Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

Indiana at Wisconsin Game Thread

Just now, Golfman25 said:

I may be wrong, but I think the failure to get a shot up with 10 sec in the Syracuse game is playing a part.  

I think you are right...you have to end that game there. Also I pointed this out after but there was one point where he could've had a loose ball and didn't get it. It was out on IU and Syracuse scored when Indiana should've had the ball. The game changed after that point. I may be making a big deal about it but that was huge. IU was up like 4 at the time and Syracuse went on an 8-0 run after that second chance. 

1 minute ago, Golfman25 said:

I may be wrong, but I think the failure to get a shot up with 10 sec in the Syracuse game is playing a part.  

That wasn’t solely on Lander, nobody seemed like they knew the play, it was chaos the moment the ball was inbounded. 

I agree somewhat. I like this team. But they have some bad trends so far (can't finish games, slow starts, scoring droughts, free throw shooting, turnovers). 
Yes same crap we have been doing I agree one thousand percent. I am not happy one bit. Woody has a lot to fix and prove. Iu basketball is in major trouble thanks to Archie's major failure basically it all hinges on Woodson because not sure where from here we go and Woodson isn't going anywhere for a bit so let's pray he can Coach.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, reconmkd said:

That wasn’t solely on Lander, nobody seemed like they knew the play, it was chaos the moment the ball was inbounded. 

I get it, but that's what leaders do.  Busted play, go make something happen.  

29 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

This is exactly what I seen.  X trying to play hero and didn’t get others involved.  That pick & roll was working but X stopped looking for it and started looking to score. Stewart & Kopp we’re non-existent in the 2nd half but I blame X and Phinesee.  Phinesee kept dribbling too much east and west, I never seen him go north and south

Coaching staff should have been on top of it. TJD was stuck on 8 shots, Parker 5 and Kopp 5 for what seemed like forever.

4 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Yes same crap we have been doing I agree one thousand percent. I am not happy one bit. Woody has a lot to fix and prove. Iu basketball is in major trouble thanks to Archie's major failure basically it all hinges on Woodson because not sure where from here we go and Woodson isn't going anywhere for a bit so let's pray he can Coach.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

He most certainly can. I'm hopeful this is a team that can peak in February and March. I've said all along my expectation is to get in the tournament and win a game. I still think these guys can do that. Should that be the standard at IU? NO! But when you haven been to the tournament since 2016 that's where you have to start. My biggest question mark is consistent PG play. I love the good Xavier Johnson. By far the best PG since Yogi. But the bad Xavier is no better than what IU has had the last 5 years. Super talented kid but plays outta control. I think Rob has looked awful this year considering he's their most experienced player. 

5 minutes ago, Ryno6284 said:

The Durr travel call when we were up 56-44 completely changed the outcome of the game!  As subtle as that was, it was more important to momentum than anyone is talking about!

It was a horrible call no doubt you are right. It went from being a 14 point game to a 10 point game in a matter of seconds. But if these guys were lost mentally after that...we are screwed. They were still up 12 points. You find a freaking way to win. 

The two biggest surprises to me on this board this week was how many people seemed to think we would and should win this game, and how many people think this is a tournament team. I unfortunately thought to myself...wow I can't believe we'll probably blow a 22 point lead. It's hard for me to see more than 18-19 wins as well and that won't include enough quality wins to get in. Maybe the last 4 years combined with this football season just completely ruined me. 

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Talent is important. Discipline and execution are more important. 

Which as we all know is Wisconsin's bread and butter. Hats off to them. I remember the Davison kid getting hype after cutting the lead to like ten. That's still a lot but you could tell he knew they would win. That is what we need at IU. I know we all can't stand him but still. 

Just now, colonel06 said:

Already thinking how fast this is going to show up on BTN as “Wisconsin Classic” game. I just can’t stand it, I think this is worse than getting a Purdue beat down!

It'll play tomorrow a couple times then there should be enough live games and Michigan/O$U replays till bowl season.

Just now, HoosierFan1994 said:

It was a horrible call no doubt you are right. It went from being a 14 point game to a 10 point game in a matter of seconds. But if these guys were lost mentally after that...we are screwed. They were still up 12 points. You find a freaking way to win. 

That call was all it took. Once it starts, you can't stop it!