Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

2022-23 IUBB Schedule

Funny and ironic that Archie didn’t want to play Sean/Arizona, and this season we get both Arizona and Sean Miller at Xavier.  

Xavier will be tough.  Sean is a tough coach but not the best.  They return a fair amount of talent.  Nunge is one of their stars with Indiana ties, then of course Jerome Hunter. 

going to be a crazy non-conference.  

2 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

When was the last time IU had this good of a non-conference schedule? UNC is probably the preseason #1 team. Kansas is the defending national champs. I'm skeptical of them being top ten good but they're Kansas, we know they'll be solid. Arizona will be decent. Xavier seems like a top 25ish team. 

I looked it up: As coach at Kansas, Self has a record of 292–16 (.948 win percentage) at Allen Fieldhouse. That is INCLUDING conference games. I can't find the non-con record but it is even more ridiculous. In short, I'm chalking this up as an IU loss. This is what SSAH should be like. 

7 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

I can dig an evening or two in the big apple wearing candy stripe pants.  

I’ve been to a couple of our games at the Garden and also the one at the Brooklyn Center. Just amazing to see people wearing Candy Stripes walking down 8th Ave in Manhattan and getting off the subway stop in Brooklyn. I’m guessing the players really like playing in those arenas.

43 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

I looked it up: As coach at Kansas, Self has a record of 292–16 (.948 win percentage) at Allen Fieldhouse. That is INCLUDING conference games. I can't find the non-con record but it is even more ridiculous. In short, I'm chalking this up as an IU loss. This is what SSAH should be like. 

The trick is to win two of our previous big games. Then at this point this game is just house money 

3 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Anyone have an idea on what the odds are of getting Kansas tickets for a reasonable price on either the primary or secondary market? Looking to make the pilgrimage. 

I'm wondering the same.

17 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Dang murderers row.  4 Quad 1 games out of conference. With only 1 being a home game. 

Win 2 - Got the job done

Win 3 - Feeling pretty good 

Win 4 - We gonna get silly after the board recovers from its crash 

We would have the inside track to a #1 seed if we won all four. A win at Kansas would shock the college basketball world to its core. 

44 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

I’ve been to a couple of our games at the Garden and also the one at the Brooklyn Center. Just amazing to see people wearing Candy Stripes walking down 8th Ave in Manhattan and getting off the subway stop in Brooklyn. I’m guessing the players really like playing in those arenas.

When we were last in NY, we wore IU gear just not candy stripes.  May have to change that if we make the trip for the game next fall

Too lazy to look at previous posts. Does anyone know when the Las Vegas tickets will go on sale? That’s sounds like a great venue and good time to watch the Hoosiers.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

15 hours ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

We would have the inside track to a #1 seed if we won all four. A win at Kansas would shock the college basketball world to its core. 

First, of all, IU could easily lose all four of these pre-conference games so it might be prudent to temper expectations. Even if we do, we will likely still be very good and among the top 4-5 in the Big Ten Conference. Secondly, a win at Kansas would be news but hardly "shock the college basketball world to its core." Beating North Carolina, even at home, would be a much bigger story since North Carolina is ranked number one. BTW, I saw IU beat Kansas in Allen Field House. Different era. Bobby Knight was IU's coach. IU's star player was center Steve Downing and its starting point guard was a freshman named Quinn Buckner. IU went to the Final Four and Kansas wasn't very good (8-18) that season.

On 6/28/2022 at 6:16 AM, Brass Cannon said:

True. Guess we could invite butler lol

I'd love to see some creative "classics" in our future. I don't care if it's PU, Butler, ND, or Ball State lol. 

Heck, take all the IN teams (4 above) and do a classic with the B12 (future B12). You could do Houston, Cinci, Kansas, KSU, Baylor, TTU, etc.. Or do an all IN vs all TX classic. I've been wanting an SEC matchup classic as well. 

With Gavitt coming to an end, wouldn't be surprised to see something in the works.