Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

2022-23 IUBB Schedule

2 hours ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

I agree....in the format it has been. I'd love to see the Crossroads Classic kept around in a modified format. None of the Indiana teams play each other. Make it a 4 game Saturday or a 2 and 2 Sat/Sun split. Rotate the teams that are invited each season from all over the country. Make it an event to feature hoops in the state of Indiana. Hypothetically, imagine a lineup like this:

Butler vs. Cincinnati

Notre Dame vs. Texas 

Purdue vs. Villanova

Indiana vs. North Carolina 

the next season:

Butler vs. Louisville

Notre Dame vs. Florida

Purdue vs. Arizona

Indiana vs. Gonzaga

Of course you have to make sure it's a non-conference opponent for all teams, and nothing conflicts with the B1G/ACC challenge or gavitt games. It may not get 4 incredible matchups every season, but it would be an incredible weekend in my opinion. 

That is an excellent idea....so it will never happen! 

Would be nice to have a recurring game in Indy though. 

4 hours ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

I agree....in the format it has been. I'd love to see the Crossroads Classic kept around in a modified format. None of the Indiana teams play each other. Make it a 4 game Saturday or a 2 and 2 Sat/Sun split. Rotate the teams that are invited each season from all over the country. Make it an event to feature hoops in the state of Indiana. Hypothetically, imagine a lineup like this:

Butler vs. Cincinnati

Notre Dame vs. Texas 

Purdue vs. Villanova

Indiana vs. North Carolina 

the next season:

Butler vs. Louisville

Notre Dame vs. Florida

Purdue vs. Arizona

Indiana vs. Gonzaga

Of course you have to make sure it's a non-conference opponent for all teams, and nothing conflicts with the B1G/ACC challenge or gavitt games. It may not get 4 incredible matchups every season, but it would be an incredible weekend in my opinion. 

Why not add some mid majors like Wichita State, Dayton, VCU, St. Mary’s, etc.  

I like the concept.  I also would like to see it become a tournament!

37 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Why not add some mid majors like Wichita State, Dayton, VCU, St. Mary’s, etc.  

I like the concept.  I also would like to see it become a tournament!

Of course. It’s highly unlikely 4 high major teams would be scheduled. But all of the programs you mentioned would be great to rotate in. 

Marquee games like Arizona and Kansas on the schedule are fantastic.  But, a non-conference schedule that truly prepares a team needs to include some quality mid-majors.

I think that is the area where IU has failed the last several years.  It's been a few high profile games and a lot of sub-300 low majors.

The schedule needs a few A-10, Missouri Valley, WCC, etc. level games on it as well.

9 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Marquee games like Arizona and Kansas on the schedule are fantastic.  But, a non-conference schedule that truly prepares a team needs to include some quality mid-majors.

I think that is the area where IU has failed the last several years.  It's been a few high profile games and a lot of sub-300 low majors.

The schedule needs a few A-10, Missouri Valley, WCC, etc. level games on it as well.

Nice to see you around Fouls

20 hours ago, 5fouls said:

We get plenty of quality games in conference.

To me, the primary goal of strength of schedule is to do enough to merit an excellent tourney seed, and to stack some wins.

I’d rather risk losing to Arizona than play a decent A10 team on the road. I also question whether we can get those A10 and WCC teams into the Hall.

Arizona, UNC, Kansas + mainly cupcakes at home works fine for me. A home and home with a marquee team is my favorite choice.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

We get plenty of quality games in conference.

To me, the primary goal of strength of schedule is to do enough to merit an excellent tourney seed, and to stack some wins.

I’d rather risk losing to Arizona than play a decent A10 team on the road. I also question whether we can get those A10 and WCC teams into the Hall.

Arizona, UNC, Kansas + mainly cupcakes at home works fine for me. A home and home with a marquee team is my favorite choice.

I’m good with this approach as well but I also hope we start getting on these holiday tournament schedules almost every season. Not just the Maui every 4 or 5 seasons. Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Legends, whatever…those are fantastic tournaments that nearly guarantee a couple resume boosting games. 

4 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

There is a wide range of teams that are considered “cupcakes”. I don’t think the schedule should be overly onerous, especially since the  BT is usually tough, but in addition to several marquee ooc games I’d like to see a couple of the 300+ cupcakes turn into 180-220 type games.

There is a wide range of teams that are considered “cupcakes”. I don’t think the schedule should be overly onerous, especially since the  BT is usually tough, but in addition to several marquee ooc games I’d like to see a couple of the 300+ cupcakes turn into 180-220 type games.
I think there was an attempt at that last year but the likes of Marshall and the Ragin Cajuns went from predicted 100-150 games to 250+ teams cuz they bombed hard in conference.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, DChoosier said:

Agree and just swapping out a 300 for a 200 level team improves SOS

I may have missed news on Xavier if there had been any.  It is so important to have a really good PG on our team.  

Is there going to be a plea deal?  If his driver's license is suspended and he gets probation and community service then does Coach Woody then decide any ramifications that would limit his participation? 

Tough position to put the coach and the team in.  Wonder if Xavier was on a short leash already.  

Not the kind of leadership the Seniors on the team should be displaying.  Wonder if the teammates are generally pissed at his actions or what.

Looking at the schedule, should Xavier be suspended for 3 games?   Glad I am not the coach.

18 minutes ago, Dave from Dayton said:

I may have missed news on Xavier if there had been any.  It is so important to have a really good PG on our team. 

If Woodson was going to cut Xavier loose it would have happened already. There will be a plea deal. A case like this never goes to trial.

41 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

If Woodson was going to cut Xavier loose it would have happened already. There will be a plea deal. A case like this never goes to trial.

Thanks for the answer.  However, I realized all that.  It had been discussed.

What I asked was if there was anything more recent.  Indirectly, I guess, your post means no new news that you know.

7 minutes ago, Dave from Dayton said:

However, I realized all that.

If you knew it, why didn't you say it? Recent to what?  You don't say that either. X's case is scheduled for a pre-trial conference later this month at which time settlement issues will be addressed. But I suppose you knew that.

10 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

If you knew it, why didn't you say it? Recent to what?  You don't say that either. X's case is scheduled for a pre-trial conference later this month at which time settlement issues will be addressed. But I suppose you knew that.

Sorry if I wasn't clear.  I did say thanks.

I asked if there was news about X including a plea deal.   I took your post as speculation not news.

The most recent post has a fact about the pre-trial conference later this month. That is good information.  Thanks again.

Hope that your horse wins in the KY Derby.

Is there going to be a plea deal?  If his driver's license is suspended and he gets probation and community service then does Coach Woody then decide any ramifications that would limit his participation? 
Tough position to put the coach and the team in.  Wonder if Xavier was on a short leash already.  
Not the kind of leadership the Seniors on the team should be displaying.  Wonder if the teammates are generally pissed at his actions or what.
Looking at the schedule, should Xavier be suspended for 3 games?   Glad I am not the coach.
X had been out on the recruiting trail watching games with the coaching staff.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk