Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

Indiana at Wisconsin Game Thread

6 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

Disgusting 2nd half. No other way to put it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

17 points or whatever is unacceptable. And he refused to call timeouts early.  

Just completely unacceptable. I hope to never see it again. And I’ll still root for woody. But his better be a one timw thing. I’m so ******* pissed.

I have never been more disappointed in a player than I was tonight’s game. But Johnson was a nightmare in Kolh center . I would rather lose with Lander than watch Johnson play I cannot stand a player that thinks he is all that and a bag of chips . Especially when he sucks. 

Just now, str8baller said:

Stop whining about the refs. They had zero. Nothing. Nada. To do with the outcome

Not whining about the refs, just saying that ONE $hitty call completely changed the momentum and the outcome.  More talking about the mental stability of this team than anything!

24 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

After the comments from Woody, how/why would you,18-19 yo 5star PG, stay? Seriously, he has a free transfer from the NCAA! 

I'm sure Woodson understands that.   

And I don't care about the star rating.  I've seen Lander play and two coaches have seen him practice day in and day out, as has a pretty good assistant in Dane Fife.  I assume that they are expecting that Lander will transfer after the year and feel that is for the best.  IMO, that says something about what Lander actually brings to the team.

14 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

I get it, but that's what leaders do.  Busted play, go make something happen.  

Still not a reason to bury a young PG on the bench and make a comment like Woody did post game. There has to be something else going on. Like I said in an earlier post, lander is out playing Rob offensively but is a liability on defense. The second half of this game didn’t need Robs defense, it needed a spark offensively, and neither X or Rob had it, well really no one had it in the second half! 

I’m going to guess if Lander doesn’t get any playing time Sunday vs Merrimack or any other cupcake before Christmas, there’s a chance he is gone.

Serious question. Does anybody on here root for another team that can answer this. I knew undoubtedly that iu would choke that game away and either barely win or lose which they ultimately did. When you root for your other team do you feel that way or is this just a iu basketball thing. I felt like I knew undoubtedly this would be the case the entire time. Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

I may be wrong, but I think the failure to get a shot up with 10 sec in the Syracuse game is playing a part.  

I simply am not getting what people are seeing in him.  It seems that they are setting the bar so low for him that any little thing is counted as a success.

2 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Serious question. Does anybody on here root for another team that can answer this. I knew undoubtedly that iu would choke that game away and either barely win or lose which they ultimately did. When you root for your other team do you feel that way or is this just a iu basketball thing. I felt like I knew undoubtedly this would be the case the entire time. Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I have a strange combination of teams I root for.  IU, the Pacers, the Miami Dolphins, and the San Diego Padres.

So, yes, I always feel like my team is going to choke it away.

7 minutes ago, Ryno6284 said:

Not whining about the refs, just saying that ONE $hitty call completely changed the momentum and the outcome.  More talking about the mental stability of this team than anything!

Then call a time out and get your guys together. One bad call is meaningless.   

I like woody but he has to get out of his nba mentality. Each game matters. Runs matter. You can’t wait until the 4th quarter every time.   

That was a disgusting half. 

2 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I simply am not getting what people are seeing in him.  It seems that they are setting the bar so low for him that any little thing is counted as a success.

IMO, Lander has more upside on offense than Rob. Rob is a void on offense and he dribbles the air out of the ball. The offensive tempo grinds to a halt, no one seems to get in their sets and just goes through the motions. Sure he’s not good at defense, but 17 points in the second half, what difference would it have made if Lander was in over Rob?

Just now, HoosierTrav said:

I disagree. Wholeheartedly. He was worse than awful in the 2nd half. 

Maybe the last 8:30 of the second half, but the whole second half, no way!  If anybody thought we would maintain a 20 point lead the entire 2nd half you were lying to yourself!  We had a 12 point lead with 8 minutes to go for Christ's sake.  That was a better position than I thought we would be in.

Just now, reconmkd said:

IMO, Lander has more upside on offense than Rob. Rob is a void on offense and he dribbles the air out of the ball. The offensive tempo grinds to a halt, no one seems to get in their sets and just goes through the motions. Sure he’s not good at defense, but 17 points in the second half, what difference would it have made if Lander was in over Rob?

Lander's defense is bad.  And I've really started to doubt that he actually knows the offense.

And that's not an endorsement of Phin, because I don't think he's very good.  But Lander seems to like a backup quarterback:  most popular guy with the fans until he actually gets to play,  The coaching staff isn't naive.  They know that Lander will probably leave if he isn't playing.  The fact that they know this and keep him on the bench (and this is the second staff now to do so) says to me that don't care if he leaves.

10 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Firmly believe it's a combination of being from Indiana as a 5* recruit and since he reclassed early he's not held to as high of standard. The recruit from Indiana mantra, after all, was cited as a reason Archie would succeed many a times.