheerios but this doesn't mean doo doo if the staff can't develop players.  Hopefully that happens.    

But yeah man, I'm a happy camper with this class.  Really wished a couple more OL signed on though.  

Don’t have a lot of confidence in this staff on the field but roster wise they are certainly  getting some things done.

6 hours ago, DChoosier said:

According to 247 sports, at this moment, the top 7 Big Ten recruiting classes are all in the East Division (yes, IU/MD/Rutgers are above IA/Wiscy/NE, etc) while the bottom 7 teams are in the West.  #parity  

The 3 schools right below us are MSU, Ole Miss, LSU.

Does that mean CTA's southern accent is better than Brian Kelly's?

I don’t remember for sure but weren’t we pleased with our class last year too? Not disputing this class at all but it usually takes a year or so before HS kids become really good college players right?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners