Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

2022-23 IUBB Schedule

1 hour ago, Josh said:

Were all of the rest of our opponents ranked lower than 194?  Or are you assuming that Team 194 will only replace an opponent ranked lower than that?

It's an optimistic view.  Not that it's bad to have that optimism, I just don't share it.  Our pre-conference schedule has been too soft for too long and we've paid for it for too long.

This info is easy to find. As Brum said it’s pretty realistic they would replace a team that was ranked lower. At worst it would be a wash. All of our quad 3 games were conference opponents so it wouldn’t replace those. The other NC opponents were ND which we’ve upgraded by leaps and bounds with the game AT Kansas, and the Syracuse and St. John’s assigned games. And as USPS points out, NC schedules under CAM were not an issue at all. But you’re ready to make a determination that we haven’t “learned our lesson” b/c this game might get scheduled for an undetermined future season.

861D9709-C12A-4147-98FB-533050BBEF47.jpeg

57 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Not really. Look at a UM, 17-14 and we beat them in the B1G and finish with a stronger overall record and we play in the play in and they get an 11, mostly bc of who they played - not who they beat. They lost most of their games to the better teams but were rewarded highly for their SOS. 

Michigan's path is not one I would bet on working every year, more often than not that record leaves them on the outside looking in. While IU needs to improve the non-con SOS there is absolutely no reason to knee jerk to the other extreme. 

6 minutes ago, hoosierbgh said:

Michigan's path is not one I would bet on working every year, more often than not that record leaves them on the outside looking in. While IU needs to improve the non-con SOS there is absolutely no reason to knee jerk to the other extreme. 

Who’s talking knee jerking? We’re talking adding a Bellar etc to the schedule 

51 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Who’s talking knee jerking? We’re talking adding a Bellar etc to the schedule 

Trying to emulate Michigan's schedule, which you brought up, would be a knee jerk in my opinion though I'm not suggesting that is what you were advocating for. Complaining about just the possibility of adding Bellarmine to the schedule is pretty knee jerk too. 

6 hours ago, hoosierbgh said:

Trying to emulate Michigan's schedule, which you brought up, would be a knee jerk in my opinion though I'm not suggesting that is what you were advocating for. Complaining about just the possibility of adding Bellarmine to the schedule is pretty knee jerk too. 

Right, I never said emulate UM’a schedule. And yeah i’m not sure why there would be complaining about adding B to the schedule, I’m certainly not

42 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Wanna be a big dog, gotta play the big dogs. Get fans to finally understand how FAR away we really are. 

Any given night...that's why they play the games.  This can only help.  Plus even if we lose we get a SOS bump that the committee loves

Assuming that the first non-exhibition game is the first week of November (which it has been more often than not), and using November 5th as a general guideline, then we only have 213 days until IU basketball, which is 5112 hours or 306,720 seconds

7 minutes ago, mamasa said:

Assuming that the first non-exhibition game is the first week of November (which it has been more often than not), and using November 5th as a general guideline, then we only have 213 days until IU basketball, which is 5112 hours or 306,720 seconds

Can I get that in moon cycles?