Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

2022-23 IUBB Schedule

58 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

If we have 3 days rest I doubt we see any real gains. And I don’t think event be worst Big Ten Teams are really in cupcake territory

There are some poor B10 teams. Perhaps cupcakes is not a great word, but they are B10 cupcakes lol....

We have 3 huge games (UNC, AZ, Kansas). We could lose all three and it wouldn't shock many. I don't think we will, but it's not far fetched. So what I don't want to happen, is we have two tough B10 foes mixed in early. I don't care about getting good teams early when we're in that 3 game stretch. I just want games that are considered likely wins, and I don't want a 5 game death spiral of opponents lol. 

6 minutes ago, Southside said:

There are some poor B10 teams. Perhaps cupcakes is not a great word, but they are B10 cupcakes lol....

We have 3 huge games (UNC, AZ, Kansas). We could lose all three and it wouldn't shock many. I don't think we will, but it's not far fetched. So what I don't want to happen, is we have two tough B10 foes mixed in early. I don't care about getting good teams early when we're in that 3 game stretch. I just want games that are considered likely wins, and I don't want a 5 game death spiral of opponents lol. 

That’s a fair. Point. Alright I’ll change my stance to I want Northwestern and Illinois.  A middle ground. I want to catch Illinois early.  Before SC has time to get used to college and before the teams have time to gel. 

48 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

That’s a fair. Point. Alright I’ll change my stance to I want Northwestern and Illinois.  A middle ground. I want to catch Illinois early.  Before SC has time to get used to college and before the teams have time to gel. 

I mean, as long as we win them, I don't care .

We've bitten off a lot with preseason blue bloods. I'd just prefer not to play one of the top 5 or 6 teams. Give me the bottom 8.

I think IL will be better early than most think. But if we did play IL early, and win, I'd be very happy lol. 

My preference in red lol. 

Big Ten opponents
Home: Nebraska, Ohio State, Wisconsin
Away: Maryland, Minnesota, Penn State
Home/Away: Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Northwestern, Purdue, Rutgers

32 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

I like the exhibition games in place of the secret scrimmages, to get the guys more run and timing in 'real' game settings in advance of non-con.

20 hours ago, HoosierHoopster said:

I like the exhibition games in place of the secret scrimmages, to get the guys more run and timing in 'real' game settings in advance of non-con.

And they account for 2 of the 19 home games in the season ticket package. Face value for theses games is the same $54 as for the North Carolina, Illinois,, Michigan, Purdue, Michigan State and all other B10 games. Not really sure what point, if any, I am making. It just seems wacky on the surface.

45 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Hmm gotta wonder how well he will do with a short college off-season after a reclass 

8 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

When asked by IU what their payment demands were:

• Bethune Cookman: "We want $150,000."
  • IU: "We'll do it for $105,000."
  • Bethune Cookman: "You got yourself an opponent."

And then there was Saint Francis' response:

Quote/s of the Day – 4 October – Beloved St Francis of Assisi – AnaStpaul

IU: "Cool. We'll give you a full heart and $15k."

11 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

When asked by IU what their payment demands were:

• Bethune Cookman: "We want $150,000."
  • IU: "We'll do it for $105,000."
  • Bethune Cookman: "You got yourself an opponent."

And then there was Saint Francis' response:

Quote/s of the Day – 4 October – Beloved St Francis of Assisi – AnaStpaul

IU: "Cool. We'll give you a full heart and $15k."

I think the Saint Francis and Marian games are just exhibition which is why their payments are much less.

Profile on Xavier and of course before the game is ever played we'll be reminded a billiongajillion times that Xavier is coached by Archie Miller's brother.

https://www.insidethehall.com/2022/07/22/2022-23-non-conference-opponent-preview-xavier/?fbclid=IwAR2fEB6JMyF8QFYw_Q4oREvG8Z61S7rFr3AHPXZuKEEBm2wJ_gAYHLqwsX4