Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

2022-23 IUBB Schedule

22 minutes ago, hoosierbgh said:

I can see why some wouldn't want to play Louisville this year but I'd have no problem kicking them while their down. Syracuse might be if IU hadn't just played them. The same for FSU. Miami would be better choice.

I'm still waiting on a compelling reason to want to play UVA so badly.

Plenty have been given. Your just choosing to ignore them 

40 minutes ago, hoosierbgh said:

I can see why some wouldn't want to play Louisville this year but I'd have no problem kicking them while their down. Syracuse might be if IU hadn't just played them. The same for FSU. Miami would be better choice.

They're the 3rd best ACC team/program and they aren't UNC/Duke. 

16 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

3 years ago those reasons would be legit. As of right now they are just Indiana under Archie. 

I don’t know why you seem to think Virginia is some nothing program. But your just wrong. In the last 12 years Duke has won 1 ACC title under a different coach. UNC and Virginia both have 5 on that time span. Virginia had won a title more recently than UNC and Duke

You are obsessed with a name that in the grand scheme of things doesn’t mean much 

You seem to think because you don’t like Virginia that they aren’t a preeminent college basketball team 

1 hour ago, hoosierbgh said:

Because UVA has been one of the top teams in the ACC and the country since Bennett has been there 

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

It’s like some people stopped updating their view of the ACC in 2005 or something 

They just look at the style of play and don't enjoy that style so they think they aren't good.

9 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Well because Duke and UNC are still by far the premier programs and it isn't even close. 

By any metric, UVA is one of the top programs in the country. A slew of conf titles in the best conference and a national title. And they still have their HoF coach in his prime. 

12 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Well because Duke and UNC are still by far the premier programs and it isn't even close. 

Meh. Neither are Bama in football... or even close. 

Last decade UVA is better than both.  

11 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

You know I actually had just done some research on this very thing... And no. UVa hasn't been better. It's close but UNC and Duke have still been Top 5 programs. 

Right. Bennett didnt have a 13-11 season two years ago. 

Plus.. quite a bit more conference titles/tourney champs. UVA absolutely outplayed Carolina the last ten years. 

25 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

You know I actually had just done some research on this very thing... And no. UVa hasn't been better. It's close but UNC and Duke have still been Top 5 programs. 

Duke has had one conference championship and and 0 national titles in the last 7 years.  And those were all under a different coach did you research miss that. 

Virginia also finished ahead of Duke in Kenpom in 5 of those 7 years 

20 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Duke has had one conference championship and and 0 national titles in the last 7 years.  And those were all under a different coach did you research miss that. 

Virginia also finished ahead of Duke in Kenpom in 5 of those 7 years 

Now it's 7 years? We were doing 10. And it took into everything. 

The biggest difference is what has happened in the NCAA Toruney. Virginia, Duke and UNC all have national titles in the last 10 years. Virginia in that span though has only went to 3 Sweet 16s, 3 E8, 1 FF. 

Duke has went to 6 S16, 5 E8 and 2 FF.

UNC has been to 5 S16, 3 E8, 3 FF and lost in the title game in 2016. 

Like I said, it's close. But both Duke and UNC have been better on the national stage. 

13 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Now it's 7 years? We were doing 10. And it took into everything. 

The biggest difference is what has happened in the NCAA Toruney. Virginia, Duke and UNC all have national titles in the last 10 years. Virginia in that span though has only went to 3 Sweet 16s, 3 E8, 1 FF. 

Duke has went to 6 S16, 5 E8 and 2 FF.

UNC has been to 5 S16, 3 E8, 3 FF and lost in the title game in 2016. 

Like I said, it's close. But both Duke and UNC have been better on the national stage. 

And neither of the current coaches did any of that so yeah why does that matter exactly?   

I picked 7 years but if you want to do more we can do 9 in which case Virginia has won over half the ACC titles in that time 

So something I have always wanted to do was to go to an IU game in all the big ten venues. I think I am going to start this year with Northwestern

Might try and add another in there this year as well if I can get cheap tickets to any of the games. Maybe a team that surprises and is bad.  Penn state might be doable if game is on a weekend. I’ve always wanted to go to shanks villa could do that on the way. 

43 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

And neither of the current coaches did any of that so yeah why does that matter exactly?   

I picked 7 years but if you want to do more we can do 9 in which case Virginia has won over half the ACC titles in that time 

Duke and UNC do have new coaches. UNC off to a great start. Duke is yet to see but recruiting wise they definitely didn't slow down. So we will see. Either way, Virginia has been behind both programs. 

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Duke and UNC do have new coaches. UNC off to a great start. Duke is yet to see but recruiting wise they definitely didn't slow down. So we will see. Either way, Virginia has been behind both programs. 

And you haven’t proven that. You just keep claiming it.  They are behind in your eyes. But your eyes clearly aren’t open.