Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

2022-23 IUBB Schedule

1 minute ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Be careful what you wish for, lol.

Def can’t feel dissed. We want to climb back up the ladder to being one of the power teams, starts here. 

I am not one to complain about the cupcake games but yes, you are correct.  2 top 5 programs and a borderline top 10.  Impressive!  Get these boys ready! 

It doesn't sound practical to get Nova... and play all 4 of those schools. Who knows? 

But... @Xavier wouldn't be bad. I could see us at Creighton, SH, Providence. Any of those schools would be solid non cons. 

No problem with playing Nova though. 

We will be playing both teams from last years finals.  And if we get Nova we will be playing 3 of the last 5 champs. 

I am not sure what Illinois schedule looks like but I doubt that good. It’s conceivable we lose the conference to them because SOS and still get a higher seed 

7 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

It's possible over UNC at home (it'll be close) and Arizona (they lost 3 key players to the draft) at a neutral game. I personally love this. If IU wants to return back to the top, you gotta beat the big boys. If they can go 2-2 (Gavit Game) against the big 4 teams I'll be happy. 

Arizona will probably be a bit of a wash.  Wish it was a bit earlier so they didn’t have time to gel. But it is what it is.  They are still in their time zone so I hope that doesn’t give rh any advantage.  

Definitely want to get 2 of these games. 3 would be amazing and if we get all 4 i think all the Indiana message boards will crash 

7 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I’m in the camp of wanting to play someone different like UVA for my own entertainment, but there are far worse problems to have as a program than getting put up against Duke and UNC consistently. The Hall will be a’rockin. 

Oh absolutely. ROCKING!!!

24 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I’m in the camp of wanting to play someone different like UVA for my own entertainment, but there are far worse problems to have as a program than getting put up against Duke and UNC consistently. The Hall will be a’rockin. 

Absolutely. I can’t believe anyone would whine that we can still manage to be identified as a marquee team. 

Our defense last year was very good, even early season. We’re experienced. And hopefully our little mini run at the end of the season shows Woodson can get a team ready to play the big games, not wilt. 

We can’t be the same team we were last year, though. A 9-11 team that gets rocked by SMU won’t get it done. So, get some production from the 2 and 3 spots, create more actions, ball movement and off ball movement. Become an offensive juggernaut to pair with our defense and become dangerous. I’m loving the UNC draw. 

15 minutes ago, Josh said:

This is honestly a dream matchup for us because of all the hype and marketing it's going to get.  This will help recruiting from a visibility standpoint.  Big win.

Yup. Anything other than us getting blown out is a major win.

Put yourself in the shoes of Xavier Booker-one of the only things that pushes against IU is whether we are truly back as a blue blood.

Last night he watches the NBA draft on ESPN and Woody is name checked in the first half hour. In November he’s at the Hall at the primo sporting event in the nation on that night.

Sitting next to him for that game are Fland, Newell, and every other priority recruit that is begging for a ticket into the arena.

I think with the hype and expectations we'll have heading into this season, a game vs. UNC or Duke seemed like a natural. 

Still after 20 years of us participating in the challenge, we haven't played -- Virginia, Louisville, Miami, Clemson, Virginia Tech. I didn't include Notre Dame because we'd been playing them every other year at Indy. 

I just figured that by now, we would've have played everyone -- or most everyone. 

4 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I think with the hype and expectations we'll have heading into this season, a game vs. UNC or Duke seemed like a natural. 

Still after 20 years of us participating in the challenge, we haven't played -- Virginia, Louisville, Miami, Clemson, Virginia Tech. I didn't include Notre Dame because we'd been playing them every other year at Indy. 

I just figured that by now, we would've have played everyone -- or most everyone. 

No need to play Wake Forest, Boston College either.

We should play Indiana-quality teams. 

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

No need to play Wake Forest, Boston College either.

We should play Indiana-quality teams. 

Ha. 

I've attended a grand total of one ACC/B1G game. Live in Virginia, so headed down to Winston-Salem for the game in 2003. Met up with some IU fans at a bar beforehand, had a bite to eat and a couple beers, then headed on over to the arena and -- watched us get annihilated. 

40 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Yup. Anything other than us getting blown out is a major win.

Put yourself in the shoes of Xavier Booker-one of the only things that pushes against IU is whether we are truly back as a blue blood.

Last night he watches the NBA draft on ESPN and Woody is name checked in the first half hour. In November he’s at the Hall at the primo sporting event in the nation on that night.

Sitting next to him for that game are Fland, Newell, and every other priority recruit that is begging for a ticket into the arena.

Excellent points.

I was kind of hoping for Duke. We haven't beaten them in 20 years and I really want to see it again. We've beaten UNC at home twice in the last decade, so I don't feel like that moves the needle too much as far as us being viewed as a legit program. Starting off the Scheyer era by smacking Duke's all-world freshmen in the mouth would make a far bigger impact, IMO. 

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

I’m just over it.  I’ve wanted to play Virginia for years. When we are good we seem to play Duke and UNC. When we aren’t good we still can’t play Virginia. 

They give us UNC or Duke even in years were not good.