Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Merrimack - 12/12/21 @ Noon on BTN

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

For those who wonder why Lander is still buried…

Yeah it’s good for him to get run in games like this and I have been team “can’t be worse” re: backup pg minutes. But maybe it can be worse! And of course we all know Phin can be better than he’s been this year. 

Wish our starting guards could both have a good game at the same time... 

Anyway, today was good mouthwash for the Wiscy loss. 

A PU loss. A UK loss. And the IU blowout which we expected. 

Looking forward to ND. They have to be up over their upset. Would love to pound them by 20.

37 minutes ago, Southside said:

Wish our starting guards could both have a good game at the same time... 

Anyway, today was good mouthwash for the Wiscy loss. 

A PU loss. A UK loss. And the IU blowout which we expected. 

Looking forward to ND. They have to be up over their upset. Would love to pound them by 20.

Should have been a second PU loss.

2 hours ago, Ryno6284 said:

Anybody else think TJD looked soft today?  Couldn't finish if he was bodied up.  Race was the "MAN" today as far as finishing through contact.

He’s been soft the last few games.  I think it started when he had that almost knee injury 

I think with JG’s performance today, which hopefully is confidence builder, our bench may start becoming an asset that we thought it could be.  If JG and TB can contribute 12-16 points each game combined and RP can start giving us what he did today plus hitting an occasional shot, our bench will become an asset!  These next few games will tells us a lot!

8 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I think with JG’s performance today, which hopefully is confidence builder, our bench may start becoming an asset that we thought it could be.  If JG and TB can contribute 12-16 points each game combined and RP can start giving us what he did today plus hitting an occasional shot, our bench will become an asset!  These next few games will tells us a lot!

I would pump the breaks a little bit on JG.  He did this against a team new to D1 that plays a defense that makes it easier to stand out.  He usually shows out in this type of game.  The game is too fast for him on both ends against better competition.  I’m not expecting him to get the kind of minutes he got today going forward.  TB was quiet today but he’s a player.  RP played well and he just needs a shot to go down.  The point guard situation has been settled.  Leal missed on some today but he should continue to get minutes.  The biggest piece off the bench remains injured.

10 minutes ago, IU - Kaulie said:

I would pump the breaks a little bit on JG.  He did this against a team new to D1 that plays a defense that makes it easier to stand out.  He usually shows out in this type of game.  The game is too fast for him on both ends against better competition.  I’m not expecting him to get the kind of minutes he got today going forward.  TB was quiet today but he’s a player.  RP played well and he just needs a shot to go down.  The point guard situation has been settled.  Leal missed on some today but he should continue to get minutes.  The biggest piece off the bench remains injured.

It’s the confidence thing that I’m talking about.  It doesn’t matter the competition, a game like this can develop confidence.  We’ll see how things progress over the next few games.  That’s what I’m talking about 

3 minutes ago, IU - Kaulie said:

The biggest piece off the bench is Tamar Bates, he is not injured. 

Jordan had a double double and a career high, we know you aren’t a fan but just give him props.