Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

2022-23 IUBB Schedule

5 hours ago, OldBuddy67 said:

Hoosier Hysterics had a quick interview with Michael Lewis last night in Indy and they asked if he was going to play IU. Lewis said he told Kenya to work on it. Said he's willing to do a 2 for 1.

As much as I love Lewis, I am not sure that 2 for 1 makes sense for IU. Maybe 2 in Bloomington and then one in Indianapolis or something. 

8 minutes ago, IU_FanClub said:

With UNC and Michigan scheduled to play in the Jumpman Invitational this year I would almost guarantee we play UNC at Assembly Hall in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge. We are coming off 2 straight road games in the challenge and they have had it at home 2 of the last 3 years. 

Would be pretty cool to play both championship game participants next season. 

1 hour ago, IU_FanClub said:

With UNC and Michigan scheduled to play in the Jumpman Invitational this year I would almost guarantee we play UNC at Assembly Hall in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge. We are coming off 2 straight road games in the challenge and they have had it at home 2 of the last 3 years. 

From your lips to God’s ears…..

38 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

Except this season when we go 2-0 early against Kansas and UNC, please don't let the wheels fall off a few games later, like last time.

If we win @ KU and beat UNC the hype will be incredible! Maybe justifiably so. I'm with you though, so tired of disappointments and ready for an IU team- any IU team in any sport- to exceed expectations for once. Football flirted with it and then crashed back to historic putricity. 

34 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

If we win @ KU and beat UNC the hype will be incredible! Maybe justifiably so. I'm with you though, so tired of disappointments and ready for an IU team- any IU team in any sport- to exceed expectations for once. Football flirted with it and then crashed back to historic putricity. 

That is why I watch soccer instead, at least they win 

20 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

either way. Can we shut up about the crossroads classic? put that in thing in the trash can and leave it there. 

I agree....in the format it has been. I'd love to see the Crossroads Classic kept around in a modified format. None of the Indiana teams play each other. Make it a 4 game Saturday or a 2 and 2 Sat/Sun split. Rotate the teams that are invited each season from all over the country. Make it an event to feature hoops in the state of Indiana. Hypothetically, imagine a lineup like this:

Butler vs. Cincinnati

Notre Dame vs. Texas 

Purdue vs. Villanova

Indiana vs. North Carolina 

the next season:

Butler vs. Louisville

Notre Dame vs. Florida

Purdue vs. Arizona

Indiana vs. Gonzaga

Of course you have to make sure it's a non-conference opponent for all teams, and nothing conflicts with the B1G/ACC challenge or gavitt games. It may not get 4 incredible matchups every season, but it would be an incredible weekend in my opinion. 

28 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

This is great to see.  Kansas, Arizona and I bet we will be playing one of the top 4 “brand names” in the ACC Challenge.

Based on the early preseason rankings my guess for the ACC-B1G is UNC (top 4 team) or Virginia (top 25 team). Personally would like to see IU play a top 25 team at home, away, and a neutral site. Looks like we are getting that next year. Glad the Non-Conference schedule is beefing up. 

35 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Insert Caddyshack "We're waiting" GIF. 

I've said all along I think Trayce is just leaving little hints that he is coming back. If he was gone he probably wouldn't really care. 

Maybe except Rob is gone it looks like he still cares. I think he'll be back but I don't read too much into him caring.