Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

2022-23 IUBB Schedule

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

So if I am keeping track that’s 4 cupcakes and  3 or 4 real games. Would love to get the rest of the games to be teams at least in the 100-150 range 

Or better than that!

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Talia Goodman:  The Hoosiers will host Miami (Ohio) tentatively on Nov. 20, Arkansas Little Rock on Nov. 23 and Jackson State on Nov. 25, per source.

I would have liked for us to play Ball State instead of Miami of Ohio if we are going to play a MAC team!

21 hours ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I would have liked for us to play Ball State instead of Miami of Ohio if we are going to play a MAC team!

Miami at 250 isn’t awful but they should be the cupcake limit. Those 300+ teams are not worth it from a team perspective. You can beat them playing awful. Good habits don’t matter and are thus hard to reinforce. Even the backups should be mopping the floor with those teams so even getting them extra minutes is largely irrelevant. 

On 6/5/2022 at 9:27 PM, HoosierAloha said:

Are we even playing in the Gavitt games? We had one last year and thought it was almost an alert sting year type deal. Wouldn’t count on it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

the contract was for B1G teams to play four or more times in the original 8 year deal. IU has played in 4* of 7 so it’s unclear  if they’ll be in this year or not on that basis.

However, if you read between the lines from some of the folks who know, I would guess they’re playing one. Four games was the minimum for B1G teams, but the TV networks want more IU games, not more Penn State ones. (Especially when IU is good.)

*Creighton 2015, @Seton Hall 2017, Marquette 2018, St. John’s 2021.

8 hours ago, lillurk said:

the contract was for B1G teams to play four or more times in the original 8 year deal. IU has played in 4* of 7 so it’s unclear  if they’ll be in this year or not on that basis.

However, if you read between the lines from some of the folks who know, I would guess they’re playing one. Four games was the minimum for B1G teams, but the TV networks want more IU games, not more Penn State ones. (Especially when IU is good.)

*Creighton 2015, @Seton Hall 2017, Marquette 2018, St. John’s 2021.

There are 7 Big 1.o teams that haven't hit that fourth appearance in the Gavitt Games, yet. If they stick to that they'll probably play this season which leaves 1 more Big 1.o team with four appearances to fill that 8th spot. Out of those teams: Ill, IU, Michigan, Neb, O$U, Rutgers, and Wiscy we haven't exactly been setting the world on fire. We could be selected for that 8th game but it could just as likely go to one of the other teams that have been and will still be towards the top of the league.

473800510_ScreenShot2022-06-07at8_10_29AM.thumb.png.b9411560c09b02c18fed62f2fcd865b7.png

37 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

There are 7 Big 1.o teams that haven't hit that fourth appearance in the Gavitt Games, yet. If they stick to that they'll probably play this season which leaves 1 more Big 1.o team with four appearances to fill that 8th spot. Out of those teams: Ill, IU, Michigan, Neb, O$U, Rutgers, and Wiscy we haven't exactly been setting the world on fire. We could be selected for that 8th game but it could just as likely go to one of the other teams that have been and will still be towards the top of the league.

473800510_ScreenShot2022-06-07at8_10_29AM.thumb.png.b9411560c09b02c18fed62f2fcd865b7.png

Well, IU is projected at the top of League and pre-season ranked this season and is 3-1 in these games. Seems like a fairly good shot at it.

3 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

From May...We'll be in the Gavitt Games.

Yes. I knew there was a confirmation somewhere on the web but couldn't remember where I read it

Also, Hoosier Hysterics stated on their podcast that IU expects to be in the gavitt games. But out of respect for you I didn't want to quote them as a reliable source lol

58 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Yes. I knew there was a confirmation somewhere on the web but couldn't remember where I read it

Also, Hoosier Hysterics stated on their podcast that IU expects to be in the gavitt games. But out of respect for you I didn't want to quote them as a reliable source lol

No, I know they’re a reliable source…my confusion comes from wondering who gave them the keys to the kingdom lol. 

45 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

No, I know they’re a reliable source…my confusion comes from wondering who gave them the keys to the kingdom lol. 

They are inside circle at this point.  The Rabjohn's of the #IUBB podcast world, and it appears the NIL stuff gives them even more leverage.  I've been listening to them a little more lately.  I've warmed up my stance to them quite a bit, but they make me nervous.  

49 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I voted to give them the keys. They cra-cra-crazy and an accident waiting to happen, but they funny.

Some interviewers have a natural ability to get people comfortable and opening up. That's them in a big way.

On 6/5/2022 at 7:01 PM, Brass Cannon said:

So if I am keeping track that’s 4 cupcakes and  3 or 4 real games. Would love to get the rest of the games to be teams at least in the 100-150 range 

I think this is a pretty good formula. Doing a quick comparison to last season, of the top 25 NET teams (eliminating Gonzaga b/c they rack up quad 4 games in conference), only 2 teams played less than 4 quad 4 opponents. Only 6 teams in the top 50 played less than 4 quad 4 opponents. Right now we have, likely, exactly 4. We had 7 last season. Even if we add 1 or 2 more cupcakes, the top end of our schedule will likely have 3, maybe 4 quad 1 opponents, of which we had 1 in the non-conference last season. Overall, this is a solid improvement. 

1 minute ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

I think this is a pretty good formula. Doing a quick comparison to last season, of the top 25 NET teams (eliminating Gonzaga b/c they rack up quad 4 games in conference), only 2 teams played less than 4 quad 4 opponents. Only 6 teams in the top 50 played less than 4 quad 4 opponents. Right now we have, likely, exactly 4. We had 7 last season. Even if we add 1 or 2 more cupcakes, the top end of our schedule will likely have 3, maybe 4 quad 1 opponents, of which we had 1 in the non-conference last season. Overall, this is a solid improvement. 

^This.^

With the likely addition of a Gavitt road game, we will have four quad one games before conference play starts. That's a recipe for an excellent tourney seed.

20 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

So this is the last year of the Gavitt Games?

I think this is the last year of the original deal. Haven't seen if it's getting re-upped or not.