Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

2022-23 IUBB Schedule

11 hours ago, Josh said:

...and posters still said Archie did a great job in those games.  It made me question the impartiality and integrity of a lot of posters 

Make it stop.  Make it go away forever

“Make it go away forever,” he says, bringing it up unprompted 5 years later…

No way. You need to ride the wave of this I-told-you-so forever. Just bask in the glory of IU’s underperformance. I hope you never get to stop reveling in our failure. Take pride knowing that only you and those of similar intellect could comprehend the gravity of a loss to IPFW. 

This might blow your mind, but being a fan of a team has nothing to do with impartiality. And don’t go bringing “integrity” into it as if that has real meaning here. None of this matters, it’s entertainment. Allow fellow Hoosier fans to cheer for the team if they want to, it makes them happy. 

2 hours ago, Stromboli said:

No way. You need to ride the wave of this I-told-you-so forever. Just bask in the glory of IU’s underperformance. I hope you never get to stop reveling in our failure. Take pride knowing that only you and those of similar intellect could comprehend the gravity of a loss to IPFW. 

This might blow your mind, but being a fan of a team has nothing to do with impartiality. And don’t go bringing “integrity” into it as if that has real meaning here. None of this matters, it’s entertainment. Allow fellow Hoosier fans to cheer for the team if they want to, it makes them happy. 

Holy Pepperoni Stromboli | Screamin' Sicilian

#spicy

On 9/6/2022 at 8:15 PM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I was at the Crean vs IPFW game in Fort Wayne with Bleach Boy. It was such a bad loss, I wasn’t even mad.

But ……..Bryson Scott was arguably the better player than Blackmon if you take both ends of the court in the comparison. The Scott brothers annihilated Blackmon in their HS game. But man, Blackmon could shoot that rock. Then you had John Konchar. He was a rock star.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Wild to think back at that and see John Konchar getting another deal with the Grizzlies. And the Grizzlies seem to live him. Only other guys still in the NBA from that game are Bryant and OG. 

https://iuhoosiers.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule/2022-23

At Rugers and home Nebraska in the tough December stretch is the best we could ask for and seemingly the only conference home game without students is NW. And 4 Saturday conference home games! That might equal our last 3 years.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Haven’t done a deep dive but pretty happy with @ Illinois in January. Gives them less time to gel as a team. Will look over the schedule more but that stood out.  

I’d say the goal should be 11-2 or better going up to the heart of our big ten schedule. 

Not that I'm terribly upset by this, but I noticed we have 2 exhibition games. I'd bet anything Xavier Johnson is getting a 3 game suspension to start the season and the 2 exhibitions (that count for half a game each) are to make sure he's eligible when we face his namesake on the road. 

On 9/8/2022 at 3:30 PM, TheWatShot said:

Not that I'm terribly upset by this, but I noticed we have 2 exhibition games. I'd bet anything Xavier Johnson is getting a 3 game suspension to start the season and the 2 exhibitions (that count for half a game each) are to make sure he's eligible when we face his namesake on the road. 

That is what Matt Painter always used to do on his player 'suspensions'.

On 9/8/2022 at 6:40 AM, Stromboli said:

Fair enough.  Maybe I'm holding a grudge because the people who gave me so much hell for calling Archie awful so early still have not accepted it.  They still refuse to admit that maybe they were wrong in name calling and still say I'm the one who has fault.  Maybe I should be a bigger man than those who still call me out even though they were the wrong ones.  Even though they can't be bigger.  Maybe so.

My post was in no way incorrect.  I question the impartiality and integrity of all those posters.

Moving on...

On 9/8/2022 at 7:39 PM, Hovadipo said:

My Walmart was a bust. Had the pizza but not the strom. 

I checked the east side Columbus, no stromboli but I did find (and buy a couple) Lil’ Yatchty’s frozen pizzas!!!! Lol (I bought the veggie for my daughter and the hot honey for me):

C2ACDB44-6E26-4E17-AD5C-EC6D0DCB24EF.jpeg

CF2044D3-EDA2-48B2-AD41-6CAD8AA33597.jpeg

E8422B88-F8E0-4E05-AD44-C7A2000DC32B.jpeg

47B7517A-A794-4FE1-A723-FBEA867189AC.jpeg

25 minutes ago, mamasa said:

I checked the east side Columbus, no stromboli but I did find (and buy a couple) Lil’ Yatchty’s frozen pizzas!!!! Lol (I bought the veggie for my daughter and the hot honey for me):

C2ACDB44-6E26-4E17-AD5C-EC6D0DCB24EF.jpeg

CF2044D3-EDA2-48B2-AD41-6CAD8AA33597.jpeg

E8422B88-F8E0-4E05-AD44-C7A2000DC32B.jpeg

47B7517A-A794-4FE1-A723-FBEA867189AC.jpeg

Like…the rapper? Wow lol. 

14 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

That is what Matt Painter always used to do on his player 'suspensions'.

Pretty sure Crean also did this the year half the team got suspended for failed drug tests and we had to start Colin Hartman at center.