Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

2022-23 IUBB Schedule

12 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Those games are a lot fresher in the minds of basketball fans than IU beating a bad Kansas team 50 years ago. 

Beating the Number #1 team in the country never loses its excitement level and its impact on the college basketball community. IU beat Kansas in 2016 so it's not like we've never beaten them.

UNC's at the top, but that's still a home game and we have a better shot at that game than beating KU on its floor, don't see a home win over UNC, if we get it, as a much bigger story than somehow beating KU at the Phog. They're 292-16 there and last lost there in 2018 after 2 decades of going undefeated there, not to mention they're the defending NC, Wilson, Harris and Yusefu returned, they got McCullar from Tech, have a top 5 recruiting class with 3 McD boys, and are themselves pre-season ranked in the top 5-10. A win at the Phog would be big time, whatever label someone wants to put on it.

IU could be undefeated going into the Kansas game and they still won’t be favored to win that game.    Winning at Kansas would be one of the best wins of the year in all of college basketball if Kansas were to stay in the top 10.    A win doesn’t guarantee anything though.  Kentucky beat them by 100 last year at Phog and Kansas ended up having the last laugh and won it all.    It’s fun to speculate what IU’s record will be in these big matchups but in reality they are still just a piece of the overall puzzle.   IU could go O-4 in those games and still make the tourney and they could also go 4-0 in those games and miss 

They’ve lost a home game each of the last three seasons all of which were double digit losses (I believe). Not sure where the undefeated at home since 2018 stat was pulled.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

8 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

They’ve lost a home game each of the last three seasons all of which were double digit losses (I believe). Not sure where the undefeated at home since 2018 stat was pulled.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yeah my bad was working from memory, maybe I'm getting to old to do that lol. But real point is they barely/rarely lose at home, they've been consistently dominant in the Phog, it's been one of the hardest places in DI to get a W for decades. 2021-22 lost once, badly to UK - before going on to win the NC (and by 1 to Dayton neutral). 2020-21 lost 1, to rival UT.  2019-20 lost 1 by 12 to Baylor. If we were to win at KU, who have a team capable of repeating as NC, that would absolutely be a monster W, it's just not likely.

Neutral court game against ball st.  Wins away from home add up.   Other schools do this all the time to pad that.  Good to see IU doing it as well.    Got to win the game of course 
Where are you seeing the Ball St game? It's not in the graphic or the press release.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Where are you seeing the Ball St game? It's not in the graphic or the press release.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Miami(OH) game.   My mistake.  I will edit 

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Neutral court game against Miami(OH) Wins away from home add up.   Other schools do this all the time to pad that.  Good to see IU doing it as well.    Got to win the game of course 

This really is a badass noncon -- X, UNC, AZ, KU, to go with Miami (Ohio) and the balance of the schedule. Certainly won't hear people complaining about a weak noncon this year. Now the guys have the chance to step up and make some real noise before the season even starts. Love it.

What I really like about this schedule is that they give themselves plenty of time before each of the big games to rest and prepare.

Xavier: 8 days

UNC: 5 days

Arizona: 10 days

Kansas: 7 days

Then all cupcake games are on shorter turn times so they get to practice playing with less rest/prep time against easier teams.

29 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

What I really like about this schedule is that they give themselves plenty of time before each of the big games to rest and prepare.

Xavier: 8 days

UNC: 5 days

Arizona: 10 days

Kansas: 7 days

Then all cupcake games are on shorter turn times so they get to practice playing with less rest/prep time against easier teams.

The 2 early B1G games in December will be in there somewhere when they announce them.   

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

The 2 early B1G games in December will be in there somewhere when they announce them.   

Ah, yes. I forgot about those and was just looking at the OOC games.

6 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Hopefully big ten games are on or around the 3rd and 13th

4th and 8th last season for IU , then no B10 games till Jan2

The first B10 conf games were on the 3rd. 

I'd love it if they dropped one of the games in after the 17th (KS game).

But we'll likely see one between UNC 11/30 and AZ 12/10, and one between AZ and KS (12/17).... 

Sigh lol

And here's to hoping one or both early B10 games include Nebraska, MN, and/or NW. 

7 hours ago, Southside said:

4th and 8th last season for IU , then no B10 games till Jan2

The first B10 conf games were on the 3rd. 

I'd love it if they dropped one of the games in after the 17th (KS game).

But we'll likely see one between UNC 11/30 and AZ 12/10, and one between AZ and KS (12/17).... 

Sigh lol

And here's to hoping one or both early B10 games include Nebraska, MN, and/or NW. 

I disagree I want our early games to be against good teams that may need time to gel.  Give me Illinois on the road and Michigan or MSU at home 

On 7/1/2022 at 11:40 PM, Brass Cannon said:

I disagree I want our early games to be against good teams that may need time to gel.  Give me Illinois on the road and Michigan or MSU at home 

If they are sandwiched between the titans, then I want cupcakes.