Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

2022-23 IUBB Schedule

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Last time we played Xavier we got whooped up on a bit and we even had Eric Gordon. Before that we actually beat them. I can't which year but I do remember Xavier had Romain Sato and I think it was a pretty good game. That was the game I learned that I shared a name with a university and became a fan out of default. 

IU played Xavier in the second round of the 93 tournament at the RCA Dome which I attended.

I would’ve been happy getting rid of the 300+ ranked teams (which we still should do). This is looking to be a killer non-conf schedule. I know some of it is the cross conf matchups but that’s also partly based on our more lofty expectations. Tip of the hat  to Woody and the administration for creating an exciting start to the season. 

2 hours ago, str8baller said:

I would’ve been happy getting rid of the 300+ ranked teams (which we still should do). This is looking to be a killer non-conf schedule. I know some of it is the cross conf matchups but that’s also partly based on our more lofty expectations. Tip of the hat  to Woody and the administration for creating an exciting start to the season. 

And hoping KY and Louisville get added regularly in the near future. 

16 hours ago, Southside said:

And hoping KY and Louisville get added regularly in the near future. 

I’d love to get UK back on. I don’t even necessarily disagree with doing nuetral sites, although I hate to give in to Cal. But with the crossroads gone, I like the idea of having a game in Indy. 

I’d love to play UK, and maybe I’m in the minority here, buuuut…I don’t hate the status quo. No need to throw Cal a bone, occasionally we play in the tournament, and IU can build a nice schedule without UK. If Kenny Payne wants a couple years to get ready for a home-and-home series, we’ll wait.

12 minutes ago, lillurk said:

I’d love to play UK, and maybe I’m in the minority here, buuuut…I don’t hate the status quo. No need to throw Cal a bone, occasionally we play in the tournament, and IU can build a nice schedule without UK. If Kenny Payne wants a couple years to get ready for a home-and-home series, we’ll wait.

I was thinking the other day it would be interesting to kinda model something after the cross roads classic but it be IU and Purdue vs UK and U6

For how much Cal loves the recruiting edge of playing in Indy.... Hell let's do it... But... Let's Indiana vs Kentucky first game of the season every year. Make it into a massive event at Lucas Oil and just fill the entire place. Could easily break the record for most to attend a game at Lucas Oil. Make it a freaking event like no other. Bring in all the recruits to watch. All the scouts to watch. And the 70,000 fans. Half blue, half red. 

2 hours ago, HinnyHoosier said:

I love watching Purdoo doing themselves no favors.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

How is that? Davidson finished last season with a NET ranking of 46. That was only 2 spots behind IU and ahead of ~1/2 the B1G. It's a Quad 1 or 2 game, depending on where it happens. Also, 3 spots behind ND and way ahead of Butler. This looks like a good OOC game. Very winnable but a quality opponent.

43 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

How is that? Davidson finished last season with a NET ranking of 46. That was only 2 spots behind IU and ahead of ~1/2 the B1G. It's a Quad 1 or 2 game, depending on where it happens. Also, 3 spots behind ND and way ahead of Butler. This looks like a good OOC game. Very winnable but a quality opponent.

Hmmm... Playing Davidson... Or I don't know who they could of played but from a list of programs like Texas, Texas Tech, Oregon, UCLA, Notre Dame, Arkansas etc... It's pretty clear, Purdue doesn't want the national spotlight and are perfectly happy with just being a very regional program. 

I doubt few here would be hyped about a non-con IU-Davidson matchup to boost the résumé.

5 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

For how much Cal loves the recruiting edge of playing in Indy.... Hell let's do it... But... Let's Indiana vs Kentucky first game of the season every year. Make it into a massive event at Lucas Oil and just fill the entire place. Could easily break the record for most to attend a game at Lucas Oil. Make it a freaking event like no other. Bring in all the recruits to watch. All the scouts to watch. And the 70,000 fans. Half blue, half red. 

Why I still don't understand how this isn't happening. The first time these two teams play in the regular season it'll be hyped up. 

1 hour ago, go iu bb said:

That game does a lot more for Davidson than it does for Purdue. 

3 hours ago, HinnyHoosier said:

I love watching Purdoo doing themselves no favors.

Maybe it works out for them, but everything about this feels bad to me. Davidson lost an elite HC and a bunch of scoring. Torvik has them 103. So, it’s a possibly, though doubtfully, losable game against a team that may not ultimately be good. And are we 100% sure that they can sell out Gainbridge as the A side? They only put 10-12K in there and that slaps them right in the face with the little brother card.