Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

Indiana at Wisconsin Game Thread

2 minutes ago, GoIU8 said:

My point is that these guys have a losing mentality. I don't care how great Jackson-Davis is, he's used to getting 20 points 12 rebounds in a loss. No one on this team knows how to finish a game for ****. 

Is it not the coach’s job to change his players’ mentality if that’s the case? His team is much more talented than the team Archie had in his first season. Trayce is one of the best players in college basketball. There isn’t an excuse to blowing a 20 point lead and only scoring 17 points in the second half. 

Reminder that this is the first good team we’ve played this season. We are middle of the B1G at BEST and more likely bottom half and fringe tourney team. The problem this year, is that we don’t have any quality wins to lean on in the non conference. 

If I were a betting man, I’d bet that this team misses the tournament. I see 18-19 wins. Hope I’m wrong but there are clear signs of this teams trajectory, if you’re able to remove the crimson and cream glasses. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

He’s been low key disrespectful to Lander in his media comments. Before the season he referred to him as ‘Little Khristian.’ Strange. 

I've been a massive Lander critic. I don't think he's anywhere near as good as he was hyped up to be. That being said I don't get why he's not playing. I've been somewhat impressed so far this year in his growth. I think he's good for 10-15 minutes a game. 

4 minutes ago, GoIU8 said:

My point is that these guys have a losing mentality. I don't care how great Jackson-Davis is, he's used to getting 20 points 12 rebounds in a loss. No one on this team knows how to finish a game for ****. 

lol. Most of the starting rotation is new. 

Tonight wasn't a "losing mentality moment"... If anything, it was bad PG play, and the PG that was having the most issues wasn't here last year. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Is it not the coach’s job to change his players’ mentality if that’s the case? His team is much more talented than the team Archie had in his first season. Trayce is one of the best players in college basketball. There isn’t an excuse to blowing a 20 point lead and only scoring 17 points in the second half. 

I totally agree. Anyone who disagrees go read about Jimmy Johnson. Took a 1-15 team to the Super Bowl 3 years later. As a coach you have to change the mindset of your team. I'm sure there is a college basketball coach you can compare as well. 

Wow I get accused of being overly negative and this is what I am reading lol. This fan isn't going anywhere. We haven't won here since 1998 so not surprising to lose. The way we lost is everything most of us have been saying for along time however and sadly I am not convinced woody is going to be the answer we prayed for but not totally convinced he isn't. Let's see how the team goes from here. We need to build from this point forward.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, colonel06 said:

Lander was at IU a year too early and is still trying to recover. He will stay right here where he has good staff to bring him around, maybe the portal the following year but not now.

After the comments from Woody, how/why would you,18-19 yo 5star PG, stay? Seriously, he has a free transfer from the NCAA! 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

He’s been low key disrespectful to Lander in his media comments. Before the season he referred to him as ‘Little Khristian.’ Strange. 

Wonder if Woody is pulling an RMK "challenging his manhood" type thing to see if Lander can take it and grow into a leader since he is still fairly young?

I’ll admit I was yelling at the tv in the 2nd half and felt it slipping away when they cut it under 10, but man, some of you need to back away from the ledge.  Yes, plenty of blame to go around, but some of you would have wanted to get rid of RMK after various losses.  Hopefully both coaches and players learn from tonight and we get better.  Still plenty of basketball to play.  

1 minute ago, Southside said:

lol. Most of the starting rotation is new. 

Tonight wasn't a "losing mentality moment"... If anything, it was bad PG play, and the PG that was having the most issues wasn't here last year. 

Nah you blow a 22 point lead that's a losing mentality. Period. Zero killer instinct on this team.

1 minute ago, hoosierbannerd said:

Wonder if Woody is pulling an RMK "challenging his manhood" type thing to see if Lander can take it and grow into a leader since he is still fairly young?

I hope that is what it is, but it could really backfire! I don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing, just seems really odd with the random comments Woody has made.

5 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

Reminder that this is the first good team we’ve played this season. We are middle of the B1G at BEST and more likely bottom half and fringe tourney team. The problem this year, is that we don’t have any quality wins to lean on in the non conference. 

If I were a betting man, I’d bet that this team misses the tournament. I see 18-19 wins. Hope I’m wrong but there are clear signs of this teams trajectory, if you’re able to remove the crimson and cream glasses. 

Do we beat Wisconsin at home in Feb?  

30 minutes ago, Trish said:

Yeah Archie didn’t have anything going for him and we may never know why everything became stale. But if we strike out on Woodson, who is an IU alum of course, this fan base might catch a bus to West LaLa and support the #1 team in America. 

You still don't understand why Archie got the results he did?  Lol, seriously please stop.  

5 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I've been a massive Lander critic. I don't think he's anywhere near as good as he was hyped up to be. That being said I don't get why he's not playing. I've been somewhat impressed so far this year in his growth. I think he's good for 10-15 minutes a game. 

He was recruited by Archie Miller, which I think says a lot. Miller was horrible at evaluating talent. 

4 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Wow I get accused of being overly negative and this is what I am reading lol. This fan isn't going anywhere. We haven't won here since 1998 so not surprising to lose. The way we lost is everything most of us have been saying for along time however and sadly I am not convinced woody is going to be the answer we prayed for but not totally convinced he isn't. Let's see how the team goes from here. We need to build from this point forward.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I agree somewhat. I like this team. But they have some bad trends so far (can't finish games, slow starts, scoring droughts, free throw shooting, turnovers). 

7 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I may be wrong, but I think the failure to get a shot up with 10 sec in the Syracuse game is playing a part.